• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Hawks Stephen Jackson calls off wedding

Plainview1981

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_sports/co...830135809990001

Stephen Jackson learned the hard way that maybe your wedding day isn't the best time to start talking about prenuptial agreements.

Word has it that Stephen Jackson was set to be married last Saturday, but cancelled the wedding after his fianceé Imani Showalter refused to sign a prenuptial agreement.

"She was ready to walk the aisle and everything and he stopped it," our TPL spy said. "To make it worse, his family (including mom, aunt and cousins) cheered when the wedding director came out and said there was not going to be a wedding. He spent a nice penny on that too not to get married."

Stephon Marbury, Mike Bibby, Malik Rose and Steve Smith were all there to witness the non-nuptials.

yeah it makes you wonder. I guess he didn't have the nerve to do it until his future (cash) was literally on the line. My guess is he did the right thing as:

1- it was a concern of his

2- she wouldn't sign one, to the point of calling it all off

3- his family cheered

I don't think the world missed out on the greatest wedding ever here, but who knows...

• Admin

What isn't told there is that she agreed to sign the prenup ..on a few conditions that Stephen wouldn't agree to. The biggest one being that she wanted it written in that if he cheats on her, the prenup is null and void. Being a basketball player he naturally couldn't agree to something like that!

Quote:

What isn't told there is that she agreed to sign the prenup ..on a few conditions that Stephen wouldn't agree to. The biggest one being that she wanted it written in that if he cheats on her, the prenup is null and void. Being a basketball player he naturally couldn't agree to something like that!

Wouldn't she has to have some kind of Proof that he cheated

on her?

if he's marrying her for the right reasons...this isn't an issue.

I see your point, and understand to a limited degree...but, well, I guess I hold marriage as something a little more sacred than that...

and there's still something to be said for presenting the pre-nup on the freggin wedding day...