• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's trade Peerless Price for T.O.!!!

cyman3

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2113696

"If Joe Banner can give Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade," he told SportsNite, "who knows, Atlanta might be on the list of people that I could play for."

- ur thoughts on these holdouts? on TO/Javon Walker? on Drew Rosenhaus? what about Brett Farve and his statements about Javon Walker?

According to Stephen A Smith, Farve needs to shut his face and mind his own business. interesting, nonetheless.

i cant stand NFL holdouts. u sign a contract in the beginning, and u want to change it? what if the situation was reverse- and u do WORSE, should the owners be allowed to change ur contact in their favor?

Stephen A Smith? I care about his opinion of

the NFL about as much as I care about Dickie V's

opinion of the NBA. He should get the JUST SHUTUP

award.

Farve has obviousally help make Walkers career in

the first place... So I'd say he has a right to his

opinion.

About Owens... Why would it be any better? The first

time Vick scrambled twice in a row Owens probably

would have a fit and the samething would still be

going on.

• Admin

first off, NO to T.O. He's not worth the trouble he will bring, period.

HOldouts should get what T.O is getting, NOTHING. Philly doesn't need him to win. They are better with him. But he doesn't make that team a winner. Don't give him anything, he signed a contract. If he didn't know what his worth was when he signed it, that's he and his agents fault. Let him sit out the entire season, he'll lose about 12 mil I think.

Oddly enough, all these guys are working under the same agent. Seems to be that either this agent is just a d*ck or he's not good at getting his guys contracts.

And for once I agree with STephen A. Farve needs to shut his mouth. He's making 18 mil a season and hasn't been worth it for 3-4 season now. He's on the decline and he can't get it done in big games.

• Moderators

Quote:

your crazy chillz. with philly to is a favorite to win the super bowl. without him they are a wild card team. thats a huge difference.

Philly

- 2002 makes NFC final game w/o TO on the roster

- 2003 makes NFC final game w/o TO on the roster

- 2004 makes NFC final game and TO can't play and they win to goto the NFL finals where they lose with TO

How does TO make a huge difference in where they finish again?

Just because it works in Madden, doesn't mean it works here.

Cap wise, we can't afford TO.

Character wise, McKay/Blank wouldn't have TO.

Talent wise, how about we at least give Roddy and Jenkins a shot?

Not to mention that the Eagles wouldn't trade him to Atlanta, anyway...

• Moderators

Quote:

ahf thats a terrible agruement. those past years mean jack . the nfc was weaker then.

The NFC in 2004 was weaker than the NFC in 2004??? TO hasn't advanced them even one round further than they would have gotten without him.

I don't understand what you are talking about. The Eagles made the NFC championship game in 2002 & 2003 and were favorites to get there without TO in 2004. They acquired TO to push them over the top and he got injured and they advanced to the superbowl without him anyway. He came back and they lost. How was he such a big factor for them?

• Admin

He makes them better and a healthy TO might have gotten them by the Pats. But that's not a given. They would have made it that far without him, just like they did anyway.

He's a cancer man. Any guy who doesn't have the guts to stick to a contract that he signed, isn't anyone I want on the team I pay money to see.

lol are you serious? do you not realize how much better the pats were than everyone in the nfc last year? those years you mentioned was pretty much the bucs and the eagles were okay. now you have several good nfc teams who can be contenders. the eagles,falcons,panthers,vikes, and you can never count out favre

• Moderators

Quote:

without him they are a wild card team. thats a huge difference.

Explain this to me. They cannot be a wild card team if they win their division like they have every year for a while. Who are you predicting to beat the Eagles within their division if they lose TO? The Cowboys, Redskins or Giants (all were 6-10 last season)? IMO, without TO the Eagles still comfortably win that division and are not a wildcard team.

• Moderators

Quote:

all of those teams improved in the off season. the eagles did not.

OK but you still haven't told me which one of those teams you expect to beat the Eagles without TO. I don't see it happening with any of them. They improved but have a long way to go.

The Giants aren't making a run at the playoffs this year because they are too young at QB and have no OL.

The Redskins haven't improved that much and have some chemistry issues and more questions at QB.

The Cowboys seem like your best bet but Julius Jones better dominate the league because the rest of their offense (other than Whalen) isn't very impressive. Their D is excellent. I expect they will improve a lot but I am trying to understand if you are saying you expect them (or one of the other divisional teams) to finish better than the Eagles without TO this season.

yea, all b/c teams improved doesnt mean they are at the EAGLES' level.

the entire eagles SECONDARY are probowlers. heck, u can send the eagles defense to represent the NFC if u wanted to at the probowl game.

and the offense is above average (even w/o TO). McNabb finds his target and guys like Westbrook always steps up.

i see them as the NFC favorites w/ or w/o TO as of right now.

Just to note, Peerless has already been knocked to the #3 WR, as Jenkins and Dez White were working as the first team, with Roddy White not in camp yet.

I would hope this would light a fire under Peerless, but to be realistic, I expect him to waste away on the sidelines this year and be gone soon after. Maybe he can find enough inspiration to be a decent #3...

my only knock on Peerless is his inability to create space b/t himself and the Cornerbacks.

is it lack of effort? the play calling that limits his talents? wat is it?

i mean the guy is a wellrounded WR w/ good hands. wats up?

i cant really blame mike vick. he seems to work extremely well including Alge Crumpler and Brian Finneran.

so what is it w/ Peerless? is nightlife ATLANTA distracting Price?