• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would having Salim in our Starting lineup help?

Blunt91

I was thinking that maybe having Salim Stoudamire in the starting lineup with JJ would be better than having Josh Childress in the lineup mainly because of his speed. I can see the Hawks running a lineup like last year's Illinois team where Salim Stoudamire(who has good speed & decent handles) brings the ball up the court and then in the halfcourt set gives up the ball to Joe Johnson to set up the Offense. This is the same scheme that Illinois ran alot of times with Dee Brown & Deron Williams. Stoudamire plays the role of Dee Brown and Joe Johnson plays the role of Deron Williams. I just don't think that neither Childress or Joe Johnson have the speed and handles to handle a trap in the backcourt should the other team play full court defense. I think Tyronn Lue would be better coming off the bench because at least have someone capable of running the offense when Joe is not in there. I think Joe can do a decent job in running the set plays but I think he will struggle when they send traps at him to get the ball out of his hands.

Hawks will substitute a lot this year, I believe, keeping

fresh players on the floor all the time and runnin' and

gunnin' all night.

With almost every Hawk being able to play more than one

position and all of them young and full of energy, we

may see them try to run the other teams into the ground.

I expect a variety of lineups every night. Should make

things very interesting. I'm ready for some action!

GO HAWKS !!!!!

cool.gif

Most NBA teams don't play that way. At best you'll have an 8 maybe a 9 man rotation and that's about it.

NOW, which 8 or 9 players that play can and probably will change for game to game based on match-ups and other variables.

But, you aren't going to see all 12 coming in and out running and gunning...not gonna happen. Not in the NBA...

What will be interesting to see is which of the younger guys gains Woody's trust throughout the year and EARNS more pt because he comes from that Larry Brown school and won't play the youngsters early unless they're able to earn it.

Great way in putting that. I also feel the Hawks will have a good player to put from the 1 through 4 position for 48 minutes

JJ/Lue/Salim

Chillz/Salim/Delk

Smoove/Marvin/Chillz

Al/Smoove/Marvin

Zaza/Batista/Collier

So I see the only position being the center position being our weakest link. Now that can change if Zaza has a breakout year and if Batista really impresses, works hard and does the thing he did in the tournament.

Quote:

I was thinking that maybe having Salim Stoudamire in the starting lineup with JJ would be better than having Josh Childress in the lineup mainly because of his speed. I can see the Hawks running a lineup like last year's Illinois team where Salim Stoudamire(who has good speed & decent handles) brings the ball up the court and then in the halfcourt set gives up the ball to Joe Johnson to set up the Offense. This is the same scheme that Illinois ran alot of times with Dee Brown & Deron Williams. Stoudamire plays the role of Dee Brown and Joe Johnson plays the role of Deron Williams. I just don't think that neither Childress or Joe Johnson have the speed and handles to handle a trap in the backcourt should the other team play full court defense. I think Tyronn Lue would be better coming off the bench because at least have someone capable of running the offense when Joe is not in there. I think Joe can do a decent job in running the set plays but I think he will struggle when they send traps at him to get the ball out of his hands.

As evidenced by his college career and summer league Salim does not have the handles either, so I rather stick with the more talented duo of Chill and JJ. If the Hawks are having a problem bringing the ball up the court versus a press then they would need to bring a true ballhandler into the game. The closest thing on the Hawks roster is Lue.

• Moderators

I don't think Salim should be starting but I think the Salim/JJ backcourt will be deadly when they play together and really spread the floor. You sure can't cheat off of either of them like you could Atlanta's guards last season.