• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Change of Heart!!!!

LastDon

Andrew Bogut said "People expect me to put 20 points and 10 rebouds a game but like I said I'm going to come off the bench as a backup. It's not going to be like it was at Utah." -Green Bay Press Gazette

What happen to this big talk about not backing down from Shaq and having no respect Kobe!!!!

This guys a bum and those comments he made today you would expect to hear from Jon Koncak or Luc Longley!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

um...what context was that taken in? is he not the starter now? does that mean that he's expressing views that are consistent with trying to be a team player?

Of course it was. I don't know why everyone tries to bash the guy for being honest. He said he was the best player in the draft. He said he'd be the best australian ever. He said he respects Kobe as a player but not as a man just like most NBA players. He said he wouldn't back down from playing Shaq. And now he's saying he'll come off the bench. All of those are true statements.

I don't see the problem. Just because he's coming off the bench from day 1 doesn't mean he will forever. Same with Marvin

Bogut is a product of Hype. He played in a weak conference and put up great numbers which didn't give him any merit to mouth off about NBA superstars and at this point I don't think that he will be better that Charlie Villenueva,Marvin Williams, Cris Paul or Deron Williams.

THE BUCKS MADE A BAD PICK AND WILL SUFFER AS A RESULT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

a) even if he is roughly as talented as the other players you mentionned, the fact that he is a center makes him far more valuable.

b) he didn't just do good in the MWC, he did good in the tourney against all kinds of teams (where did paul go?) and he did good in the olympics against players like duncan

c) this argument is really old and tired, give him some time to play

Bogut isn't going to be as bad as a lot want to make out, but he's also not going to live up to being the #1 overall pick, IMO. I think the top for him will be around 16 and 9, which is very good, but not what you would expect long term from a #1 overall pick.

There will be a lot of second guessing in Milwaukee when Marvin Williams takes his game to the next level in a couple of years. Bogut may be solid, but Williams may be special. The Bucks will kick themselves for not taking Williams.

BTW, I remember before the draft saying that it will not surprise me to see Raymond Felton play the best of the rookie point guards. So far, that has been the case. Chris Paul has done nothing but struggle, and even though Felton is playing behind Brevin Knight right now, he's playing great.

Rashad McCants is also showing that he should have been taken higher than he was taken. Danny Granger is also playing well. It will be interesting to see if these guys continue this into the regular season.

Quote:

Bogut isn't going to be as bad as a lot want to make out, but he's also not going to live up to being the #1 overall pick, IMO. I think the top for him will be around 16 and 9, which is very good, but not what you would expect long term from a #1 overall pick.

I never really like statements like that because there should be no expectations that apply to all #1 picks. The only question is should Milwaukee have taken him. You can't expect the same from a #1 in a weak draft than you can in a strong draft. Personally I think at his peak he will be somewhere around 18/10/4 which is pretty awesome considering the state of the center position in the NBA. He could truly be special and get more points and assists, or maybe not, we'll see.

Quote:

There will be a lot of second guessing in Milwaukee when Marvin Williams takes his game to the next level in a couple of years. Bogut may be solid, but Williams may be special. The Bucks will kick themselves for not taking Williams.

That's a distinct possibility. Or not. I think what's clear is that this was a 2 deep draft and both clubs should make out nicely. I think it made too much sense for them to take a franchise type center to put with Ford-Redd-Mason. That's 4 of 5 positions where you love your talent. Marvin would have been a duplication of Mason to some extent, and may even have cost Milwaukee Michael Redd. I don't think they could afford to pass up Bogut

Quote:

BTW, I remember before the draft saying that it will not surprise me to see Raymond Felton play the best of the rookie point guards. So far, that has been the case. Chris Paul has done nothing but struggle, and even though Felton is playing behind Brevin Knight right now, he's playing great.

Well one thing we can agree on is that I also wanted nothing to do with Paul. I think he's been overrated from day 1. You can't go into the NBA with a consistent proven flaw that you struggle against bigger guards that you'll face all day in the NBA, and expect to be a stud. I'm sure he'll be good and all, but no star like he's made out to be. As for Felton, I'm not all that surprised. You can tell he has NBA talent, especially speed. The thing is that he's not a pure point guard in terms of being a distributor. If you can handle that within your offense, he's a gem. I still think Deron will be the best, followed by Felton, with Jack and Paul roughly equal third best.

He's not going to be a good player...he's be in the mold of Christian Laetner or maybe even Gadzuric(the guy he's backing up)...He's non athletic, slow and worst of he...he's running his mouth before he accomplishes a damn thing, which means he's going to have a bullseye on his chest from day one...the not so talented kid is in deep s**t...sorry man hate to burst your bubble.

why dont u give him atleast 1 season, before you PREDICT HIS ENTIRE NBA CAREER?

while ur at it, might as well predict how well the 2011 #1 draft pick will perform in the NBA.

by the way, whats ur definition of a GOOD PLAYER?

id say CHRISTIAN LAETTNER has/had one helluva career. There are SEVERAL MANY Pfs/Cs in this league that would love to have Laettners career.

hes no MVP TIM DUNCAN, but Laettner in his prime was a good starting PF.

Christian Laettner and Gadzuric are completely different players. They both have lighter skin, and they're both about 6'11", so I guess they're similar in that way.

If Bogut has the offensive game of Laettner and still boards 11 a game, he'll be fine given his extra height advantage. That would be an 18 and 11 center. Why would anyone complain about that? He'd be the best center after Shaq.