• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word from the D.A. AI is on the blocks?

Diesel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if we got AI for an Al package, we would still have JJ who is better than anyone not named AI for the sixers.

AI

JJ

Marvin

Smoove

Zaza

is a playoff team IMO. The only weak link on D is zaza, and AI and JJ alone have enough offense to carry a team.

I mean we agree that AI is not the answer, but he would make us significantly better in the short run

What do you mean? Getting AI only consitiutes one older guy. Remember Phoenix was nothing until they added Steve Nash, who is 32. I don't want to be the Bulls and wait for 4 or 5 kids to grow and get good together..they still haven't gotten it right yet. You need youth with veterans...if we got A.I. and drafted a decent big man....

AI/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Donta Smith

Smoove/Shelden Williams

Zaza/David Andersen

That team is better than any team in the East not named the Pistons or the Heat.

• Premium Member

Quote:

AI/Ivey

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Donta Smith

Smoove/Shelden Williams

Zaza/David Andersen

That team is better than any team in the East not named the Pistons or the Heat.

How is this supporting cast better than philly's supporting cast? We got no allstars nor do we have a single player in the rookie/sophmore game.

trade AI to the hawks and do not get Joe Johnson back i will cry. really. that suggested trade is a joke for us. the hawks should do it in a heartbeat if offered. i would be crushed just like i was when we dealt chuck barkley for hornaceck and those two bums. that trade sucks for the sixers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

trade AI to the hawks and do not get Joe Johnson back i will cry. really. that suggested trade is a joke for us. the hawks should do it in a heartbeat if offered. i would be crushed just like i was when we dealt chuck barkley for hornaceck and those two bums. that trade sucks for the sixers.

Didn't the Hawks beat your sixers with AI? I thought so!

We all know that the all star games is all marketing and politics..which is why Yao Ming started after missing half the season, and it is the reason why Sheed was on the team and Dwight Howard wasn't.

But to address your question it is the way they would work together.

JJ and AI would be the best backcourt in the NBA. Bar none.

JJ would be the best teammate that AI has ever had..including Webber.

Marvin will have a better all round game than Iggy.

Webber is better than Josh, but Josh has better knees and can run with AI

Zaza is not as good as Dalembert but is improving in every aspect everyday.

I haven't looked at the money closely so my lineup assumes that we couldn't afford another free agent but, I could be wrong about that. Maybe we could add a Kelvin Cato or another defensive big.

Quote:

I wouldn't blame you. But if my Hawks trade JJ and get back AI, I'll cry too. I don't think AI is enough to build around and to short change rebuilding to win 40 games for a year or two is just not worth it. I really wouldn't trade for a player of his age and contract unless it was overwhelmingly in our favor.

i agree with you 100% gonna be hard to trade a ~6' scoring combo guard who is 30+. I wouldnt trade joe johnson for him if i was the hawks. i like some of the hawks players (not josh childress or tyronn lue) and i want to see ya'll team do well. i hope you guys can trade Al for a nice PG (maybe watson, and someone). dont see why everyone is beating up the hawks for taking marvin. he will be better than CP3 in the long run. just need to make couple of more moves (PG, big man or 2) and develop some O for josh smith and you guys will be good.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How is this supporting cast better than philly's supporting cast

Webber and Dalembert are both halfcourt players. If we got AI, it's obvious that our game would be run and gun. That's why we can beat them now... We change the tempo to run and gun and run them...

• Moderators

I would pull the trigger on an Al for AI trade. I'd take the risk with him falling apart given his toughness and high level of play. It would make us relevant again and bring some $$ into the coffers to fuel resigning our young guys later. Marvin would adapt just fine to a starting role with AI, IMO. JJ would be the guy who would have the toughest time. AI running the break with Josh Smith would be a boon for the young forward. Zaza would be able to up his offensive rebounding numbers as well.

I'm not a huge AI fan but we would get such a windfall from that trade on the court and in the frontoffice that I'd definitely take the risk and do it.

AI would ruin Smith if we retained JJ...and trading Smith won't work (no one would pair him with Iggy in my estimation).

I love the trade/idea (yes, even with the inherent risk of taking on AI), but I simply don't know what we could offer them:

Lue, Harrington, JSmith, Delk...works. But would Philly actually do that with an aging Webber (it'd mean realization that they're rebuilding to a degree).

Two slam dunk champions (yes, I'm saying Iggy won this past one, as he truly did) is not enough for the fans in Philly...

Here's another tidbit taken from ESPN:

"And perhaps the juiciest nugget, literally and figuratively, comes from my ESPN The Magazine colleague Ric Bucher.

I wrote Friday in our blog from All-Star Weekend that the Sixers, if not actively shopping Allen Iverson, were indeed exploring their Iverson options before the deadline.

Bucher took it a (big) step further on Tuesday night's NBA Coast to Coast on ESPN2 when he reported that the Nuggets tried to acquire Iverson with a package built around Nene and Watson (and presumably including draft picks as well). The Sixers briefly considered it, Buch says, before declining."