ZAZA THE GREAT? CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!

Wurider05

I went over to NBA.COM and gathered the folowing stats.

B. Wallace— 10.6 ppg 1 3.6 rpg 2.30 bs 1.60 Stls 2.2 ast

A. Bogut -- 9.5 ppg 9.3 rpg 1.00 bs 1.00 stls 2.5 ast

E. Curry ---14.0 ppg 6.30 rpg 1.00 bs 0.25 stls 0.3 ast

J. Magloire--8.0 ppg 8.50 rpg 1.75 bs 0.42 stls 0.8 ast

Z. Pachulia-13.4 ppg 9.4 rpg .80 bs .80 stls 2.0 ast

For the money that we are paying we are getting major production from ZAZA. Damn sure better production than Eddie Curry who half of you wanted to sign. Plus he shoots free throws better than anyone on this list!! Man did we ever get a steal with this one.

What about a comparison of defense...what have the guys we had a chance against done when playing them...That would be an interesting stat line. I would imagine that other centers have scored less on B.Wallace than Zaza, but I love picking up Zaza. Just curious as to Dalembert/Curry/Magilore/Chandler/Brown how well they've defended other centers.

Zaza actually looked better on D last night. I think he can be an above average defender. Remember he is only 21 and still learning.

However the Hawks hole in the middle is much bigger than 1 person can fill. Harrington is worse on D than Zaza so until we get a legit 4 to play alongside Zaza defense will always be an issue.

Curry is lame and I am so glad he didn't come here. Does anyone really think it is a coincidence that the one year he made any effort at all to get in shape was a contract year?

Chicago really raped NY in that deal. Not only did they get Sweetney, who rebounds better than Curry ever will and can score, but they also got 2 1st rounders from NY. Next year's is unprotected.

Quote:

We are sorely missing a big body other than ZaZa and we should have signed Curry.

Too many of the guys on here are getting things twisted with what the Hawks are in need of inside. We don't just need another big body inside with Zaza. Because if that was the case, we could simply start Edwards + Zaza and have Al start at SF.

What we need is a very athletic PF that can score a little, run well, and blocks plenty of shots and together with Zaza makes a very formidable presence inside. That's all the more reason the Smoove should be our PF of the future. He just needs a a more patient, experience coach who knows how to mold players like Smoove into diamonds. We need someone right now to help us win and be more competitive and even though I hope Al will be resigned, I feel like Bosh, Wilcox, or Ely would fit perfect with Zaza. But with the exception of Bosh (who is the most unlikely) those guys are not as good as Al. So if we could send a good player Childress home to LA for Wilcox and move Al back to SF, we'd be good to go.

I would love an Al for Bosh trade but we may have to add Childress or Delk + a 2nd for Bosh + Alvin. I think both teams could benefit and would have better looks.

WE ALL WANT the Hawks to win and most of us see that a trade would really help us a lot. I'm sure we all feel like the Hawks just need a little bit more to put us over.

• Premium Member

[quote[What we need is a very athletic PF that can score a little, run well, and blocks plenty of shots and together with Zaza makes a very formidable presence inside.

Sounds a bit like Stromile Swift. Sucks he got away for so cheap...

Quote:

That's all the more reason the Smoove should be our PF of the future. He just needs a a more patient, experience coach who knows how to mold players like Smoove into diamonds.

Smith is at least 2 years away from being a full-time starter at PF. The Hawks don't have time to wait on that development IMO.

that Josh Smith is anywhere near ready to be a starter. Sure in 2-3 years he might be starter worthy, but he is FAR from being starter quality right now. He has incredible talent and his jumper is improving, but he is about as dumb as a box of hammers out there on the court. He takes the ball to the hole and either turns it over or jumps towards the rim hoping for a foul it appears because his moves are horrible around the rim unless he is wide open.

ZaZa is a decent C. Probably a better 4 than he is a 5, but an adequate 5. If we had a Curry type player at C that could take up space and was almost unstoppable on the block it would make ZaZa all the better.

I just wish that some of you would get over this Smith dream of ours of wishing that he was starting 4 quality right now ... and please, dont blame the coach for this. Its not his fault that Smith has relied on his athleticism his entire life and still thinks he can get by on strictly that in the pros.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He takes the ball to the hole and either turns it over or jumps towards the rim hoping for a foul it appears because his moves are horrible around the rim unless he is wide open.

He made some laughable move vs. the Clippers...I don't even know what to call it - a jump hook? (It missed...badly).

This team needs a legit 4, so that Harrington can exploit teams at SF.

Thats what I mean. It seems that every game so far this year Josh has tried to "attack" the basket and the ball just kinda goes up in the air. Its like if I was trying to score on an NBA player, thats how it would look. Just plain sad.

I was all hoping that Al could play SF for us and maybe he can once his ankle heals, but he has hurt us a few times this year with his poor dribbling ability out on the perimeter. Doesnt seem to have improved much, if any, over last year ... brings to mind when Antoine stripped him in that game we played against the Celtics that came down to the last few minutes.