• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GoDawgs21

The info changed in a matter of 30 minutes. It seems that once the judge decided that he wouldn't rule on the situation, the Hawks other owners decided to move forward with their vote to remove Belkin from the Board of Governors. It also appears that once the judge got wind of this, he decided to extend the injunction indefinitely.

Gearon Jr and company are currently working to still get this done though. I don't know what they can do at this point. The decision by the judge can be appealed.

• Moderators

I'm reading that the judge ruled that the partners did not have approval of the NBA to remove Belkin. So they are expediting a request to the NBA to have that approval. I think the indication is that if the NBA approves removing him then the judge will go along with it. It ain't over yet.

It sounds kind of unprecedented. I think they were waiting on the injunction to be lifted before trying to remove him and the judge is saying he won't lift the injuction until the league approves removing him.

I think he's toast. He may screw this deal, but he is now a pariah in this organization if not the league.

Someone needs to kick his ass, IMO. I'd have to say that if I were one of the owners in the room with him, Steve Belkin would have been taken out of the room on a stretcher. I would have lost my temper and beat the living hell out of him, and I would have probably screwed the rest of the groups chances of taking legal action against him.

• Moderators

Quote:

The judge cited that Belkin's partners did not have the NBA's approval to remove him from his governor's post. A short time after the ruling was handed down, Hawks president and CEO Bernie Mullin said the team had expedited a request to the NBA to have Belkin removed.

You know the nba has to go against Belkin. Stern already warned them last year to work out their private differences. You know he's pissed about this.