• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do we.....

Popeye

allways loose against these bad or mediocre teams and beat the good teams?????

This was another one of those games that showed we need a solid big man i mean freaking Gadzuric was playing like Shaq inside damn!!!!4_9_7.gif

Yes we were strugling against the press but still it was just bad passing

Billy said it good we need a big man more than a point guard whether you like it or not!

was the fact the this was the 4th game in 5 nights. Generally that will be a loss even for the best teams.

Defensively I thought the Hawks actually played on of their better games. However they didn't take care of the defensive glass. The Bucks got 17 offensive rebounds which is a joke.

When they switched to a zone the Hawks had to make jumpers. They took a lot of shots they would ordinarily make. However tired legs make it tough to hit jumpers.

The announcers said the Hawks are still last in the league in pts in the paint defense and also last in the league in giving up second chance points.

I don't doubt that we were feeling a little ragged playing our fourth game in five days, but Milwaukee was also playing its fourth game in five days, and they were on the road and on a four game losing streak.

So in the past week and a half we've beaten the Lakers in LA and the Pacers in Indianapolis, and lost to Seattle and Milwaukee at home. Why do these things happen? Partly because we are a very young team, and partly because we do have weaknesses as we all know. We are not a good defensive team, we lack a point guard, and we lack interior presence. IMO those things need to be priority one this offseason and draft.

• Premium Member

1. Defensive rebounds. Gadz owned us on the boards.

2. Settling for Jump shots. We got to a point where we stopped taking the game inside and we settled for Jumpers.

3. Most importantly... Lack of a point Gaurd. They pressed and forced many turnovers.

• Admin

most of those ORB's were late in the game as well. To me we just looked tired as the game got on. THey changed what htey were doing defensively and we just didn't have the legs to adjust. THey picked up their intensity on offense and we didn't have the legs to match it.

THe fist 20 minutes of the game might have been the most cohesive, well arounded offense/defense effort I have seen out of these guys this season. But we just didn't have the batteries.

Why? They should have been tired too..They were on the road and also playing the 2nd game of a back to back..What I saw was Stotts outcoaching Woody bably in teh 2nd half..Stotts made adjustments and Woody didn't..

On a different note, is it just me or does Stotts have alot more hair now than he did when he coached the Hawks?...HRS..

I was at the game and I agree completely. Stotts started to pressure full court and then switch to a 2-3 zone in the halfcourt. We could not move the ball against the press and could not run a play against the zone. Woody did appear clueless and is still a poor game time decision maker.

Kudos to Batman. He is our best post defender against post offense. Magloire got very angry at Batman because of his physical play and his inability to get post position against Batman. Batman easily roots post players out of position with his leg strength. He deserves more minutes and could be a valuable bench player with more PT. The guy is also fun to watch.

When they went zone (which was the primary reason we started settling for jumpers), we couldn't find a way to attack it other than shooting over it. That may have worked fine with a healthy T Lue and/or Salim available to help spread the floor but JJ looked fatigued after his great game the night before and no one else seemed to be able to make a perimter shot. I thought we needed for someone, ANYONE, to attack the hoop in order to force the D to react to the penetration. In the last 6 minutes of the game, Marvin is the only one I remember even trying to get to the basket.

Yeah I agree. Once Stotts started pressing the game changed quickly!!

What made me mad was that they would beat the press down court by passing over it and then they would pull the ball out to setup a half court play allowing the defense to get setup in 2 - 3 zone.

Basketball 101, when a team presses, you pass over the press and you SHOULD have easy layups if you attack the basket with quick passing. The numbers should always be in the offenses favor. You can make teams pay dearly if you attack the basket consistently when they press. It will bring them out of that press so quickly it wouldn't be funny.

Woody didn't adjust him gameplan!!

• Moderators

Quote:

I have been waiting for Ivey to get an opportunity to show what he can do. The last two games with Lue and Salim out he had his chance and didn't look good.

I think he has shown what he can do at this point. He plays solid D and puts in some quality minutes at PG but can be out of his league at times. In other words, he is a quintessential bench player and could contribute in that role. If we had a real PG to start and had Salim and Ivey coming off the bench that would give us a lot of different looks and be a productive rotation, IMO. Of course, if we got someone like Rondo then we don't really need Ivey anymore.