• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Passed on Jim Jackson!!

d2v16DKG

I didn't even know Jim Jackson was available. You mean he was available and the Hawks didn't even try to sign him? Especially in view of our injuries at the guard position, I think we could have used some help from Jackson who's an excellent shot and ball-handler. Instead our response is recall Donta Smith who has never impressed me! Am I alone with this puzzled look or does anyone else out there agree we missed an opportunity?

jj plays 40mpg and chill plays 30mpg...we've also got slim as well who is getting some minutes

where would jim jackson play and whose mins would he take?

and if jim is not gonna be able to help us get to contention in a few years, then what's the point in bringing him in? jim jackson isn't needed here for the same reason delk wasn't

Quote:

What happened with Jimmy in Phoenix?

The fact is that Jackson has gotten pretty useless. He didn't really do anything of note in Phoenix...and if you can't make it there, you are struggling. Signing Jackson would be worthless for this team.

What does surprise me is that nobody has signed Latrell for a Playoff run. Spurs could almost definitely use his defense, as could the Mavs. He must be a real nut job.

Remember when Jim Jackson was traded by Houston to New Orleans? Well, he didn't want to waste his time on the Hornets, and never showed up. There is no way he would have come here.

But that is beside the point. I mean, there is no reason the Hawks would sign him.

But what about Slava Medvedenko? He's 6-foot-10 and is white and bad at playing basketball. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

Quote:

Jackson is the least of our needs right now.

We have several 2's and 3's... What we need is some 1's, 4's, and especially 5's.

Agreed...much as I hate to say it, I don't think we currently have a starting "5" that can really get us anywhere. Zaza and Batman are interesting players but I can't see either of them having the physical presence we need if we are going to run JS, MW, and JC as our forward rortation (and even if we keep Al there). As far as Zaza playing some 4, I don't know, whaddaya all think?

Jackson is old and will not be playing in the league for long. Every guy we bring in now needs to be here for long term development of this young team.

We don't need old veterans that are looking to retire soon. We don't need any veteran over 30.

I actually completely disagree on that point. We need a veteran or two in the worst way, and we better get some for next year. It's not good to just have young guns learning on their own. You need vets to show them the way and lead by example in practice, even if you don't plan on playing them much.

This thread reminds me of johnny bravo threads

I agree we need a couple of veterans..If we can't find the long term solution at the point thsi summer I wouldn't mind someone like Cassell or Payton for a couple of years..Firey veterans tthan know how to win..Maybe we have progressed far enough that players like them or similar will give us a look.