• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's top 10 players in the History of Basketba

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Kareem Abdul Jabber. During his yrs, Kareem was unstoppable. He didn't need the help of the refs, he was just dominant on all sides of the ball. Problem was that he was so soft spoken, People rarely give him his due credit.

2. Micheal Jordan. The Best 2 gaurd to ever lace them up. He reinvinted himself about 3 times... From a dunkster, to a Post UP SG, to a 3pt threat.

3. Wilt "the Big Dipper" Chamberlain. Dominant! The prototype to Shaq (only better). Wilt did do it all and was the most Dominant player to ever play.

4. Bill Russell. If we were counting Championships, he would be first. Russell was a great student of the game. He wasn't as physically gifted as Chamberlain but he was SMART. He also had HEART. More Heart than a lot of the guys we see now.

5. Hakeem Olajuawan. Really, he was DA MAN. For a stint, he dominated both sides of the ball. Defensively, he'd block your shot, offensively he'd give you the "dream shake" and make you look bad.

6. Shaq. The Big Aristotle is the man. Strong. However, I'd like to see him in a league where he's not the only Ultrabig man.

7. Magic Johnson. Magic was simply amazing. Leadership. Ability. He did it all for his teams. He could play anywhere you put him. He was not afraid to take the game winner.

7. Larry Bird. Wherever there's a Magic, there's a Bird. This guy was a great player. When I watched him, I had to say... Damn that guy can play that game. He wasn't defensively dominant but he did enough.

9. Oscar Robinson. Has anybody ever averaged a triple double for a season since the Big O? That speaks volumes of how good he was.

10. Karl Malone. Just the other day, I was thinking of all the PFs to ever play the game who was the best? Barkley...NO. Hayes...NO. KG....No. Duncan...Hmm. HOwever, Karl Malone comes to mind. Solid offense. Solid defense. Longevity. There's no part of his game that is not good. I'm sure he has averaged about 23/10 for about 13-14 yrs. He never won it all but he tried.

• Premium Member

well, I felt that the guys on the list would be in most people's top 10. You're right debateable is who do you put first. I listed Wilt behind Kareem because Kareem actually gave an older Wilt a lot of trouble. Young Kareem was a true monster with fundamental skills and the UNSTOPPABLE Hook shot. Kareem could have scored everytime down if he wanted. I don't think anybody else in basketball History could be considered UNSTOPPABLE. However, Wilt is close. Scoring 100 points is amazing... Regaurdless of who you're playing.

1)Michael Jordan-It's not just about his stats.The

intangables that he still even brings to the game

today.He really wasn't that good of a 3pt shooter

but he could run/postup/rebound/pass/score/defense

(The biggest underrated part of his game)and also

HE DIDN'T HAVE TO COUNT ON ATHELETIC ABILITY

ALONE TO DO WHAT HE WANTED.This is how MJ's

will be effective longer than a Vince Carter and it

is also how Kobe Bryant will play at a higher level

for more years than Carter will.

2)Wilt-Way before my time so I'm not going to lie

any act as if I know everything but by stats I would

have to give him second.Also it is a little hunch of

who I think is probably better between he and Kareem.

3)Kareem-As I have gone around on boards it doesn't

seem Kareem gets the respect of the MJ's/Wilt/Magic

and other guys.All the years in the league and all the

numbers how can this guy not be called a top 3?I only

got to saw him after he became a role player at the

very end of his career but some guys you just realize

they were great.

4)Bill Russell-The guy is so one that I would love to

sit down with and here him speak about his old play

ing days.He's great to listen to.Again it's hard for

me to talk about seeing guys I never saw play but

you just know he was great.

5)Hakeem Olajuwon-One of the best defensive

centers to ever play the game.His moves and

his rebounding and he could get steals aswell.From

1988-1996 the only player I'd take before him

would be Michael Jordan.That's it.I used to wonder

what was going through peoples minds when they

tried to defend him.How do you stop his moves?Did

you see what Hakeem done to Nazr this year?Boy

Nazr would really be in trouble with Hakeem in his

prime.On top of this he is a very respectable person.

6)Magic Johnson-I once made a arguement that

Stockton is better.However it's really unfair since

I never saw Magic from 1979-1988.He just makes

things happen.Sometimes you can't explain it,he

was a decent scorer in which he never seems to

get credit for.Could play any 5 positions and it

makes you wonder who KG/Walker/Kidd were

fans of when they was younger.The passing was

unbelievable.Some people knock him cause he

doesn't have a 23-25PPG career average but their

is more to basketball than scoring.

7)Larry Bird-He and Magic made the game possible

for the likes of Kevin Garnett/Lamar Odom/Scottie

Pippen/Jason Kidd/Tonie Walker and others.He once

made this aweshot from behind the backboard.Un-

believeable.He could pass/rebound and score of

course and he didn't have to pull off showboat

moves to get his greatness.That needs to be

realized aswell.Flashy guys like Nique/Pistol

Pete/MJ made a good part of their names off

of flash Bird didn't have to do this.

8)Oscar Robinson-I agree with everything Diesel

said.Average a triple double?i honestly couldn't

couldn't see it happing ever again.Kidd ran just

a few boards shy a few years ago,but even if he

did it wouldn't be the same.

9)Shaq-The destroyer for all current NBA teams.

27/11/4 are awesome numbers and makes all

other centers feel out maned.I honestly couldn't

think of trying to defend him.If he was better

on defense he would be higher.He could be a

great defensive player but is abit to lazy.

10)Dr J-I would love to have seen this guy in

his prime.I've saw highlights of him and the

way he dunk the ball with one hands it's hard

to explain.We've saw other guys try to do it

(at this years allstar game)and it just isn't the

same.The grace and dunks is something I would

love to have been apart of in the 70's-mid 80's.

• Premium Member

Jordan #1?

I had some problems putting Jordan as #2. The problem is that the eras was different. Put a guy with Russell's talent and determination and Smarts into this game now and Russell would probably dominate. Russell was Blocking Shots with ferrociousness before they started Counting Blocks. However, I think he might have averaged about 4 bpg as a C. In this game, he'd probably be a PF. He'd probably be the best PF in the game.... Thats considering KG, Duncan, and Malone.

Jordan is the best SG ever, but if I were choosing my team, Young Kareem goes 1st. Young Kareem was DOMINANT. They outlawed the Dunk and he perfected the Skyhook. Many people today only remember Old Kareem who played with Magic. But lets go back to Milwaukee. That Kareem was probably the best ever. HE did it on offense, defense, and everywher else.

It's all about time. I guess in time, people will try to argue that Kobe is Better than Jordan was?? When the truth is Kobe vs. Jordan in Jordan's prime... Jordan sends Kobe away like he did: Ron Harper, Harold Minor, and even Nique!

You got to remember Diesel I wasn't born

in the 70's.MJ was a pretty good destroyer

as one year he averaged what?36PPG 8RPG

8APG?Pretty good numbers there.

Harold Miner???Ole baby Jordan himself??HHAHA

the league sent this guy away really quickly.

• Admin

wtf are you on? If you remove bird then you also remove Magic, it's as simple as that. Is magic a top 10 player? If not, then I would agree that you could remove bird. Otherwise there is no debate. You can't call him a sissy baller, he wasn't soft, he scored plenty, rebounded great, did every little thing you could think of. Oh and he also has the rings to back it up.

I never said Bird was sorry he is my #50 all time player but I dont think he was top 10. Does that mean I think he was sorry. NOOO!! I just dont ride his nuts into the sunset.

PS. Bird had some sissyball tendencies but I think it was do to his lack of atheletic grace more so than a lack of heart. I stress sissyball tendencies , that doesn't mean Sissyballer, it just means he has some bad habits.

"I never said Bird was sorry he is my #50 all time player"

- hold up man... we need to get some facts straight. it seems to me like ur trying to ATTACK me every chance u get. I never said U THINK HE SUCKS as a player... in fact, i didnt even reply under ur post.

if u think Bird is a top 50 player and not top 10, thats fine... its ur opinion. If u think Mike Bibby is the best PG ever to play in the NBA, thats fine too... cuz u have the rite to have ur own BHD OPINION.

dont get all defensive on me when i didnt even do anything to u man...

-peace

My bad I wasn't really directing the post to you. I usually have 80 post calling me racist if I dont call Bird the second coming of Jesus. So I was just clarifing my stance on him.

When have I ever said mike Bibby was anything more than a decent point. I dont really think much of him. He is okay. I heard he is tring to get a show on BET and star in a movie other than that he seems like a dime a dozen NBA player.

• Premium Member

Bird may not have been pretty, but the outcome is that Bird was a strong competitive Winner. I hated Boston, but I respected Bird. He did what was neccessary... ANd the joker could shoot. Definitely top 10. I may have to rethink Oscar R. He was not graceful either. He was embarrasingly right handed. Never seen him go left ever... BUT he got it done. Same goes for Bird. Bird may have registered 1 dunk in his career. He may have played Mediocre defense. However I didn't want to see Bird come out for the fourth quarter. He would kill teams.