• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel is right...Dickau is the man!

dimes4life

Diesel i want to thank you for your support. Dickau is the futrure pg of the team. I can not wait until the season starts and I am watching every single Hawks game, and then i will really beable to see how those Hawks play. All of these 'Hawks' fans say they know everything about basketball and what it takes to win a championship. I love the game and with a passion. i follow each and every team and every player of the NBA. Please don't tell me or deny that Dan Dickau will be the Hawks pg soon....real soon. Yes! I love the NBA. Damn I am in a great mood. 2 months until season starts. Whooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kings will now win the championship with Keon Clark and Biby resigned! P.S. Kevin Willis signs with Spurs and Hudson signs with T-Wolves. Talk to you soon. Go Kings and Go Dan Dickau, you are my idle!

You think Keon Clark is the key to your championship?He's

going to guard Shaq?He and his toothpick legs.

You must be 15 years old.If you are any older than that you

are embarassing yourself.Do yourself a favor,go back to your

board.Thinking Keon is the key to a title shows the lack of

knowledge of the game you have.It's pure hope just like

your hope for Brevin.....errrr....Dan [censored].lol

What's next?Dickau/Shareef are Stockton/Malone?That's

probably about what you and Diesel would be thinking....

I can see it now....Hawks go 7-10 in November and this kid

rushing to the board yelling"I told you so"side stepping the

fact that we have 4 new players(Newble probably will go

elsewhere and we will sign another player)I can just see

it.Mark it down Chillz that way I can laugh when it happens.

• Admin

Keon Clark was an excellent pickup for the Kings. They got him for nothing. They also did not lose anyone by signing him. He is a major upgrade from Laurence Funderburke off the bench and he can play both C and PF. The Kings are already this close to beating the Lakers, that just makes them a little closer. Look at their bench -- Clark, Bobby Jackson, Hedo, Gerald Wallace and Scott Pollard. Probably the best bench in the NBA now. Plus along with Pollard they have Webber and Vlade and now Clark to bang with Shaq.

I want to see Clark TRY and guard Shaq.He is the least likely

out of Pollard/Vlade to get the job done.He has no size at all.

At best he might take Pollards minutes,but Keon isn;'t going

to make any bit of difference.What's his role?Shut down Walker

and Horry?Is he going to play SF?If he can't guard Shaq or Kobe

he is going to make very little difference.

Unless Webber grows a pair they will fail again.I can't wait to see

Clark and his 218 pound body bang with Shaq.He might be a additional

6 fouls but that is about all.

"Unless Webber grows a pair they will fail again"

- I'd like to see that series again with a healthy Peja...I have a feeling that the results woulda been different

In a recent Shareef argument between Hotlanta and Diesel I sided heavily with Diesel...but here again I go confusing everyone. Hotlanta is dead on here and Diesel has issues.

O.k. the boy can pass but the NBA is about spacing. dribbling to a spot with space to create lanes to pass and drive. If there was ever a way to break down basketball, this is it. Penetrate, create space, shoot or pass. 5 Players doing it at once with the most important of the 5 being the point guard.

Pure Basketball at it's best is just that. 5 people creating a little space in the passing, driving lanes by moving their bodies and getting to a spot on the floor first. That's it.

Now how do you do this. Athleticism. Terry has it, Dickau doesn't. IF you could put Dickau's vision in Terry's body you'd be perfect. But to be an effective point guard in this league, you've got to be able to beat the opposing pg off the dribble. Dan can't or at least won't be able to for a while. There is a huge difference in the college game to the pros.

The PGs are all quick...super quick and bigger. They take away space and lot's of it. Ask Scoonie Penn who was the man off the dribble in College. He was considered an excellent college point guard. But once he got to the NBA he was too short and too slow after the first move to create real space...that's why he's played in Europe and not the states.

Dickau looked good in summer leagues, but in the milwaukee game, you may have noticed he couldn't shake the defensive minded backup point guard for Milwaukee. That will be the norm in the NBA. He isn't ready and won't be any time soon. He'll be a backup and a decent one at that...but never a real starter..Never.

JT on the other hand can beat most NBA points off the dribble. Improved court vision will come. His scoring will go down a little (to about 15 -17 a game) as he passes more but his assist will eventually push 9-11 a game. The real beneficiary of this...Demarr Johnson. The point always draws the 2 in Double teams leaving Johnson open..alot. He'll also create tons of backside cuts for Demarr.

You'll see SAR around 21-23 a game with Terry at the point. GRob at 19-20. Ratliff at 10-12 and Terry himself at 16 ish a game...but you'll see Demarr flourish at 12-14 a game and getting better as the season rolls on.

This team is designed for success as is.

Sorry dimes4life, but your organization sucks then.......The kings GM, Coach everyone in the front office, Am I right?

I'll tell you how I know that the Kings organization sucks so much.. Since you are always riding on Dickau's you know what then WHY THE HELL DID THE KINGS TRADED HIM, because if according to you Dickau will and should be starting at the point over JT, then Bibby is $hit compare to Dickau because IMO I will take JT over Bibby anyday. Thank you very much and go to your damn Kings messageboard and ride your little boytoy Dan there. Oh wait I forgot you guys have no mssageboard, how sad, sorry.

• Premium Member

Nowhere have I said that I dislike Terry. I like Terry a whole lot. I really hope he fits in as PG. What I have said is that we need him to buckle down and BE PG. NOT SG masquerading as a PG but a PG.

I have never said that Dickau is a better player than JT. Although many say he's a Gym rat with skills Comparble to a young Stockton, that's just talk. It will take him some time to come to being even close to what the player JT is.

I did say however, because he is cheaper and PROBABLY able to pick up the PG position quicker than JT did or has or is, Dickau is more than JUST a BU. He is actually in the fight for the PG spot. This is the total of all that's been said by me. Many say that Dickau is more of a conventional PG than JT... I didn't. Every thing that I have seen from Dickau reminds me of JT. A scoring PG. However, if Dickau can run the offense better than JT... JT may be used in trade.

Two things I have made note of:

1. Economics.

This is important. JT has a possibile extension/new contract coming up. With our cap situation being what it is, I'm not sure if we will pay him IF he is not running the offense. DD is a player that can be plugged in for CHEAP that can possible run the offense just as well or Better than JT. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT HE'S A BETTER PLAYER THAN JT.

2. Chemistry.

With the addition of Big Dog, we need a guy to run the offense. A third 20 point scorer is nice, but we need LEADERSHIP with the ball. I expect both SAR and Glenn to be Blackholes with the ball in their hands. They may pass, but for the most part, they are scorers. We don't need a PG with that same mentality. IF JT comes out with the Sam Cassell Mentality, it will ruin this opportunity. JT needs to watch how Payton worked with Kemp and Shrempf. Payton was patient with his offense even though it was always there. That allowed Kemp and Shrempf to do what they needed to do. We need a Leader, not another scorer.

But somehow, All I see is people saying that I'm in love with Dickau. NO. I'm not in love with Dickau. Glad we have him but I realize that he's more than just a BU. Babcock is saying to JT, OK, we can replace you if you don't do what we need you to do. AND I won't put it past Babcock to trade:

JT/Hendu/Nazr to NY for Spreewell/Harrington.

"But somehow, All I see is people saying that I'm in love with Dickau. NO. I'm not in love with Dickau. Glad we have him but I realize that he's more than just a BU. Babcock is saying to JT, OK, we can replace you if you don't do what we need you to do. AND I won't put it past Babcock to trade:

JT/Hendu/Nazr to NY for Spreewell/Harrington. "

I agree that dickau is indeed insurance and possible leverage for negotiations with JT (provided that he plays at a reasonable level)... no way do the hawks pay JT the max and you can probably bet that is where his agent will start (if he hasn't already)...

but I sincerely hope that he would never make that trade for sprewell... I'd just become a full-time blazers fan at that point...

He couldnt of put it better than that. I agree with every bit of info in that post my man. Just some examples Diesel and Dimes4life.....Scoonie, B. Hurley, Belcher, Ed Cota (tremendous court vision), Omar Cook, Erick Barkley, Matten Cleaves, Khalid El-Amin, Antonio Daniels, Tony Delk, Bryce Drew......and yes I will name them all just to prove my point, just like you guys TRY to prove your points.....let me go on......Howard Eisley, Luciosu Harris, Brevin Knight, Jacque Vaughn, and so many many more Point guards that are out of the NBA that I didnt mention. My friends the toughest position to transform from college to the NBA is by far the PG position. Eeveryone up here failed to do so and they were very highly scouted and had very high expectations. Most of these PG's came out of top programs in the country and if there was a College Hall of Fame for Players, then all of them will most likely be there.

My question is what makes you think that Dickau has it over any of these guys. What has he proved that these guys just as well proved and better in college than Dan did. Most of these guys were lottery picks and Dickau was 28, last in 1st round. Why wasn't he picked higher? Why did the kings traded him and not Bobby Jackson if according to Diesel and Dimes4life he will be a superstar.

Sorry but both of you are wrong because Dickau didnt show anything special in the summer league games until he does then he will earn some respect from us, but the truth of the matter is that he hasnt played 1 minute in this league.

Spree/Big DOg/Reef on the same team is a worse idea.Talk

about Terry shooting?Spree shoots alot...problem is that

he also bricks alot as his subpar 40% shooting.If we trade

JT getting a old man like Spree is foolish.Spree is to old to

be apart of a future team.We will be aging team again in

about 3 years with your trade.In 3 years we are old again.

I know you will mention Spree will be a FA soon,but nobody

wants to be here.We are like Utah and players don't want

to come here.Winning doesn't always bring players to the

team.Atlanta is never been a place guys have wanted to

play.We might trade for a player that will say nice things,

but that doesn't for mean that he means what he is saying.

In two or three years Spree is 35 and Big Dog is getting old

at 33 and Reef is about 29.That's dumb and looks to familar

to a team we had before.Why do Atlanta fans want aging

players all the time?

"T/Hendu/Nazr to NY for Spreewell/Harrington. "

That trade is pure trash.We get nothing worthy out of this

trade.Harrington is a undersized fat PF that is as bad as Hendu.

Nobody wants Spree or else he wouldn't be in NY now.He will

be like Toni in two years.Stupid trade for Babcock to want to

make but this wouldn't surprise me either.Just because Bab

said he wouldnt trade for Spree doesn't make it true.Remember

he did say we were going to build around Deke(thank god we didn't)

which would have been a bad idea....But my point is that he will

say one thing and do another.

I don't want a 3 year aging team and that is exactually what this

gives us.We need to be alittle smarter than that.

If Babcock done this trade it would mean even more than he is a idiot.

Babs is still a idiot.He brought in Billy Knight to help cover up for

him.If we miss the playoffs I'd fire babs and see what Knight can do

with the team.

I pretty much agree with all that the responses here, especially the Keon "Toothpick" comments. He has deformed looking tiny lower legs. I think he'll strengthen the Kings and maybe they will get by the Lakers but certainly not due to Keon playing on Shaq. I also would rather have JT than Bibby, and that's what scares me, we cant afford to pay JT what the Kings just paid Bibby. If Dickau pans out we may have to trade JT.

Dimes give me a break man. Dickau has not played one minute of NBA ball against real competition. Dickau should not be compared to anyone, certianly not pumped up by momentary shortsightedness until he shows us his skills in real competion. Dimes you are dillusional if you think that Keon will be the answer for Shaq. He has neither the bulk or the game to be effective against Shaq down low. What will he ever do on defense??? There is no other player in the NBA who can stop Shaq. You better pray he has surgery on that bum toe and is out for the season. Otherwise if he and Kobe remains healthy, same song as last year.

I agree.The Kings had to play so great last year while The Lakers

basically done their norm stuff.Everyone will have to play above

their heads again for them to be able to force the Lakers into a

tough series again this year.

• Premium Member

First off, I'm not saying that DD has it already. BUt I will say that he has had the ADVANTAGE of playing with guys like Ehlo and Stockton while still in College. Say what you want about the transition... NONE Of those guys you mentioned had that kind of advantage. Players that did have that kind of Advantage were:

Finley - Used to work out with Jordan before going pro.

Hakeem - Used to work out with Mo Malone before become a pro.

Just a few off the top of my head. It's not written in stone what will become of Dickau, however, it's really not about Dickau. It's about JT. If JT doesn't prove that he can run the offense effectively or even more effectively than Dickau then you have to know that Babs will use JT as trade material.

Economically:

Why Keep JT and Pay him probably 7 mil per year when you have a Dickau who can run the team better at 1.0 million?

Chemistry wise:

Why Keep JT and allow him to flipflop between SG and PG when you got a floor general in Dickau.

Logically:

It makes sense to use JT's ability to help trade Hendu's salary.