• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is the best offseason we've had in a decade!!

hotboyj

This is crazy don't you think. I mean we are the Hawks. This doesn't make any sense.

Since when are the Hawks a big competitor in FACY?

We are getting players that are coming from a starting role, on a team that went to the conference finals, to want to come and play with the worst team in the league.

Then we are getting strong messages from one of the premier big men in the league. Last year we couldn't even get Dampier to show some sort of interest in this ball club.

I can't believe I am saying this but we are in a very, very good position if everything pans out to become at least a sixth seed in the playoffs.

I don't know whose @ss to kiss first.

Do I kiss BK's @ss for drafting so well, getting rid of overpaid mediocre players, and clearing up so much cap space.

Do I kiss Smoove's @ss for winning the dunk contest, and letting people know there actually still is a team in Atlanta.

All I know is things are looking up, the Hawks are no longer the laughing stock of the NBA.

Toronto has unanimously taken the throne, no questions asked

this is still one of the best offseasons we've had in a long, and I do mean long time.

What I am getting at is that the entire view of the Hawks has changed.

Don't you remember when our max contract wasn't even good enough for the likes of Dampier?

We are no longer just getting the washed up guys like Kenny Anderson, we are getting up-and-comers.

Maybe we can use Curry to get Daly since he might get jealous.

Can you imagine that we use someone to get something we want, we certainly know how the other side of the spectrum feels like.

Guest Walter

...I'm hopefully not only that we can sign and keep some up-and-comers, but that they up-and-come at positions we need.

We're a long way from "good offseason" congratulations, but on the way.

W

im glad that ur excited and all... but u should give it some time. dont wanna get all hyped up for no reason.

bc free agents COULD be using us, to force their original teams to offer a better CONTRACT. we do not know their true interests at heart, so theres no guarantees.

so until we sign a some free agents (bigger names than Jon barry, or Kevin Willis), lets not mention the hawks and the "6th seed" for now... lol

but ur rite- theres definitely something good here. atleast we know that Knight is trying.

I agree that we havent done much worth mentioning during the offseason pretty much since we signed Dikembe. But dumping all your players so you get good draft picks and have capspace is gonna naturally make the offseason better but will it make the actual season better. Plus most of the news we are reading now is likely just media fabrications. It's still very likely that we'll go into this offseason the worst team in the NBA and not add any good players in the positions where we needed help. I trust BK to make some more good moves but I hope those moves are not for Joe Johnson or Curry.

Quote:

Don't you remember when our max contract wasn't even good enough for the likes of Dampier?

i think you are thoroughly confused about last offseason and the damp situation

a) we only offered the max to kmart, who got a matching offer for denver, so he chose the playoff team FOR THE SAME MONEY, not less

b) damp was very interested in our team (he wanted $$), but BK refused to give him what he wanted (he gave FAR less than the max), so he held out until the SNT with dallas (for FAR more money than BK offered damp)

bk would NOT overpay for lazy damp, so we didn't get him...if we had paid him what he wanted, he woulda been here in a heartbeat

It is nice to see someone with a positive attitude. Keep it up. I feel upbeat too, but I don't really know why. We really haven't signed anyone yet, but I am optimistic. Even if we don't, I am pretty happy with the additions from the draft. But we should add a few more players. It is a much better situation than last year.

Don't let "the nattering naybobs of negativity" drag you down.

yeti