• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Odd that I rarely hear this name here:

beav

Woodson.

It seems like no one ever and I mean ever talks about the coach of the Hawks. I'm curious why? I admittedly didn't see a half-dozen Hawks games last year, but it just seems strange.

Every other post is something about Knight, and practically every post in the past years was about Kruger, Stotts or Lenny, but zippo on Woodson.

Woodson is getting a pass right now, because he is in the middle of a rebuilding process where there are few expectations. Kruger had JT, Shareef, Theo, and for a few months Big Dog. That team was expected to make a run for the playoffs, and they fell short.

Not sure why Stotts received such a bad rap here, because I'm sure many of us saw the flaws in the Hawks as a team. Stotts had the Hawks playing well at the end of 2003-2004, but we all knew that none of that really mattered. The team was still flawed, and wouldn't have made a playoff run if they were kept together. Woody will be given 3 full years before he starts feeling the heat. Ownership, mgmt, and the fans want to see improvement each year, which is something this city hasn't seen out of the hawks since the mid 90's.

Quote:

I feel that all Woodson can do is play the cards he's dealt. Also he's BK's boy. BK is in control.

There was some criticism of his substitution patterns last year.

I agree, curious to see if he does "improve" this year.