• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

List SNT Al for PG/C combo options....

Nicholasp27

Let's list all of the pg/c combo options we could possibly snt al for...

Denver: Dre/Nene...we'd have to throw in slim or some other young talent and they still might not do this one...may have to settle for earl/nene which isn't as good

Portland: Blake/Pryz...they may rather give us telfair or jack instead of blake...any of the 3 + pryz would help...maybe we could get their 1st for giving them the best player in the deal

Indiana: Tinsley/Harrison...they'd love to have Al back and he'd be signed long-term for them...maybe we could even get their 1st as well...

• Admin

I would do the portland deal. I'd be plenty happy with Blake and I don't think Portland would give up Telfair.

I'd do the Denver deal if it included Miller. I wouldn't do it for watson. That's basically the same sitaution we had before trade deadline.

The indiana deal wouldn't be bad in a forced SnT situation. It's better than nothing, but IMO the lesser of the three.

Remember, Al will choose where he goes, not us..I predict he will TRY to force a snt with the Knicks cause Isiah will offer him a near max deal..If that doesn't work Chicago loves Al, and they have plenty of caproom..I could see Al saying he will sign with Chicago for 1 less year if we don't want to work a snt with the Bulls..Maybe involving one of their point guards..I don't see Al going west unless its Denver..I sort of discount that since Denver can't afford him outright and we have already turned down Nene and Watson..I don't think they would offer Miller..As for Portland, 1st they don't need Al, 2nd they are broke, and 3rd, BK will not go after Pryz if its true Pryz spurned him before..We all know BK holds a grudge.

Heres a few I like..Al to the Bucks for Gadz and Mo Williams..Al to NO/OK for a resigned Speedy and JR Smith(I know we don't need him but he has tons of potential).Al to Dallas for Devin Harris and filler. Thoughts??

I like Al to POR - maybe for Jack + Pryz (but Pryz is also an UFA)

But I agree with NY/CHI having the upper hand at signing him the summer. But my wishful thinking is that we move him in a deal.

Now if NY gets him, they'll be looking to dump Franchis or Starbury, which is highly unfavorable for us. Judging rom the recent news/rumors, horrible season, and relationship with Larry Brown, I'd say Marbury very likely.

The only way we should accept either, is if they give us Frye. Because, we don't need any more picks accept for maybe the "Oden draft". So if they'll part with Frye, which is not asking too much since they'd add Al and dump Marbury, then let's do it.

Besides, even Marbury with his cancerous tendencies, would still be the best PG we've had in nearly a decade. The Hawks will be great if Marbury comes here with a good sense of:

1. our team direction - w/o LB

2. his background at GT

3. a fresh start with a more talented team

Im not sure, Nate doesn't really help us much, he is basically another Lue with more hops, would love Frye, but they apparently won't move him..Then they have all the overpaid guards..Crawford is the only one I would consider but even he is way overpaid..I think we probably need to avoid dealing with NY.

I know it is hindsight but look at what Ron Artest has done for Sacramento. Anyways....I like a lot of these deals.

1. Al/Salim/Lue for Dre/Nene: This trade would be stellar.

2. Al for Pryz/Jack: I'm a big GT fan so....

3. Al/Salim/Lue+whatever for Magloire/Mo

4. 3-way: Al to NO, Speedy/Nene to ATL, JR to DEN

That is a great proposal jez. I think speedy would be great here and nene is a risk but you have to take them sometime. perfect deal for everyone. denver needs a sg and this gives them an exciting young guy to groom next to melo. excellent idea. I hope bk sees this an tries to follow through.

• Premium Member

Actually,

I think that there was a reason for NY to jump on the Steve Francis deal. NY could have traded us Robinson at the break... It's not him. I think we might be getting Franchise and a young big man, maybe David Lee... They probably would not bid with us on Butler either.

Quote:

I know it is hindsight but look at what Ron Artest has done for Sacramento.

I don't think it's hindsight. I think we all knew he'd be great at first if he accepted to play here. The question is when will his next episode / blowup / trade demand occur? that is the risk

I would not be surprised if we make a deal with Portland and its Jack/Skinner for Al or some other variation. Not that I am advocating for Skinner but Pryz is a unrestricted free agent and it would make it a more complicated deal to do two sign and trade deals in one trade. Even so Skinner might still be an improvement in the 5 spot (especially on D) than what we currently have.

Maurice Williams/Gadzuric is a trade I had thought about also in the past. The Bucks would need to throw in a 1stround pick as well. I just don't think those 2 along would be enough to pull the trigger on this deal. I would give them a future second rounder from Atlanta just to make them feel like they aren't giving up too much. Although the Hawks gave up alot last summer in the S&T with JJ.

• Moderators

Quote:

Actually,

I think that there was a reason for NY to jump on the Steve Francis deal. NY could have traded us Robinson at the break... It's not him. I think we might be getting Franchise and a young big man, maybe David Lee... They probably would not bid with us on Butler either.

I see them unloading Marbury at any cost and going with Francis as their PG after the recent comments by "Starbury" and Brown.