• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not that Chad Ford is credible, but . . .

Packfill

Quote:

Babcock had all but said that he woud have picked Battier if the trade haven't come along.. So stop crying for Gasol.

I don't recall Pete stating whom he would have picked. In fact, I remember someone asking him on Ask The Gm about that and his direct words were "That's a interesting question I am suprised no one else hasn't asked me that question, but it wouldn't be prudent to say whom we would have picked."

• Moderators

Quote:

Lastly, the dagger to the Heart was Toni/1st for Big Dog... I think Toni gave us the most continuity with JT and when we traded him, we also traded an important first. That did it. That pick could have been Amare Stoudamire, Wilcox, Butler, or Ely.

I think that did us in.

Wrong bad Babcock trade. The potential Amare Stoudamire pick was the second first rounder we traded for Lorezen Wright (it was used by the Clips to select Wilcox).

The pick we sent for Big Dog was the lottery selection Milwaukee used to draft TJ Ford.

• Premium Member

The blueprint.

You must have a good rebounding defensive Center.

You must have a PG who can distribute.

You must have a SG who can shoot from outside.

A great team to have put Reef on was this:

Mookie, Smitty, Reef, Laettner, and Deke...

Now.. a great team to put Reef on is NJ...

Kidd, Vince, RJ, Reef, Jackson.

That team can do a lot of damage because Reef can carry and Vince can carry but neither has all the pressure.

Another team today that would kill with Reef is Houston:

Yao, Reef, Tmac, Head, Wesley...

Scary team there.

Put Al on any of the teams you listed and they would be just as good as they would be with Reef on them. At any rate, you are basically saying that Reef needs at least 2 (maybe 3) All Stars around him (Deke/Smitty/Mookie, Kidd/Vince/RJ, T Mac/Yao) for him to be successful. Hell, I could do pretty good beside those guys!

• Premium Member

No... That's Babcock's thinking.

Not 2 stars, two of the right type of players...

A Big C because Reef was 6'9 235 trying to play PF...

And a 2 guard that can shoot from outside because Reef is more of an inside threat so he needed an outside threat.

We tried to give SAR, Big dog, and Theo.

The problem is that Theo was just as Small as reef and shot blocking is not neccessarily good defense.

Also. Big Dog was a scorer who wouldn't pass.