• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Memphis

exodus

I am watching on League Pass. Harrington and Childress have sucked. They got benched in the second half and then the Hawks came back. right now they are down 4 with 5 minutes to play.

Josh Smith, Salim, and Marvin are the only guys who have played well. Actually Edwards has had some good minutes too.

JJ and Zaza have been off.

This is terrible. I kept up with the last 3 minutes on espn gamecast. There were 27 seconds left, we took a timeout. We were up by 1. Why did JJ take a shot with 21 seconds left?

It seems like you would want to hold the ball until the last moment of your 24 second shot clock. If you miss Memphis has 3-5 seconds to rebound and get off a shot.

Why do you shoot with 21 seconds still left in that situation? This was coming off a timeout. WTH?

Zaza missed the free throws but Harrington really lost the game. He was awful. He was forcing up bad shots and turning it over. He had as many turnovers as field goals.

At least Zaza still had 12 rebounds, JJ had 12 assists to compensate for their bad shooting. Al didn't do crap.

Why Childress is still starting is beyond me. He contributed nothing. If he and Harrington had sat the game out the Hawks would have won easily.

There was only 6 seconds on the shot clock he had to shoot, it doesn't matter we still were up 1 when Za Za missed a pair of free throws. Not to mention on the game winning basket nobody blocks out Battier and he tips over to Gasol.

Quote:

Why do you shoot with 21 seconds still left in that situation? This was coming off a timeout. WTH?

JJ's 3 pointer is what put them up by one in the first place. I don't remember JJ taking a quick shot at the end. I think Gamecast may have messed up.

I think the shot you are talking about was when he was blocked by Eddie Jones. I think there were only 6 seconds left on the shot clock.

The Hawks didn't take a second time out. He missed both free throws then Memphis took a time out. Like I said even though he missed both free throws, Miller missed his shot. However, no one blocked out Battier who tipped over to Gasol for the game winner. Oh well. This team is bad.

Zaza had a great game - Then, in the end, missed the free

throws that would have won the game. He was 6-6 up until

that time from the line.

Heartbreaker - Again.

Hawks called the last timeout to set everything up. It

just didn't work out.

frown.gif

I went to the game. The crowd really got into it. Hard to believe it was Atlanta, but I kind of wish they would cut out some of the distractions – the cutesy little games. But the game was exciting to watch – except for the last second.

Positives:

Salim, Marvin, and Smoove - All three came off the bench and played well. Once Salim replaced Lue, the team seemed to click. His ball handling seemed better than Lue’s. Marvin might have done better if he got the ball more. A couple of times he was wide open on the arc and nobody wanted to get him the ball. Smoove played like I hoped he would this year. Good job by all three.

Edwards – not great, but we didn’t lose much when he replaced ZaZa. Scored, played defence, and actually blocked a shot.

Negatives:

Joe Johnson had some numbers but didn’t look like a franchise player. His shooting was not that good. A solid game but I expected more.

Al – Did not have a good game. I was surprised they had him in the game at the end. Smoove was playing well.

Zaza – seemed out of control. He was very active and charging to the basket, but frequently seemed off balance. At the end of the game when he got fouled, I said “at least he can shoot free throws.” Then he miss both in the clutch.

Chill – was very disappointing. I am a big fan of his but he seemed completely out of the game. Didn’t play much and didn’t deserve to.

Tyronn Lue – I am not sure what is wrong, but whenever he came out the team played better. He seemed to slow down the game. I’d start Salim over him.

For now, I would start: Salim, JJ, Marvin, Al or Smoove, and Zaza. I don’t know why Woody keeps starting Lue and Chill.