• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on Zaza Pachulia?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Rumor has it (good ole' Chad Ford again) that if the Hawks strike out on the Big3 of centers, they may overpay to steal Zaza away from the Bucks.

A lot depends on the new CBA, but there is a provision being discussed re: 2nd rounders like Pachulia.

Best case scenario: The Hawks offer Zaza a three-year deal worth slightly over the MLE for a total of ~$18M. Depending on the new CBA, the max the Bucks could offer would be the MLE.

He's a decent, young big man with upside, and he's better than Collier. He put up 6/5 in 19 minutes/game.

Quote:

Rumor has it (good ole' Chad Ford again) that if the Hawks strike out on the Big3 of centers, they may overpay to steal Zaza away from the Bucks.

A lot depends on the new CBA, but there is a provision being discussed re: 2nd rounders like Pachulia.

Best case scenario: The Hawks offer Zaza a three-year deal worth slightly over the MLE for a total of ~$18M. Depending on the new CBA, the max the Bucks could offer would be the MLE.

He's a decent, young big man with upside, and he's better than Collier. He put up 6/5 in 19 minutes/game.

If we signed him and JJ, I would still consider it a very successful off season. If we only get Zaza, I would be happy with him but disappointed that we have all that cap space and again not able to draw a big time producer.

Quote:

can we win with him as our center? i'm asking cuz i don't know much about him..i don't see other centers becoming available soon so he'd have to be.

He is a big body that could turn out to be a legitimate 12 - 14pts and 10 boards a game performer. I do not think he will be a defensive stopper, no more tha 1 to 1.5 blocks a game. There is no doubt about this though, he is a better low post player than anyone we have right now.

I would also rather have him than Swift any day of the week.

I believe Smoove gave Zaza a facial during a game last season. In fact I think he dunked on him several times and blocked Zaza's shot on other occasions. I don't remember Zaza being very impressive at all. If we have to dip into the 2nd and 3rd tier bigmen I would rather give short term reasonable contracts to Dale Davis, Ervin Johnson, and Arthur Johnson than to spend money on another soft Euro player.