F*CK BILLY KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

ok; keep living in your dream world that the 2004 AAU Celtics could beat the hawks, even when i took away jj/al/marvin/slim/lue/delk

as to your original statement, jj/chill/marvin/al/zaza would crush louis/javaris/smith/howard/morris

but even ivey/chill/donta/batman/zaza would easily win >60% of the time

u can't compare hs teams to nba teams

Quote:

lol

ok; keep living in your dream world that the 2004 AAU Celtics could beat the hawks, even when i took away jj/al/marvin/slim/lue/delk

as to your original statement, jj/chill/marvin/al/zaza would crush louis/javaris/smith/howard/morris

but even ivey/chill/donta/batman/zaza would easily win >60% of the time

u can't compare hs teams to nba teams

He is just pissed of like most of the HAwk fans

he'll be back

Quote:

he'll be back

No doubt, and that wouldn't bother me, I just want to see how long it takes for him to admit that he can't walk away from the squawk

The Hawks are far too infuriating, and the people posting on this board are far too infuriating, to just walk away from this place.

Johnny ain't going anywhere.

My last official post...Please let it be Deja Vu

Grizzlies fire GM Billy Knight

April 20, 2002

MEMPHIS, Tennessee (Ticker) -- The Memphis Grizzlies fired general manager Billy Knight on Friday after back-to-back 23-59 seasons.

Knight, the GM of the Grizzlies for the past two years, had one year left on his contract. But Memphis finished with the league's third-worst record this season after Knight orchestrated a series of moves to overhaul the roster.

He sent the franchise's all-time leading scorer, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, to the Atlanta Hawks for a draft pick that became Pau Gasol, and swapped point guards with the Sacramento Kings, dealing Mike Bibby for Jason Williams.

Before joining the Grizzlies, Knight spent 14 years with the Indiana Pacers, the last three as vice president of basketball operations.

Memphis did not name a replacement for Knight, but there is speculation that the Grizzlies will talk with Los Angeles Lakers consultant Jerry West about joining the organization.

we can beat the aau celtics..we HAVE beat the Boston Celtics.

i also wanted to trade Al Harrington but because i feel that BK has done a really good job so far, i'll trust him

i'm still amazed people blame BK for drafting Marvin Williams over Paul when probably every GM and their mother would have done the same...hindsight is 2020...hindsight is 2020...hindsight is 2020...hindsight is 2020...

I agree. Billy has to give us SOME hope. Now we may get nothing for Al - - maybe he thinks someone will be stupid enough to trade us something for Al when they don't need to. Kind of like what he did with JJ (why didn't he just give him the offer first and see what Phoenix would do?).

What the hockeypuck is going on? I'm glad BK doesn't do stupid things - but I wish he'd do something. At this rate Smoove and Marvin will move on (or retire) before the team is put together.

Oh well - - next subject: does BK want Gay or Morrison? Maybe Morrison can play point.

I'm disappointed in the organization. At this point, it would not surprise me one bit to see us go out and draft Rudy Gay and Hassan Adams, then make a splash in free agency by giving Al a 6 yr 70 million dollar contract.

Realisically, I'm sure they have a plan, I just feel frustrated because I think BK holds Al in higher regard (talent wise) than any other GM in the league. I think this is because he drafted him and feels an obligation to prove Al was a good pick. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Al hater. I think he's a decent offensive player. I personally feel he's best suited to be a 6th man because I don't think he has the consistancy or the knees to be a 35 mpg starter.

In my opinion, Al wasn't moved for one of two reasons.

1. BK's asking price for Al was too high.

or

2. The teams that were offering wanted us to take back players who had a number of years & lots of money left to pay out on their contract.

I would tend to think it was #1.

I have heard over and over from the BK devotees that the plan is to stockpile talent regardless of position because you can always trade some of that talent to fill needs later..We are seeing the plan just doesn't work..In order to fill needs through trades you have to have another team that desires what you have in excess and has extra players that we need..That is not easy, that is why you don't always draft simply based on projections, you also have to factor in what you team needs are..So far, after all the "stockpiling" of talent, we have exactly 2 postions filled longterm..JJ is our 2, Marvin will be our 3, and the 1, 4, and 5 are either being filled with guys that should be backups, or guys that are being forced to play out of position..

"the plan just doesnt work"

what was our record last year..

what is our record so far this year..

has the amount of winning percentage increased or decrease as this season has progressed...

i'm not sure i can possibly see how anyone could make a judgement call that BK's "plan" isn't working. am i the only one that didn't think we were going to be the top team in the Eastern conference THIS YEAR? people are bashing this man left and right, yet the Hawks are getting better with every game

could it possibly be that BK may actually know more about his job than those who work in jobs that have nothing to do with basketball?

sure MY OPINION was to trade Al, but i'm not making judgement calls on the entire skill level of the GM because he disagrees.

at least had a set of tangible blueprints off of which they proceeded. Billy has told us not one thing about what his supposed "vision" of the team is. All we see is that he likes tweener forwards. How many DECADES is this "rebuilding" process going to take?

Since no Al trade was made, I guess Billy has shown us that he really likes a team consisting of 6'7" - 6'9" forwards. I look forward to next year's draft when we get yet another small or tweener forward.

there is a big difference between not having a blueprint, and not sharing it with the fans. We all know that BK is horrible at PR, not his thing. Criticism on that front is fair. But he is doing a good job.

As far as how long the plan is, they adressed that at the meeting the other night actually, I suppose I'll share. Ownership said that when they took over and gave BK the green light to rebuild, they told BK they were ok with a 5 year rebuilding plan, but that the 5 years started the previous year, when BK got the job for a full season (even though he hadn't been allowed to rebuild at that point). So year 1 is 03-04, year 5 is 07-08. We are in year 3, and I feel confident that next year will see us push for the playoffs, and year 5 will see us do very well (+playoffs for sure).

That is not infinite rebuilding. It is not his fault that Babcock was inept before he took over.