• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK BK..I just built you a playoff team...Read it!!

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Ok fine both of you all are some contradictory MFers. So drop it. The point is that doing a SNT with Denver is genius.

Would you try to use your brain just one time?

If they could afford to take on a contract that size then they would just go ahead and resign Nene. They can't sign and trade for Al for the same reason they can't resign Nene. They can't afford to. They have to resign Melo and they already have Camby, Miller and Martin making big money.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this one. What if they just don't want to resign Nene? What if they don't want to take a chance on a player who is recovering from injury and is still trying to prove himself in the NBA?

But I will say this. We could use a strategy of offering Nene a contract, dare Denver to match, and then hope that Chitown wants Al more and go after him instead...or offer them a sign and trade.

Right now Denvers payroll is at $45 million. Resigning Melo will put them over the cap and they will have to pay the luxury tax. And you expect them to absorb another big contract on top of that?

Denver isn't NY. They can't afford that.

They basically have no choice but to let Nene go. if Atlanta wants him all they have to do is outbid Chicago, Toronto or whatever. Denver isn't in the picture.

How about this for a playoff team?

1. Trade Donta + 2nd to NOK for JR Smith (disgruntled highflyer with a decent 3PT shooting touch) because neither one is playing a lot where they are

2. Trade Lue to DAL in a S/T for JT at 5yr - $42M+ - Lue gives them a veteran backup PG/ (makes room for Salim to get the backup PG mins)

3. Sign/Trade Al to NY for Frye + M. Taylor (salary comp to get NY to give us Frye for Al)

4. Draft best available athletic big - [Alridge (if he enters)/ Splitter/ Bardnani/ Sheldon W./ Tyrus T.]

5. Resign Ivey to 2yr - $3M+ (For chemistry, stable ballhandling, and his defensive intensity which should all increase more along with playmaking in his 3rd year)

NEW LINEUP:

C - Zaza / D.Anderson / J-Edwards

PF - Frye / [Drafted Big] / Batista

SF - Smoove / Marvin

SG - JJ / Chillz / JR Smith

PG - JT / Salim / Ivey

If we don't make the playoffs with a team like this, then it's official............WE"RE CURSED!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

If they could afford to take on a contract that size then they would just go ahead and resign Nene.

So in other words, you agree 100% with what I told Lascar... You just want to find something to say that I'm wrong..

I would think your contradiction is right here exodus. Your contradiction is that you worship me but you hate me...

I love that!

• Premium Member

Listen up Luefan.

I said, it's likely that Denver will match MOST deals. NOT all deals. Moreover, as the deals, go over 10 million, I believe Denver is less likely to match (as I said previously).

I think the only contradiction is that you're Diesel's #1 fan.. and you hate to admit it.

Quote:

I would think your contradiction is right here exodus. Your contradiction is that you worship me but you hate me...

Not that you were talking to me, but I think it's safe to say that I worship you unabashedly.

Nice try.

The key word is IF.

First you say that they are desparate to trade Nene because they can't afford to resign him. Then today you say that they will most likely match. You can't be right both times.

The fact is that you were right the first time. They can't afford to resign Nene. If they could afford to do it they would. They can't and that is why they were shopping him so aggressively.

However I have figured out what you are up to. You take one side of an issue and then later you take the other side. Then several months later you can claim that you were right no matter what happens.

• Premium Member

Why would we SnT Al for just Nene? We already turned down an Al for Watson/Nene/2 1st trade before the deadline?

And please don't just say that BK did not want Watson. He could have been dealt again just like when we got Rasheed.

BK is looking for a bigger and better SnT (or maybe even to keep Al) this offseason.

• Premium Member

Quote:

First you say that they are desparate to trade Nene because they can't afford to resign him. Then today you say that they will most likely match. You can't be right both times.

I was right the first time because before the deadline, they did want to trade him for something of value. The reason, they can't afford to go into a price war over Nene.

I am right today because the trade deadline has passed. Denver had to have decided to set a limit at which they will match on Nene. THIS IS THE "MOST DEALS" that I spoke of. They still fear a price war with Atlanta and Chicago that exceeds 10 million.. BUt remember, they offered Nene a deal close to 10 million before the season started (before he got hurt) last season. So they have some monies that they are willing to spend on him. The point is this... With the deadline passed, the situation changed. Now, they have to do what they can to get something for their free agent. LUCKILY, it's just Atlanta and Chicago. MOST other deals will be less than 10 million. Moroever, With Al on the market and both Atlanta and Chicago being interested in Al, it may become a one team war. Denver is in the same place that Phoenix was in last year. As we now know, Phoenix was willing to match for JJ....

Quote:

The problem is that Denver can't justify matching a deal that Nene' gets

That is your direct quote. You were talking about this summer, since nobody was going to sign him before the summer. It doesn't matter whether the comment was made before or after the deadline because it was a comment ABOUT RESIGNING NENE IN THE SUMMER.

That situation hasn't changed because of the trade deadline. It is what it is.

And don't worry about us forgetting about the fact that Nene is restricted. However you may want to write it down so you can remember it.

• Premium Member

I like how you try to spin.. but look at what I said again:

Quote:

as a rFA, Nene will get some offers from Chicago and Atlanta.

Both teams are able to put a dent in Denver's pocket for Nene.

The problem is that Denver can't justify matching a deal that Nene' gets. Nene' hasn't proved anything. He's been kinda sorry with that "P" word hanging around his neck. It's likely that Atlanta or Chicago will pull out the 10 million dollar gun and take their shot at Nene. I doubt Denver matches..

This is what I said.

Mind you, when I said "The problem is that Denver can't justify matching a deal that Nene' gets." I was talking about a 10+ million dollar deal from Atlanta or Chicago (BTW, these type of deals fall away from the most deals that Denver would match that I spoke of earlier). (Hence the reference to the 10 million dollar gun mentioned above)... From a talent Standpoint that still remains true. Denver can go above the cap to get Nene. But they must justify spending that kind of money (10 million dollars).

Moreover, the situation has changed because of the deadline. If they could've dealt him for something suitable at the deadline they would have. Now... They have to face a possible price war for him. They won't just let him walk because Seattle offers him a 7 million dollar deal. They will match. But if we come along with 11 Million dollars, they will fold (more than Likely)...

Quote:

...BK is looking for a bigger and better SnT (or maybe even to keep Al) this offseason.

I'm thinking maybe the "keep Al" option might be the best. It calls last year's draft into some doubt, but Al is really our only inside player with offensive moves to speak of. Were we to snt Al for a big or PG we would likely be even more perimeter oriented next year than we are this year (albeit possibly some better defensively).

If we keep Al one of JC/JS/MW basically are expendable for the best offer.

Even if this isn't BK's master plan, sometimes one has to adapt. As a famous general once said "few battle plans survive the first few minutes of actual combat".

Let's put it another way.

No matter what happens with Nene you will be able to say you were right. If he signs an $8 million dollar/yr deal and Denver lets him walk you can say "i knew they couldn't afford to keep him". If he gets a $10 million/yr offer and Denver matches you can say "see i told you they would match."

Quote:

1st Don't resign Lue. Nothing against him but we need his salary spot.

2nd Draft Bargnani (1st) J.P. Batista (2nd) This will provide us with the beef up front that we need to compete with the Shaq's and Wallaces of the conference.

3rd Sign and Trade Harrington for Nene - They both will be looking for salary in the 8-10 million dollar range. Picking up Nene would arguably give us the deepest youngest front line in the league with Marvin, Smoove, Nene, Zaza, Pargnani, and the Batista Bros.

4th sign Mike James- This is why you let go of Lue. I believe that he is finally come into his own ala Chauncey Billups. Toronto is sure to fight for him but by clearing salary by dumping Lue and Delk, and Edwards we are sure to beat them out if we offer 6-7 million. Toronto has to resign Bosh soon so they may blink.

1st: we can't 'not resign' lue...he was signed for 3 years

2nd: unless we get lucky and get a top-3 spot in the lotto, we aren't getting bargnani

3rd: we can just sign nene...denver won't match a decent offer...no need to snt al to them unless they give us dre also or something else of value

4th: mike james isn't the answer for us at pg

Quote:

How about this for a playoff team?

1. Trade Donta + 2nd to NOK for JR Smith
(disgruntled highflyer with a decent 3PT shooting touch) because neither one is playing a lot where they are

2. Trade Lue to DAL in a S/T for JT at 5yr - $42M+
- Lue gives them a veteran backup PG/ (makes room for Salim to get the backup PG mins)

3. Sign/Trade Al to NY for Frye + M. Taylor
(salary comp to get NY to give us Frye for Al)

4. Draft best available athletic big
- [Alridge (if he enters)/ Splitter/ Bardnani/ Sheldon W./ Tyrus T.]

5. Resign Ivey to 2yr - $3M+
(For chemistry, stable ballhandling, and his defensive intensity which should all increase more along with playmaking in his 3rd year)

1. we have ZERO need for jr smith...we have jj playing 40mpg at jr's position, plus chill as backup 2/3 plus marvin at 3 plus slim at 2...donta at least can play the 1 unlike jr

2. we don't need jt back; and they won't take lue for him anyway

3. NY won't trade Frye, not for just Al

4. This is fine, but we may not be drafting high enough to get any of the good bigs

• Premium Member

No, if he signs an 8 million dollar deal and walk away, i will readily admit that I was wrong about denver matching most deals.

My basis is tht Denver offered him more than 8 million last year. They offered somwhere in the neighborhood of 6 yrs 55 million. I suspect that NOW that the deadline is up.. They have drawn a line in the sand and that line is where they plan to stop.

I think Orlando can make a 9 million dollar bid. If Nene signs it, I truly believe that Denver will match... If Atlanta or Chicago offers 11 million, I don't think that Denver will match. That's what I believe can happen.