• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to come out of this draft with a PG

capstone21

• Admin

I am not saying to get Paul or Deron but we need to get Felton, Jack or Ukic.

We are in desparate need at that position and the FA PG market is terrible this season. I am not worried about the center position since there are a lot of free agents we can go after.

This draft is Point guard rich and the top 5 are all potential starting quality for our team. If we get Williams or Bogut with 2 we need to make a trade to get one of the other 3 point guards mentioned above. I will be happy with any of them. The Houston trade of 31/cash for 24 would be worthwhile if Jack is still on the board. However, maybe 19 will be worth a consideration if we don't want to take a chance. If we come out with Bogut/Marvin and Jack/Ukic I will be very happy. If we come out without a point guard I will consider this a dissappointment.

I definately think the best thing to do would be to draft a young point who first experience in the NBA will be in the Hawks system. I like Deron and Paul the most but would be happy with Ukic or Jack honestly.

We still have options in FA but would I really would prefer a point who we can develop into the perfect point for the system the Hawks plan on using.

Either way we will need a upgrade at point guard to show any improvement. For us on Hawksquawk I think whatever the record at the end of the season is we will honestly be able to gauge whether or not the hawks got any better but improvement in the win/loss column would be great as well.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I am not saying to get Paul or Deron but we need to get Felton, Jack or Ukic.

We are in desparate need at that position and the FA PG market is terrible this season. I am not worried about the center position since there are a lot of free agents we can go after.

This draft is Point guard rich and the top 5 are all potential starting quality for our team. If we get Williams or Bogut with 2 we need to make a trade to get one of the other 3 point guards mentioned above. I will be happy with any of them. The Houston trade of 31/cash for 24 would be worthwhile if Jack is still on the board. However, maybe 19 will be worth a consideration if we don't want to take a chance. If we come out with Bogut/Marvin and Jack/Ukic I will be very happy. If we come out without a point guard I will consider this a dissappointment.

I agree that we have to get a point guard out of this draft. While there are a few free agent centers available this off season, there are virtually no worthwhile free agent point guards. With all of the international players in the draft this year, I believe that Jack will drop into the late teens/early twenties(hopefully). If that happens, we have to make a move to take him. With the respective deficiencies of the "top" 3 pg's (paul&size, felton&size+inconsistency, deron&speed), I think that Jack is a good compromise of all of their strengths at pg. He has the size, speed, and defensive toughness that you look for in a floor general. His team basically over acheived because of his strong play at the point. Imagine what he could do with Smith, Childress, and Harrington/Marvin. I don't know much about Ukic, but a 6'5" pg sounds like BK's kind of player.

I'm not disagreeing. But I think our odds of landing a watson or a jaric are much better than our odds of getting the better centers. I'm just saying I think it is not going to be easy to get a center here.

I also would love to see Jack or Ukic here