• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dang...

Weez

their offense continues to look inept.

ironically, if Vick wants some pointers, he ought to look to last week's opposing QB...I don't want Vick to stop running, taking away that thread and probably his best attribute...but look @ what McNabb's done...with his game, as a runner...

a medium must be found. and yes, they needed this loss...earlier in the season

The game wasn't lost because Vick was injured, the game was lost because of the team's emotional letdown following the big Monday night win combined with questionable playcalling by Greg Knapp. Why do you keep trying to run the ball against an 8 man front? Why not run some play action, slant patterns, etc.....the offense's inability to get a 1st down tired out the defense in the 1st half because they stayed on the field too long, thats how they gave up 21 points...when the offense moved the ball a bit better in the 2nd half, the defense got a shutout.

first half. The offense failed to capitalize on several big play opportunities and could not sustain a drive. Jenkins HAS to be able to come up with the catch when Vick scrambles and he gets open deep. That could have been the emotional lift the team needed to get it going. Vick has to be more accurate when the running game stalls and the O-Line has to give him time. Right now, we are a team that survives on a solid running game and big plays in the passing game. When we are not running the ball effectively and we don't make those plays in the passing game, we will struggle.

The defense got manhandled across the board. Walter Jones dominated Kerney all day long and with Smith out, that allowed Seattle to double Coleman in the middle all game. Neither Kerney not Coleman were factors at all. Hasselbeck could have made a sandwich before throwing the ball half the time because he was getting NO pressure at all. In addition, when Seattle ran behind Jones and Hutchinson to the left, we simply could not stop them. Williams and Brooking were getting KILLED by Seattle's O-Line whenever Seattle ran wide. Hartwell did a good job when the ran up the middle. The DBs played MUCH better in the 2nd half when Donatell got us out of the cover 2 and started letting them go man to man more. I hope we do that more often as the season goes along.

All in all though, I liked the way we fought back and I am not too disappointed because one, Seattle is tough at home and two, we were coming off an emotional win in a short week. Hopefully, we will regroup and play better at Buffalo but it certainly won't be any easier on the offense. That Buffalo D is TOUGH!

Quote:

I'm starting to like #12. I think he can be a good reciever with work.

yes a lot of work, his hands are awful...he really really sucked yesterday, he dropped 3 balls that were all really big for the falcons, one on the deep ball that probably would have been a touchdown, and then 2 on third down that hit him in the hands, you have to catch those, there is just no excuse for dropping balls like that. If he could catch the falcons probably win that game.

Are you talking about Micheal Jenkins? Well I didn't watch the 2nd half of the game but I saw the 1st 2quarters and in those 2periods it seemed like Vick was the one messing up. He either threw the ball to short to Jenkins or he overthrew the ball to him.

Quote:

first half. The offense failed to capitalize on several big play opportunities and could not sustain a drive. Jenkins HAS to be able to come up with the catch when Vick scrambles and he gets open deep. That could have been the emotional lift the team needed to get it going. Vick has to be more accurate when the running game stalls and the O-Line has to give him time. Right now, we are a team that survives on a solid running game and big plays in the passing game. When we are not running the ball effectively and we don't make those plays in the passing game, we will struggle.

The defense got manhandled across the board. Walter Jones dominated Kerney all day long and with Smith out, that allowed Seattle to double Coleman in the middle all game. Neither Kerney not Coleman were factors at all. Hasselbeck could have made a sandwich before throwing the ball half the time because he was getting NO pressure at all. In addition, when Seattle ran behind Jones and Hutchinson to the left, we simply could not stop them. Williams and Brooking were getting KILLED by Seattle's O-Line whenever Seattle ran wide. Hartwell did a good job when the ran up the middle. The DBs played MUCH better in the 2nd half when Donatell got us out of the cover 2 and started letting them go man to man more. I hope we do that more often as the season goes along.

All in all though, I liked the way we fought back and I am not too disappointed because one, Seattle is tough at home and two, we were coming off an emotional win in a short week. Hopefully, we will regroup and play better at Buffalo but it certainly won't be any easier on the offense. That Buffalo D is TOUGH!

Yup. Walter Jones really owned Kerney... Not that Walter

hasn't owned lots of people. He is a top offensive lineman,

but that's the way it went down. Seattles offensive line

is just too big and strong for Atlanta's defensive line.

Seattle had a real letdown in the 2nd half just like they

do lots of times. Who can forget that game againest the

Rams last year? Atlanta finally started to get it together.

I think the big turnover they finally got in the 4th was

just alittle bit too late.

• Premium Member

Aside from the long TD pass... I say that a couple of those were Vick's fault and you can't really fault Vick either. One is when Vick was in the process of being sacked and He threw the ball in Jenkins' direction. I wanted Jenkins to come down with it but he didn't... However, that ball was thrown high...

I still like the fact that he's 6'4" and fast...

yeah i love the fact that he is tall and fast, but soft hands he doesnt have unfortunately....all that speed and height wont do him much good if he cant catch the ball, but hopefully he will work hard to improve, because the size and speed are things you cant teach, hopefully catching the ball will be something he can learn...i just wish the falcons had another no.1 receiver for the time being while he is working that out...

I havent seen anything from Roddy White that has impressed me either, of course he hasnt had many oppurtunities either, but one of those 2 guys are going to have to step up because while crumpler and finneran can catch the ball, the falcons arent going to be a truly great team until they have a receiver with some serious speed who can help stretch the field