• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where SHOULD Finley go?

Wretch

• Premium Member

Just wondering what everyone thinks...what's best for him; or what team would you go to if you were Finley. I think Miami can offer him the most money (a few more million) and Phoenix can offer the minimum or something...don't know if that affects how we feel; because, sh!t, y'know? A couple of million ain't nothin to US! grin.gif

• Premium Member

I was reading the AZRepublic... J Coangelo said that he didn't think that Phoenix could land Finley because for Finley, it's a money issue. He suggested that Finley would go to Miami? Finley Would fall in my view of him because he's already getting 51 Million dollars over the next three year... Why not play for a team that will play you?

thats how all of us would think

- he's getting his money from the old contract, so ur #1 emphasis should be comfort/playing time on a great team and not so much about the $$$$.

but these sports players, trying to get single dime they can get. and i dont blame them.

• Admin

I don't know how Miami can afford him. But I guess anything can happen. San Antonio would be the smart place for him to go, if he wants a ring. If he goes to Phoenix or Miami he won't get one there. Miami will become another Dallas/Portland/Houston team full of big name players that win a lot of games but lack the chemistry to go all the way.

• Premium Member

I thought he should have gone to San Antonio too. They didn't need him to win it all last year; and they certainly look better with Finley in the lineup.

They had a Ric Bucher vid on ESPN saying (oh so matter-of-factly) that Finley to Miami was pretty much a done deal and how they'd be ***shocked!!!!*** if Finley ended up anywhere else. I thought it was a bit premature (and bold) to come out like that and...waddayaknow...

The video has been taken down. smirk.gif

he's getting paid slightly less than 5 mill per year (for like the next 10 years) by the Mavs to cover the 50+ left on his contract.

I can't believe he went to the Spurs...who I am actually now 'worried about' simply because THEY'RE LOADED!

How are people going to find pt? NVE, Finley, and Brent Barry all coming off the bench? Throw in Horry, Rasho (or Nazr, whichever starts)...that team just goes on forever.

I don't know enough about how well Finley and NVE played alongside each other in Dallas, but Finley started while NVE was more of the bu/ bench catalyst.

Any way that you break it down, that's a lot of guys who like to shoot (good thing Timmy doesn't).

All I can say is that I respect his taking 'less money' (by far) to go to the Spurs...

I think Brent Barry gets reduced to a Steve Kerr role now. So he might get 10 minutes a game at most to knock down a three at a key situation.

Van Exel will take some of Udrih's minutes away backing up Parker (I think he will also play some SG with Parker in a fast small ball line up from time to time) and Finley will split between the 2 and 3 for 25-30 minutes per game.

They are DEEP now. The scary thing is that they have also improved at forward with rugged 6-10 Argentinian Oberto who averaged 14 and 7 last year in Europe and could prove to be their most important signing of the off-season!

If they are healthy and dont win it all I will be very surprised.

that's just it though ~ Barry's 'worth' more than that...and more valuable than that to most team's in the L. BPlus, he's at the age where his ability to 'be more valuable than that' only has a season to three left.

he was their 'prize' acquisition last year...now...?

He may be put on the trading block/ demand one.

I would. Last years where athleticism still holding out for this former 3pt and slam dunk champion (he did win the 3pt one year right? I'm not making this up?)