• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Offseason Draft plan.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Atlanta should trade it's #1/Lue to Utah for Deron Williams/Robert Whaley/Utah's #1...

It's basically going to be Morrison for Boone in my eyes.

Here's why we should do it.

Utah seems like it can get along without Robert Whaley and Utah's fans would be so geeked to get Morrison.

We don't have the need for another swingman, although, I think he would be a great pickup... However, I still believe that Deron Williams is the truth and what we will need in the future.

I also like Robert Whaley. He has good size and if we can work with his attitude, he'd be a good prospect at C. Plus Boone. I think Boone is a good defensive PF/C. Not great because all he does is rebound, block shots.. But he has a lot of potential.

This is the trade for us.

• Premium Member

That's my thought exactly.

I think Morrison has value to just about every team in the league... Moreover, this is not the 70s when there were no scouts. People in the east know about Morrison.

Hell, Bogut is in Milwaukee.

I would do it, but no way in hell utah does. They like deron, even though he has come along slowly as most rookies do under sloan.

Deron was a #3 pick. Let's say that they get a #14 pick this year and we get a #4 pick for instance. Why would they trade a #3 and a #14 for a #4? Doesn't make any sense, especially given that the #3 is from a better draft. Deron is the PG for their future

I would do it though

• Premium Member

With Harpring going into free agency...

I think they would gladly take Morrison. It's the equilvalent of getting Bogut for Utah.

Hell, Utah can play Milt Palacio/Mcleod at the PG and have success. However, the chance to get Morrison would definitely make them consider this trade.

• Premium Member

He's a real live PG. He plays good defense. In the long run, he will be one of the leaders of the PG pack.

Moreover, I think he's better for us than anything after Aldridge. Especially if we can get Boone or Williams...

IMO Morrison will represent the best fit for a team that either doesn't value defense much at all, or a team that's already very strong defensively and so wouldn't be hurt much by having a subpar defender.

He is extremely intriguing to me personally. Part of me would love to have him because of the very strong skills he already possesses and the undeniable positives to his game, but I think the larger part of me looks at his defense and says, no thanks.

Whether we get him or not though, it will be fascinating to see how he does in the NBA.