Iverson is what is wrong with todays NBA.He

has help bring in all this one on one crap that

has nearly sealed the fate of the NBA.While

he gets numbers 1 in Jersey sales that isn't

saying much these days.

Kobe is younger,scores nearly as much without

the ball being feed to him every time down court

to do it...He has a more consisant shot,he's a better

rebounder and Kobe is not a undersized SG.

Not to mention that while Iverson burns out in a

couple of years Kobe will be going strong .Iverson

and is somewhat like Nique and Kobe is CLOSER

to MJ.While Iverson is the scorer and might be the

best one on one player Kobe will rackup the rings

and be a triple double threat while being a effective

player longer.Iverson speed to blow by people as

a undersized SG will not last more than a couple

more years.

Iverson is a good junkball player which is bad for

a mamas boy.Some people call him a thug,but at

heart he is the sweet little mamas boy like Vince

Carter.

Actually it's more of how the NBA has got

in bad shape since 1996..

Haterade my f***in a**.Look at how bad of

shape the league is in.You don't believe me

go look how the USA team their a** whipped.

Iverson is the most responsable for the decline

in the NBA as we speak.Iverson is a junk ball

player.You try and get him to REAL basketball

and he can't get the job done.This is why they

had to rid of anybody else that is more than a

14PPG scorer.

1996...The year the NBA went downhill.

hes not responsible for all the downfall in the NBA...

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND how u feel and why u feel that way, but blaming iverson 100% isint the rite way to approach it.

PROBLEMS

1)AND1 mixtap video... lol: if it wasnt for this video collection, u would see more ballers working on their layups/conditioning/shots than dribbles/one-on-one play

2)the BAD BOYS- include iverson if u want in this list. But remember RODMAN? Too STIFF to play! talk about a professional basketball player! I understand that the players are playing the game they love, but they do have to take this game as a JOB-like approach as well... they are getting paid to play basketball when they dont even feel like it, and as professionals THEY SHOULD PLAY when they dont feel like it (if they arent injured of course).

3)talent is decreasing. Remember the older drafts? Take the older drafts and compare to the newer drafts... u cant even compare the list.

4)Sport vs Entertainment... if this business was all about the SPORT, i would have Duncan on my team. If this business was about entertainment, i would rather have Iverson on my team. Iverson sells more tickets!

those are some of the problems of the NBA... 1 AM, give me a break... lol

• Premium Member

The true problem of why Basketball is the way that it is is David Stern... Not Allen Iverson.

Stern changed the game from being a sport to being entertainment. Just look at it. After the Dr J. , Stern needed to get behind a new star.

It started with Bird. But Bird was to Bland, to Indiana... So he brought in Magic. The Magic vs. Bird was probably the most heated rivalry ever. It was good for TV. Made you pick a side.

Then came Jordan.

Then came Shaq.

Stern has always did what he needed to do to get what he wanted. Stern is like you, the last person he wanted to see prosper was Iverson. That's why he didn't give Iverson Star treatment in the finals. Remember. Lue hanging off of him. Stern didn't want Iverson to win because Iverson is everything that Stern Hates. Instead, he let Shaq drop the should on Deke as often as he wanted. He let Lue Mugg Iverson as much as possible. The Refs in the NBA has always been the tool of D. Stern. Stern has admitted to havig a policy of "protecting the stars". That's why Jordan, Bird, Magic, Shaq, and Kobe has been the receipients of the touch foul. That's why a star will always get a call over a rookie or a journeyman.

How has that led to the downfall of basketball?

These Stars get star treatment by the NBA, then they play in a tourney where stars are not protected and where stars are not treated differently... And they get their asses handed to them.

What Basketball needs is a level playing ground. One where the refs will call travelling on MJ. One where Pat Ewing will get called for Walking everytime he takes 3 steps through the lane. One where Rasheed Wallace would get a warning about looking at the refs before getting tossed out of a WCF game for looking. Or better yet one where there is not a quick technical whistle for Rasheed but a different whistle for everyone else.

The game has become entertainment. We need it to be a Sport.

I don't think it's his character that is the

problem because like I said he is just a

mama boy just like Vince Carter...However

his game has helped destroy the league.

Yes David Stern is to fault.What he has done

the last 7 years mostly is screw the league

up.David Stern is a thug and only cares about

himself.I hate the guy with a passion and just

looking at him makes me sick.Can't wait to the

day he retires.

Hotlanta - While I understand and respect your feelings about Stern, I think you've got to give him a little bit of credit. He's a lot better than the other commisioners out there...Selig and Tags to be specific. The salary cap/ situation in general is fantastic - other leagues need to pay attention (esp. baseball) to how that part of the Assoc. is run...it's by far the best.

The conspiract theory stuff is simply losing steam at this point. That's not to say that some things that happen aren't questionable, but all in all, I truly think that the NBA is the best run pro sport.

- sport to entertainment. I'm not saying good or bad, but the NFL has started flounting personalities and adding an entertainment aspect to their adds and general aura - and are now the most popular of the pro sports. Right or wrong, a spade's a spade.

As to someone's comments about the draft these days...Stern can't do anything about that. If you really want to point fingers, it was KG leaving HS and blossoming into a superstar that set the tone for others to follow. There's now way that Stern can tell teams, "don't draft that HS phenom, he's proven exactly squat. Instead, draft so and so, he's played three years of college ball and is ready to make an impact now..."

The only way that trend's going to change is for guys like Jay Williams, Dunleavy, even Butler, to come into the league and make an immediate impact, while "potential" picks like Diop and Kwame flounder around like a fish outta water.