• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CNN Si Report

TAdams_1

• Admin

probably because we don't need late picks and a busted big man that hasn't yet been. We need fully functional big men and more experienced players. I think the rumor is that BK wanted Miller and Nene and they wouldn't do that (they offered nene/watson). But that's just a rumor.

For some reason, I was thinking Denver had multiple 1st round picks this year and that's what they were offering. When's the soonest Nene can resume basketball activities? Would he be ready at all before the season's end? Might give us or any other potential suitors a chance to look at his recovery.

Quote:

For some reason, I was thinking Denver had multiple 1st round picks this year and that's what they were offering. When's the soonest Nene can resume basketball activities? Would he be ready at all before the season's end? Might give us or any other potential suitors a chance to look at his recovery.

I don't know, but if he was on my team I'd basically want him to take it as easy as possible this year to ensure a full recovery for next year

• Premium Member

Quote:

I still think the BK turned down the deal for job security purposes.

You trade away one of your only assets for an injury risk and two draft picks that won't materialize until 2 and 4 years later. He could easily have been fired by the time any of those players get drafted.

That's my take as well. He doesn't have four more years in Atlanta to turn out a contender...

Even the Hawk's ownership has to take into consideration that time is an issue.

Currency is more valuable today than 4 years from now. I would be surprised if the BK turned down Nene and 2 first round picks in 2006 and 2007.

Without Al he doesn't have enough of a team to wait 4 years.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Without Al he doesn't have enough of a team to wait 4 years.

I don't know what you mean by this statement! Unless you are saying that as Al goes so do the Hawks. If you are saying that then you are wrong today and certainly will be wrong tomorrow especially when our young player start to mature as basketball players. You are now seeing evidence that Al is actually becoming a liability at times particularly when his shot is off.

I would trade Al for a serviceable cheap player and 2 future draft picks before the deadline. Don't get me wrong, I am not an Al hater but I don't see him as being in the Hawk's future

All I'm saying is that BK doesn't want to risk trading Al for things that won't materialize for several years. Personally, I think it would be a good move to trade Al for Nene and 2 first round picks. If I'm worried about job security that changes my perspective though.

Also, I'm not sure what other kinds of offers BK has been offered or expects. Perhaps he can get more.