• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boxscore

Their bigs did a nice job of D on ours - check out the shooting percentages for Nazr and SAR. Theo had a nice game (3 blocks) in very limited minutes, hopefully his timing will continue to come around. Additionally, Robinson's 9 boards sure looks nice...(as does our total number of shots).

Since we're getting close to the start of the season, it looks like Lon is starting to play the starters more and getting the rotations set. I won't be surprised to see the boxscores look a lot like this for the rest of the preseason as far as minutes go.

When Big Dog and JT are scoring like that, Dion probably will be getting a lot of time on the bench because we don't need his offense as much as we need Ira's D.

Great to see JT bust Tinsley's a%$ AGAIN!

While Theo's Blocks were great to see (3) in his limited 21 minutes, how much more do y'all think he's going to play come the start of the season (Nazr played 24 I believe, boarding well, shooting poorly)? Is he going to be in the higher 20's?

• Admin

early on especially though. With Theo still finding his stride, I think they'll go to Nazr quite a bit early on. I say he earned it though. He showed last season that he can play in this league and having backing up someone like Theo is going to help him even more. I think he'll get 20+mpg regardless of what Theo does. They'll find ways to get him in the game.

• Admin

Nazr is one of the best 2-3 backup centers in the league. I am comfortable having him play 25 minutes and Theo playing 25 if means we keep Theo healthy. We have a lot of versility in our lineup and I think Lon should really take advantage of it.

We can throw a lot of different looks at teams and keep everyone fresh.

He's been playing pretty well this pre-season, looking like he's got some hunger/ form back...

should Nazr back up Reef at times? Are there times when Hendu should be a bu center? Should Hendu and Nazr ever be on the floor together?

Just some questions I thought I'd throw out there.

• Premium Member

SAR and Nazr's FG% tells me that Indy concentrated their defense in the middle. This preseason game shows us the good point about the trade. With possible focus on the post, Big Dog breaks out with good shooting... 12/18. Whereas we only had JT for this purpose last yr, Now having the BIg Dog out there will mean that teams can't stop everything. Indy can celebrate their post defense. But we can celebrate our other offense stepping up.

One of the things I remember Lon mentioning quiet some

time ago was the difference in coaching for him in the

N.B.A. was the lack of practice time after the season

started. So much travel and not enough time for it.

Theo hasn't played since the change in rules on defense

beginning last season, the 3 second rule in the lane.

Also, his timing on defense is still rusty as we see by the

number of P.F.'s that he picks up. This should change,

the more he plays.

Nazr should get a lot of playing time at center, especially

early in the season because of Theo's being out for so

long and his foul troubles. If we can keep his playing

time down until the 4th quarter, Theo can come in and

make the difference in the outcome of the game.

Also, the press will be shocked, but Big Dawg plays

defense and grabs rebounds!! A good passer too!

Gray Mule