Would you trade Al for Eddy Curry?

Inside_Man

Quote:

The point is, you win with size in the NBA. With Curry and Tyson Chandler, the Bulls are big enough to cause opponents problems inside, even if those players are not in Shaq or Duncan’s stratosphere.

Eddy Curry

Keep in mind, general manager John Paxson won’t agree to a trade that makes no sense for the Bulls. But if they can get a decent big man in return, a deal could happen.

Lorenzen Wright? Al Harrington? Jeff Foster? Rasho Nesterovic? Channing Frye? It’s difficult to predict the possibilities.

If there is little to no interest in Curry as a restricted free agent, the Bulls are prepared to make a contract offer, but the dollar amount may be less than Curry’s camp originally hoped for. The Bulls also may try nudging him toward getting a DNA test that might rule out the presence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

source

• Admin

Curry is one of the most overrated centers in the NBA. He can't rebound or play defence. He plays with no passion and only for a paycheck. He can score but rebounding and defence are more important from that position so I hope we don't waste our money on this guy.

Quote:

He plays with no passion and only for a paycheck.

So what you're saying is.... he doesn't have the heart for the NBA?

BADOOM-TSSHHH!!!

The two free agent 5 spot guys I would stay away from are Curry and Kwame. Curry, despite his size, plays little D and is not a strong rebounder. Kwame quit, before he was tossed, on his team while in the playoffs. He has real attitude problems and does not fit the character mode BK is interested in.

It seems to me that Swift and Gads are the most likely realistic FA options at the 5 spot. SamDal and Chandler will cost close to a max like contract. Big Z might be an option if the Cavs sign Curry.

What a shame BK did not resign Pryz. He fits exactly what we need (big, physical, mean streak, shot blocker) and I prefer him over most of the other options out there. The Blazers are trying to clear cap space in part to be able to resign him after next year to a long term contract.

Quote:

Curry is one of the most overrated centers in the NBA. He can't rebound or play defence. He plays with no passion and only for a paycheck. He can score but rebounding and defence are more important from that position so I hope we don't waste our money on this guy.

I guess not if he a big lazy stiff.

Everyone talks about what Curry doesn't do (rebound, play D) but what about what he DOES do? He is a TERRIFIC true low post scorer who shoots a VERY high percentage. He led a playoff team in scoring and would have led that team to the 2nd round had he been available to play. He's only 22 and he will only get better. Tyson Chandler and Sam Dalembert get all the love around here but neither of them will EVER be as good offensively as Curry already is. The bottom line for me is that you can find a good rebounding/good defending/good shotblocking Center a lot easier than you can find a low post Center who can score like Curry.

I'd take Curry in a heartbeat for Big Al. In fact, I LOVE that deal because it would allow us to also go out and sign a max FA like Ray Allen, Joe Johnson or Larry Hughes. Heck, we could even sign Dalembert in ADDITION to Curry if we traded him for Al. Who wouldn't like a lineup of:

Curry/Dalembert

Smith

Williams

Chillz

PG/Stoudamire

or

Curry

Smith

Williams

Allen (or Hughes)/Chillz

Stoudamire

Talk about perimeter shooting with that 2nd lineup! How would you double Curry in the post with Allen on one side, Williams on the other side and Stoudamire in the middle?