• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight has some more moves on the horizon

jumpshot

On 680 he mentioned that the roster is not at 15 and expect some more moves. I think we will sign Lue, which is a solid move. We are still lacking another big man. I hope BK can land Curry with a short term (2-3yr) contract or team option. A trade for Darko would be great too.

i still dont understand why everyone on this board would want darko. "oh but hes got so much upside!" "he never got a chance in detroit!" "once he finally starts getting to play he will be a great player"....if your new to this board, as i am, dont drink the darko kool aid. does anyone else agree with me that darko will never amount to anything he was heralded to be when drafted?

• Premium Member

All anyone knows about Darko, is that he has potential and the Pistons took him #2 overall. Anyone that tries to say he will or will not be anything is forming their opinion on...well, just opinion really.

The guy hasn't seen a lick of playing time.

Is he going to be great? Is he going to be a bust? Anyone that can answer that question with 100% certainty should be getting paid millions to scout for some NBA team.

Is he worth taking a look at? Probably. And it doesn't take a basketball genious to figure that out.

A shot at Chandler would be a solid choice. The Bulls can't pay the maximum for both Chandler and Curry; however, I believe BK has been bluffing about Curry's heart condition. He did not offer Curry a contract because BK knew d@mn well that Belkin was going to hold out on the JJ trade (nobody knew except for BK and ownership); BK did not know how long the hold out would be; therefore, BK bought himself time.

First, he scared off other NBA suitors because of Curry's heart condition. Second, since the end of the JJ debacle, BK can play chess with the Chicago Bulls.

BK could easily offer the Max to Chandler; therefore, the Bulls will call BK's bluff and sign Chander. In return, BK makes the next move. He offers Curry a contract that the Bulls cannot match.

Conspiracy Theory. That's what I like about BK. He's a silent GM assassin. Great at playing poker.

Quote:

On 680 he mentioned that the roster is not at 15 and expect some more moves. I think we will sign Lue, which is a solid move. We are still lacking another big man. I hope BK can land Curry with a short term (2-3yr) contract or team option. A trade for Darko would be great too.

I would like to see all the above come true, but I don't see Curry signing a short term contract with Atlanta.

I think we should just go after him strongly.

Quote:

All anyone knows about Darko, is that he has potential and the Pistons took him #2 overall. Anyone that tries to say he will or will not be anything is forming their opinion on...well, just opinion really.

Exactly. The people who are head over heels for him are forming their opinion on the game where he got his career highs against the "lowly Hawks." The people who label him "bust" are forming their opinion on the game early in his career where he was blocked by the rim. (Everyone's seen video of that, I hope?)

I think the thing with Darko is that no one knows what he will become as a player. He has some impressive measurables and skills but he has not yet demonstrated the ability to translate those into game situations. He is a project, a projectible one, but a question mark. Same could be said for Marvin, we don't know how he will turn out.