• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not that Chad Ford is credible, but . . .

Packfill

His recent blog about draft prospects is a little depressing. The point guards are not playing up to expectations and there are not many bigs, if any. The Italian dude sounds more like a Dirk type forward, not a defensive brut like the Hawks need. Splitter may or may not be a big time prospect, and even if he is it is not guaranteed that he will be available this year because of the buyout issue.

All of the college big men sound like question marks or developmental projects.

I just hope the Hawks aren't getting painted into a corner.

Marcus Williams is playing well even though he isn't healthy and Shelden Williams is having a big year on the best team.

Aside from Marcus the rest of the pgs don't look good though.

However I am sure other teams will be hot to get someone like Morrison or Gay so at the least it will give the Hawks a good trade opportunity.

• Premium Member

Sheldon Williams IMO is getting overlooked just like Elton Brand did when he was at Duke. I'mn not suggesting that he will be like Elton but Sheldon shows up for every game and produces. He has a large wing span. I would like to see him in a Hawks uniform, because we have next to nothing in big men. ZaZa is a joke IMO, he couldn't guard the front door.

Until we acquire big defensive player this team will go nowhere.

That is what i was thinking but i just didnt say it lol.

Williams isn't as talented as Brand offensively but I don't see why williams can't get 10 boards and 2.5 blocks like Brand does. And Sheldon can certainly score in double figures although i don't see him ever averaging more than 15ppg.

• Premium Member

I not saying that Sheldon is the number 1 pick, but he is on a #1 team and plays against teams every night and rises to a level above most of the players he plays against. I'm not sure Aldridge is a better player only taller .

Quote:

... because we have next to nothing in big men. ZaZa is a joke IMO, he couldn't guard the front door.

Until we acquire big defensive player this team will go nowhere.

I think Zaza will look a lot better as the #2 interior defender rather than the #1 interior defender. He's overmatched a lot now because we don't have that big defensive player you speak of.

Quote:

I not saying that Sheldon is the number 1 pick, but he is on a #1 team and plays against teams every night and rises to a level above most of the players he plays against. I'm not sure Aldridge is a better player only taller .

Agreed. I would worry if Sheldon measures out less then 6'8", but he certaintly plays the game in a way that would unquestionably help the Hawks.

If Lemarcus Aldrige comes out this year and if Andrea Bargagni shows potential to be the next Dirk more than the next Marty A. you can bet Billy Knight will draft 1 of the two with the #1 or #2pick. Billy will go with potential with the lottery pick. If neither of these guys declare for the draft then Billy will look to move the draft pick. I could see us trading down. If a team isn't willing to give up 2picks this year we could get 1 this year and the other in 2007. BTW Andrea wouldn't be asked to come in and be the next Dirk Nowitzki. They wouldn't put that kind of pressure on him.

Quote:

If Lemarcus Aldrige comes out this year and if Andrea Bargagni shows potential to be the next Dirk more than the next Marty A.

Speaking of Martynas, do you know what his stats are this season? 1 minute played, no stats... lol

I know it's old news but josh_smith_fan was so damn sure he was going to dominate the league. grin.gif

• Premium Member

Shareef was a guaranteed 19-20/9-10 player.

We just didn't have the right blueprint to win with his skills set.

First of all, I would have never traded the draft pick to the Pacers.. If you remember is was our pick for Vancouver's Late pick and Reef for Lo, BK.

Babcock had all but said that he woud have picked Battier if the trade haven't come along.. So stop crying for Gasol.

Secondly, Babcock messed up by trading the pick to Indy for.......?? We could have had either Tinsley (whom we picked) or Tony Parker. We should have taken one of those PGs.

Also, I think we stayed too long with JT.

We should have never gone through so many partners looking for a match in JT.

Lastly, the dagger to the Heart was Toni/1st for Big Dog... I think Toni gave us the most continuity with JT and when we traded him, we also traded an important first. That did it. That pick could have been Amare Stoudamire, Wilcox, Butler, or Ely.

I think that did us in.