• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN's Mitch Lawrence Ranks The Coaches

Traceman

I know America is a Great place to be black. Racism is a figment of my imagination. Why cant you people just get over it . Yeah yeah. Like I said I am a man I never asked anyone for any sympathy I dont need or want it . In fact it disgust me when I am offered the condesending hand. I am stating facts period. If you disagree be a man and state why. I have always respected your opinions and would like to hear them.

Walter: I can understand why you feel like Lowe, Evans and Johnson aren't top 15. Notice Chaney and Wilkens arent in my top 15. Cartwright is top 15. Anyway what do you know. Do you work for the league. Have you ever been a pro athelete or coach or even College. Anybody can make it at WCU maybe you played there. You sir are an Athelete an Gentleman and a WCU Scholar. Hats off to you.

Diesel again when you avoid trades you are one of the most intelligent people on the site.

" The truth takes time not words" - Cynthia McKinney

• Premium Member

For me, this is not about race, this is about ABILITY.

LOWE has no reason to be called good or even average.

BUT, Cartwright is considered favorable because he took a losing team and made them double their output. They are still bad, but they are very young and an arguement can be made that they played well considering that they started 2 rookies and 1 Second yr player. The good thing about Cartwright is that he's laying the groundwork with Teaching. This yr it will be interesting to hear about the Bulls. They will have had a chance to go through Camp with Cartwright.

Nate is top 15. I don't even think that deserves much argument. He took a weak Seattle team and had those guys playing at a High level.

Cheeks is top 15. Regaurdless of how you want to rank it. By record, he's top 15, by ability he's top 15... And here's why. He was able to get 11 guys...all with Ability to coexist. Unlike our buddy Lon Kruger, Cheeks was able to tell vet players what role they will have on his team. That's very important. So you don't see a fight at PG, Cheeks made it clear that Stoudamire was his point. You don't see a fight at Sg, he made it clear that anderson was his starter. He killed the Davis/Kemp fued. This yr, I think it will be much easier for Cheeks to do work being that he has gotten rid of a few of the egos that he had to work with.

The N.B.A has some great black coaches. They also have

some great white coaches. Many of these coaches are

former N.B.A. players, who were pretty good players

before they became coaches. Others became coaches

despite the fact they didn't have the great athletic ability

to become N.B.A. stars.

All of us are race concieous, otherwise we wouldn't even

notice whether the coach was black or white, but we all

do. That is what this thread is all about. We noticed.

Check out most N.B.A. teams and you will find that the

majority of them have many more black players than

white players. Example: The starting five of the Hawks

does not have a white player. We noticed this.

Yet, check out the fans who come to the games and

support the N.B.A. You will find that there are many

who are not black, despite the fact that the players are.

Most fans care more about their team winning than

about the color of the players or the color of the

coaches. Owners of the teams will not put their team's

chances of having a winning season second to race of

either the players or coaches.

Race is going to be there. We can't change that fact.

We will all notice the color of a person's skin. Then we

will notice their ability to preform their job. Ability will

be what we ultimately will make our judgement about

whether they are any good at their job or not, whether

they are players or coaches. Cream will always rise to

the top. {Country boys know this} Race has nothing to

do with one's ability.

Gray Mule

...not in your top 15 was Chaney.

I have no idea what your "what do you know" chest thumping was designed to accomplish regarding this subject. I know in your paradigm white players and coaches are at a SEVERE disadvantage.

W

• 1 month later...