• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jay Williams?

Packfill

I agree...the Hawks have been really hurt by one position so far this year and that's the guard play. With the exception of JJ who plays 39 mins per and Salim who actually comes off the bench, the Hawks Guards have been terrible. D Smith and Ivey are not ready for the NBA at all. Both need to take their game overseas where they would fit in with the talent level. Childress so far have not lived up to the hype and who knows when Delk will be back (after a few games he would back on the DL). J Williams (if healthly) would be an upgrade.

Quote:

we'd take him

but he said he wanted to go to a contender

To me, that smacks of arrogance. The brat made an idiotic decision and should be thankful that ANYONE would give him a shot. To hope to play for a contender? Sheesh.

Quote:

Quote:

we'd take him

To me, that smacks of arrogance. The brat made an idiotic decision and should be thankful that ANYONE would give him a shot. To hope to play for a contender? Sheesh.

Yeah, how arrogant of him to want to go somewhere where he could win. Boy that takes alot of nerve to want to be on a winner, when you are a FA and can sign anywhere.

Me, personally, I want the FA who's looking to go to a sh|tty team just to collect the biggest paycheck. Thats the type of player I admire.

Quote:

Quote:

we'd take him

As a follow up, he should be thankful the Bulls agreed to pay his contract. What he doesn't need to be thankful for is the opportunity to sign with another club. If a club signs him it will be because he worked his ass off and rehabbed from a devastating injury to come back and play again. He doesn't owe anybody but the Bulls at this point

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

we'd take him

Yeah, how arrogant of him to want to go somewhere where he could win. Boy that takes alot of nerve to want to be on a winner, when you are a FA and can sign anywhere.

Me, personally, I want the FA who's looking to go to a sh|tty team just to collect the biggest paycheck. Thats the type of player I admire.

I didn't say anything about paychecks. Take your sarcasm elsewhere.

Jay Williams should be thankful for anyone to take a chance on him. He should say so. Some humility should be in order, after [censored] over the Bulls like he did.

Or how about a player with the BRAVERY to want to turn a losing situation around? As opposed to the cowardice most players display wanting to go to a team that's already poised to win the championship. This is a quality absolutely lacking in sports (with obvious exceptions.)

• Premium Member

Nobody said that he should want the biggest paycheck.

The point that was made was that he should be happy to play anywhere in the league. There are 100s of thousands of guys who would eat [censored] to play in the nba and this arrogant joker has the nerve to be picky??

you may be a bulls fan, but notice from a former Hawk (Demarr Johnson).. When you mess up your future, be thankful for a second chance.

Jay Williams may just be like another Dukie... and never play professionally again.

Jay's Agent said right before the preseason it would be around January or February before he is 100%healthy. Miami & the raptors were the last to have interest but moved on after they found out he wasn't ready. On a sidenote note I remember Jay William's parents saying right before he was drafted that they hope he wouldn't end up on a bad team like the Hawks. We were a 34win team at that time.

He may want to sign with a contender, but no contender - or any other team in the NBA really - can offer him the opportunity that the Hawks can: A legitimate chance to be a starting point guard this season.

What other team is as berefted of talent at the point guard position as the Hawks?

Quote:

Jay's Agent said right before the preseason it would be around January or February before he is 100%healthy. Miami & the raptors were the last to have interest but moved on after they found out he wasn't ready. On a sidenote note I remember Jay William's parents saying right before he was drafted that they hope he wouldn't end up on a bad team like the Hawks. We were a 34win team at that time.

man, if they called out the hawks by name like that, he can take his kellen-winslow-idiot-self elsewhere and kiss my a$$. typical arrogance of a duke grad because as we all know, duke sucks.

but if they didn't say those words, he was a hell of a PG before his injury and could do wonders with jj, salim, marvin, etc. playing alongside.

Quote:

Quote:

man, if they called out the hawks by name like that, he can take his kellen-winslow-idiot-self elsewhere and kiss my a$$. typical arrogance of a duke grad because as we all know, duke sucks.

but if they didn't say those words, he was a hell of a PG before his injury and could do wonders with jj, salim, marvin, etc. playing alongside.

What do you mean typical arrogance of a Duke grad? Their B-Ball players? Are Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Loul Deng and Shane Battier arrogant? They seem like ideal teammates to me.

Or is it their grads as a whole?

If we can get him to try out, why not? No downside to it. He HAD talent and maybe still does. We need a PG. He needs a chance to play. Sounds like a good opportunity. Is there anywhere where he would have a better chance to play?

- Forget all the past words. Besides we all know how stuff is taken out of context by the media.

yeti