• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks

PhillyDC

I think you guys can win 30-35 games if Salim can play some D. He can get his shot off and if my boy Korver can get 11/game in the NBA then I think Salim can at least do that. Despite what you guys say, Im not sold on Josh Childress and Josh Smith playing together since neither have a J. I think Smith will end up being the better of the two so I would trade Chill for another big or trade Al and start Marv and Chill is the 6th man. I like Chill's game, but it just doesnt mesh with Smith. Chill would be better with a PG that can shoot like Mike Bibby. Joe will handle the point but defend the two and then Salim can defend the point and play the two.

Salim

Joe

Smith

Harrington

Collier/Pachullia

Marv

Lue (how is he still in the league?)

Chilldress (until he gets dealt)

I honestly dont think that isnt a bad team. not as good as my sixers ;-) but not a bad team.

I don't think you watched enough Hawks games to realize the chemistry between Smoove and Chill, PhillyDC. Chill is a better player than Smoove right now, and Chill is also getting better, not as young as Smoove, but Chill would be scary good if he improves his jumpshot. Chill does everything else well, including shoot free throws. Chill also has intangible qualities as a leader and motivator. Chill is a keeper, and so is Smoove.

i think you guys missed that i said i like chill, but he cant shoot and out of the three young guys (chill, smith, marv) he has the least amount of upside and the one i would be most willing to give up to get a big man if i were the hawks. read the entire message people. chill could be like a low budget joe johnson if he works on that shot. he has good handle, as he plays more and adds some strength he'll be better on D, and he is a great rebounder considering his position, but josh smith can be like a smaller ben wallace with better O. out of the two who would you guys keep.

....lue is trash. dont give me any crap about him having rings either b/c there are a lot of bums with rings (beno udrih, mike penberthy, darko). he slows down the O with his over-dribbling. he cant guard anyone. and he has poor shot selection. i understand you guys are hawks fans and have to take up for your team but let's be honest. im honest about kev ollie and mike bradley being bums.

i agree with nique...but listen

Right now i would say there are four backups better than Lue, those players being Bobby Jackson, a healthy troy Hudson,Earl Watson, and Jameer Nelson.

Then youve got guys like delonte west, eric snow, carlos arroyo, anthony johnson, smush parker, speedy claxton, the immortal rick brunson, milt palacio....Lue is a better player than these dudes

Most of those guys you listed are starters. I think he was comparing Lue (he is a backup PG) to other backup PGs. If you are thinking Lue is our starting PG you're mistaken. Joe Johnson is the starting PG. Thats why its pointless to say Chill is expendable, because he is locked in at starting SG. Joe will move to SG when Lue comes in off the bench, and Salim is backup SG, will get very few minutes at PG, same for Delk.

Adding a MAX-PLAYER should give u 10 more wins automatically- especially if ur team sucks as much as the hawks (sorry guys, theres no way to sugercoat it).

SAME TEAM (add 0 more wins) + Joe Johnson (10 more wins) + last years rookie development (5 more wins combined for Smith + Childress) + new rookies and added depth (since some of last year's starters are bench players +2 more wins)

so mathematically

SAME TEAM (13 wins) + Johnson (10 wins) + sophomore years (5 wins) and new depth (2 wins) = 30 wins : realistic approach

assuming everyone is healthy and chemistry improved over the year

overachieve = 30 + wins

underachieve = less than 30 wins

i think we'll get 30. 42 will get us into the playoffs and i dont see us overachieving by +12 wins (thats a lot!).

25 wins will be a disappointing season TO ME.

derek fisher not better than lue at this point, earl boykins backup better than lue, sam cassell starter, nick van exel not better than lue at this point, devin harris not there yet, barbosa not there yet, gary payton not better than Lue at this point, brevin knight slightly better than Lue

I agree Lascar, Devin Harris is going to be a good player. Kind of hard for a rookie PG in Dallas' system. I think Carlos Arroyo got overrated, Sloan's system made him successful in Utah, probably the only place he would be successful, and he was horrible for Detroit last year imo.

Quote:

Adding a MAX-PLAYER should give u 10 more wins automatically- especially if ur team sucks as much as the hawks (sorry guys, theres no way to sugercoat it).

SAME TEAM (add 0 more wins) + Joe Johnson (10 more wins) + last years rookie development (5 more wins combined for Smith + Childress) + new rookies and added depth (since some of last year's starters are bench players +2 more wins)

so mathematically

SAME TEAM (13 wins) + Johnson (10 wins) + sophomore years (5 wins) and new depth (2 wins) = 30 wins : realistic approach

assuming everyone is healthy and chemistry improved over the year

overachieve = 30 + wins

underachieve = less than 30 wins

i think we'll get 30. 42 will get us into the playoffs and i dont see us overachieving by +12 wins (thats a lot!).

25 wins will be a disappointing season TO ME.

Problem is that Joe Johnson isn't a true Max player.