• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Low for Hawks Fans

DJlaysitup

If you can't beat em - blind em!...(hopefully this won't happen again)...

Fan's Laser Light Doesn't Distract LeBron

By GEORGE HENRY

Thursday, January 26, 2006

LeBron James didn't appreciate a fan's attempt to disrupt his concentration with a laser pointer. So he took out his frustration on the bumbling Atlanta Hawks.

"Those things can damage your eyes something bad," James said. "I was standing at the foul line in the fourth quarter when the ref noticed a red dot near my forehead. That's pretty serious."

That being said, did anyone notice the complete lack of emotion/energy in the stands? I thought that people would be excited with Lebron in the house, and they showed several celebrities in the crowd like Nelly and Ludicrous.

I can't think of a moment where it got loud or the crowd got into it.

i don't see how this is funny. i think it's pathetic and embarrassing. it's one thing to yell and scream and wave things to distract a player. but a laser pointer on your face is not something you can just "drown out" while you're at the FT line. and i don't think this happens to every team at every game or it wouldn't have been on sportscenter or espn.com.

Quote:

i don't see how this is funny. i think it's pathetic and embarrassing. it's one thing to yell and scream and wave things to distract a player. but a laser pointer on your face is not something you can just "drown out" while you're at the FT line. and i don't think this happens to every team at every game or it wouldn't have been on sportscenter or espn.com.

Do people have short memories? This type of thing used to be commonplace a few years ago when laser pointers were all the rage with the kids. They have even made SNL skits about it. It was an isolated incident.

And if that is as low as it can get for Hawk fans, that's a good thing. Imagine how Detroit fans must feel.

This kind of stuff has happen a lot. I am talking about after 9/11. Nobody ever bother to make a big deal out of it. I guess since King Clutchless complain about it. Now everyone is getting bent out of shape about it. I thought it was a bad thing to see awhile ago. I brought it up in those chats at Espn and msg boards. Noone seem to give a damn.

Quote:

I think this has a lot to do with Lebron James being the "target." If the target was Chris Kaman nobody would be talking about it.

The first "target" was Donyell Marshall. Nobody seemed to care.