• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's make a deal...

Diesel

Quote:

I don't look forward to BK trying to draft Rudy Gay...

So how about this trade:

Josh Smith/1st to Toronto for Chris Bosh/2nd rounder.

Better catch the Toronto GM on a bender for that trade to happen.

hahaha, another laughable trade. You aren't getting Chris Bosh for that. He is one of the top 3 young big men stars of the future.

Also laughable to act like BK wants Rudy Gay. He has said his focus is on big men, and Gay's stock is as low as ever right now anyway. If you wanted your lie to sound more plausible you should go with adam morrison next time

No one will be getting Chris Bosh.

This is the reason Rob Babcock was fired. Chris Bosh has a great relationship with Sam Mitchell, and Pete was pushing the Raptors ownership to fire Sam Mitchell as the head coach. The two were butting heads often. When Toronto fired Rob Babcock, it sent the signal that they are willing to stick with Sam Mitchell as the head coach, and they want to milk every avenue they can to make Chris Bosh happy.

Now, it wouldn't surprise me to see them use Sam Mitchell to get Chris Bosh to sign a long term extension this summer, but that's beyond the point. The fact is, Toronto has every intention of locking up Chris Bosh long term.

You are insane in your quest to try and devalue the true stars from this years rookie class ... first Paul and now Charlie V who is proving all of the doubters wrong (including me). Not only would delk get Villanueva, I dont even think Josh Smith would (not that I would trade Smith for him).

I know that Bosh and Mitchell have a good relationship but he is not dumb enough to sign a longterm deal with Toronto SOLELY because of Mitchell. There is no guarantee that Mitchell is going to be there beyond even this year. When TOR does hire their new GM, it is likely that GM will want approval of the team's coach and that coach may or may not be Mitchell.

For Toronto to keep Bosh, even if they keep Mitchell, I think they are going to have to max him out AND show that they have a solid plan to get better players around him. Keeping Mitchell around IN ADDITION to those things MIGHT get him to stay in Toronto. No doubt he will command a max deal on the open market and the income taxes in the US are significantly lower than the income taxes in Canada. Also, I think his endorsement potential would be FAR higher if he were in the US. If he played for NY right now, they would be saying he was as good as KG and Duncan.

I don't know if Smoove and a #1 would be enough to get Bosh even if he said that he was leaving. Other teams would likely throw HUGE offers to Toronto for him as well. But really, if we end up with the number one overall pick, would an Aldridge/Smoove or Morrison/Smoove pick be something Toronto would consider? I think they would have to consider such an offer if they knew Bosh was going to leave at some point anyway.

That said, you're right. Until Bosh says he is likely leaving, they won't be entertaining any trades for him.