• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big man = #1 priority.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I hate the situation where are in right now. We have a strong need for a rebounder/defender and there are really none coming out. I know there's Shelden Williams and Josh Boone but both of these guys seem like they have real problems on this level. Neither will bring any offense. Williams will probably be a height aided flop.

There are some intriging young players like Robert Swift, Petro, Al Jefferson, Darko, etc... But Darko has been moved (at a hefty price), Jefferson ain't going nowhere, Swift ain't going nowhere. Petro can be had but he's not good enough to waste a lottery pick on.

FAcy has Nazr, Pryz, and Cato.

Of these three, I can see us getting Cato. But is Cato going to provide us defense? OK, there's Toni Battie too. But damn. How much for a Battie. I can see his agent salavating over the facts that the Hawks need him. So that's where we are.

Other players in the same game are: Chicago and Orlando.

I suspect that Orlando will probably re-sign either Cato or Battie; if not, they will go after nene. Chicago will go after Nene. I don't know what we will do.

What can Al get us?

Oh, I wish he could get us Frye! Hell, Al/Lue/1st for Frye/Marbury doesn't sound so bad right now.

Al I can say is that BK is in charge and he will get us a big man.

It looks like we actually agree on something.

I don't like the bigs in the draft either. I like Shelden but the Hawks need a center.

That is why I am focusing on the guards in the draft. I think they will be better off trying to get a big through FA or a SNT with A.

• Premium Member

If it's possible to find a good trade with the first, I would do that.

I would trade Lue/our first to Utah for Deron Williams.

However, I don't like any of the guards that are in this draft except for Rondo and I wouldn't pick him where we are.

As for as Bigs go... I don't know. Maybe it's possible to get a player like Collison with our first. IF not him then some young C... Maybe the Lakers have given up on Bynum and are willing to take a chance on a PG/Sg in this draft like Foye. You know Jackson like those Big Combo guards.

You need to forget about Deron. He's gone.

I don't think BK is really looking at Rondo either. He wants guys that are versatile and can play more than one positition. Rondo has no 2 in his game, on offense or on defense.

I like Foye and Roy but I haven't seen enough of them to make a firm judgement. However from what I have seen they would fit in well here.

Lots of wings, not much else..

Rudy Gay..Mr.Potental as far as his phyical abilities, but sometimes disapears for long stretches..He reminds me of Marvin in the sense he is on a great team, he will be a very high pick, but in reality is sometimes the 3rd or 4th best player on the Huskies.

Morrison..Shoots like Bird but can he guard me?

Reddick..Ditto

Aldridge..Has nice numbers, is a legitimate inside pressence, but even on a team with great guard play rarely dominates..Seems to be more of a complimentary type..I look at Aldridge and see Drew Gooden..A soft 14/8 guy that might not help alot with defense.

Carney..Another 6'7" athlete

Brewer..A shooting guard that can't shoot?

Rondo..Great defense, can't shoot a lick

Then there are a couple of 7 foot Euros that might be Dirk or might be Skita..Now with the Euros you also have to worry if they will come.

All and all the projected top ten is as empty as I have seen in awhile..

Quote:

I hate the situation where are in right now. We have a strong need for a rebounder/defender and there are really none coming out. I know there's Shelden Williams and Josh Boone but both of these guys seem like they have real problems on this level. Neither will bring any offense. Williams will probably be a height aided flop.

There are some intriging young players like Robert Swift, Petro, Al Jefferson, Darko, etc... But Darko has been moved (at a hefty price), Jefferson ain't going nowhere, Swift ain't going nowhere. Petro can be had but he's not good enough to waste a lottery pick on.

Cato will provide us with defense. That is the only thing he does well. Bang and play defense..which is exactly what we need. We need some thugs.

FAcy has Nazr, Pryz, and Cato.

Of these three, I can see us getting Cato. But is Cato going to provide us defense? OK, there's Toni Battie too. But damn. How much for a Battie. I can see his agent salavating over the facts that the Hawks need him. So that's where we are.

Other players in the same game are: Chicago and Orlando.

I suspect that Orlando will probably re-sign either Cato or Battie; if not, they will go after nene. Chicago will go after Nene. I don't know what we will do.

What can Al get us?

Oh, I wish he could get us Frye! Hell, Al/Lue/1st for Frye/Marbury doesn't sound so bad right now.

Al I can say is that BK is in charge and he will get us a big man.