• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Let's see...

Chris Bosh... Check.

Charlie V.... Check.

Graham... Check.

Had he not picked Arajuo?? Maybe he'd still be there.

Still...

I wish Wayne Embry Good fortune. I kinda saw this coming miles away..

Billy Knight sucks as bad as Babcock. Why won't the Atlanta Spirit clean house with Billy and Woody? Two lousy, incompetant peas in a pod?

Woody should have been out of here last month. Check that...he never should have been hired. The Hawks are a freaking joke at the coach, GM, and ownership level. Hey, ATL Spirit...look at the Raptors...that is what owners who care do about incompetant employees. They get rid of them.

• Premium Member

Ok.

I guess this goes with your other suggestions like Paul is a bad pick and Felton is the best guard drafted and Marvin is better than Micheal Jordan.

Granger is a good player but undersized. He can't play the four and he's not exactly a 3.

Charlie V. can play 4 positions.

Which is the better player:

Player 1

PPG 5.8

RPG 4.0

APG .9

SPG .76

BPG .71

FG% .427

FT% .786

3P% .310

MPG 20.3

Player 2

PPG 11.7

RPG 5.1

APG .8

SPG .79

BPG .71

FG% .478

FT% .659

3P% .295

MPG 24.2

Player 3

PPG 6.6

RPG 4.3

APG .7

SPG .60

BPG .30

FG% .438

FT% .734

3P% .344

MPG 22.2

Player 4

PPG 6.0

RPG 6.1

APG .9

SPG .39

BPG .65

FG% .463

FT% .507

3P% .000

MPG 26.0

Player 5

PPG 6.7

RPG 3.1

APG .5

SPG .18

BPG .36

FG% .593

FT% .792

3P% .000

MPG 15.0

What losses was he directly responsible for?

Because I haven't seen them.

I've seen at least 6 that the officials were directly responsible for, which is far more than the number of losses bad coaching has gotten this team.

You know, I hope that Mike Woodson does get fired just to prove a point to some of you. That point is this. The Hawks are losing due to inexperience, not bad coaching. Let's hire Paul Silas. That way, we can all criticize him for winning no more than Mike has won at the end of the season, and then we can talk about getting rid of him and getting yet another coach.

only you could defend the guy... lol

the man traded vince for nothing, drafted araujo as a #8, drafted villanueva waaay too high (not to mention same position as bosh), used his high second rounder on a guy who won't even come play, just to mention a few.

The only move that he made that is pretty good is trading alston for james, and he got real lucky there. Graham is an ok pick

He completely failed to get any players back for Vince, and has been unable to move Rose.

The guy is a joke

the guy only lasted this long because he inherited bosh

If he was our GM, you would have created about 200 threads about how bad the araujo pick is and that it's outrageous for him to keep his job. I mean I think BK's main mistake is taking Chill over Iggy (time will tell the Marvin/Paul story). Babcock took ARAUJO over Iguodala, Luke Jackson, Biedrins, Telfair, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson. I'll take any of those over araujo, and everyone and their mom knew they should have taken Iggy. People thought he should go at 6.

what a joke

Kb, your posts regarding BK and Woodson are usually crazy but your comment about where Babcock picked Villanueva is one of the most ignorant things that you have ever said. And that is saying plenty.

On draft night ALL of the "experts" said that Babcock reached badly with his pick. Turns out, Charlie V. can play and then some. Danny Granger? So, because the "experts" said Granger was better, Babcock should have taken Granger? Hey, the experts said Gerald Green should have been the pick for the Raps. Green is tearing it up!

Here is the simple truth...the experts were wrong about Villanueva. DEAD WRONG. He ended up being a much better choice than Green, Granger, and even Marvin (right now).

You must be a relative of Billy Knight because your posts make about as much sense as most of BK's draft picks.

I've heard all of this before. When was it? Oh, yeah. It was when Terry Stotts was coaching the Hawks. The same sh!t was said about him that is being said about Woody today.

It will be no different for the next coach unless said coach produces the immediate results that delusional fans want.

I guess some of you think that the surest way to success is to play musical chairs with the coaches.

I never wanted Terry Stotts gone, just like at this point I don't believe Woody should be fired. The point of my post was Stotts should have never been fired in the first place. I understand this team is actually in year 2 of rebuilding, but that doesn't excuse mistakes I see being made by Billy Knight.I hated the Boris Diaw pick, I hated the Josh Childress pick, and I hated the Marvin Williams pick. I like certain things about their games, but I felt all along that there were better players available with those choices. Namely Howard, Deng, and Paul.

Quote:

Like I said. There's a Babcock available. Maybe you will get your wish, because a Babcock is the only GM that would have taken Chris Paul over Marvin Williams.

You think? I believe Billy Knight is the only GM with a roster full of guys between 6'7"/6'9", who needed a point guard, that would draft Marvin Williams over Paul.

I think it is reasonable to expect patience on the part of the few Hawks fans that are out there, but it is not reasonable to accept that the team is getting out coached and out huscled on a nightly basis.

Realistically, the team is very young and no one should have expected them to even sniff the playoffs this year. But 30 or so wins is nor unrealistic, and right now, that is not looking good.

When should we expect results? Next year? I think if they aren't at least close to .500 next year there needs to be a major house cleaning. Problem is, to get to that point, they are going to have to hire a decent coach in the off-season.