• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford's Big Board Top Ten with Comments

KB21

for me, it comes down to a couple of 'simple' things:

a) do you trust Woodson (or even another coach) to be able to FULLY manage have so a GLUT of post players.

b) Zaza at the 5, with Smoove at the 4 (on defense) makes for a decent combo. PERHAPS one of Thomas/Zaza is better, but not tremendously

c) you have to realize that as of now we are a frontcourt/forward 'oriented' team with our best player being a perimeter guy.

d) Zaza is a good offensive center but needs HELP on defense...now, whether that is in the form of a bigger bodied pf to help clog the paint OR simply better perimeter defnese to prevent penetration is up for debate (myself, I think it's a combination of the two).

In sum: I like Zaza and believe that he can be QUALITY on this team if the perimeter defense improves and we get CONSISTENT defense at the swing positions...and, that being said, I see on better option than Zaza (given attainable/possible players) at our center position. We simply have to gain a more respectable defense at the guard/swing positions, period.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comes here for Marvin and Smoove.

That said, I don't think Thomas is a better prospect than Smoove or Marvin. Heck, if Indy or TOR would take our pick (Thomas) and Smoove or Marvin for Bosh, I'd be all for that.

In addition, Thomas would be a FOUR not a 3. Al or Chillz would be our SF.

Quote:

comes here for Marvin and Smoove.

That said, I don't think Thomas is a better prospect than Smoove or Marvin. Heck, if Indy or TOR would take our pick (Thomas) and Smoove or Marvin for Bosh, I'd be all for that.

In addition, Thomas would be a FOUR not a 3. Al or Chillz would be our SF.

I didn't miss anything, but if you want to get O"neal or Bosh just give them Thomas and Marvin or Smoove or Al, i would rather have Marvin at the 3 or Smoove who have experience instead of another rookie

I agree, I think Zaza has the potential of being a legit starter at the 5, but he'd be better served in on a team that doesn't have to play him as much as we do, and let him play at the 4 and the 5.

If we pick one of Noah or Aldridge then we should expect them to back up the 4 and 5 as rookies. If they can play their way into the starting rotation, it would be great, but I wouldn't expect it right away.

Bargnani doesn't seem to be the guy that I think we ened. I don't know much about him, but he appears to be more of a finesse guy.

If we get someone like Nene, then he, Zaza and our drafted big man will all get time at PF and C. None are obvious Centers, but all can play cnter especially if they have a big big PF next to them when playing someone like Shaq.

I would like to see a team with these options next season:

Guards: JJ, Speedy, Childress, Lue, Salim

Small forwards: Smith, Marvin, Childress, JJ

Power Forwards: Smith, Marvin, Zaza, Draft Pick, Nene, Batista

Centers: Zaza, Draft Pick, Nene

11 players

Core of JJ, Smith, Marvin

Rest of 8 man rotation, major minutes: Childress, Nene, Zaza, Speedy, Draft Pick

Bench depth and situational players: Lue, Salim, Batista

Marvin has a long way to go to legitimize him as the core, but I think he'll get there.

• Premium Member

It depends on what we get..

If we got Tyrus Thomas and traded Al..

My lineup would be:

Zaza/Thomas/Smoove/JJ/ whatever PG we got in trade for Al.

I think the improved Defense of TT and Smoove would help cover Zaza's weak defense...

If we got Channing Frye in trade for Al and we drafted Noah.

I would play Noah off the bench and go with:

Zaza/Frye/Smoove/JJ/PG...

If we got Noah in the draft and re-signed Al..

I would try:

Zaza/Al/Smoove/JJ/PG..

with Noah playing heavy minutes at the 5 and the 4.

well he's right. Smoove has been great of late, but he's easily still a project.

Hell jumaine jones gets 10/5.

Smoove will be a project until he can at least deliver for a full season. Getting good numbers in the second half of the season when our season is over is not good enough.

Hopefully the Joshes can deliver full seasons next year

Quote:

well he's right. Smoove has been great of late, but he's easily still a project.

Smoove will be a project until he can at least deliver for a full season. Getting good numbers in the second half of the season when our season is over is not good enough.

You forgot to say that he needs to stop shooting 3's grin.gif

Quote:

there are people who have built careers on those numbers. is Robert Horry still a project? His best year was 12/5.

Smoove may not have reached his potential but he is no longer a project.

I think it is entirely possible that we sign Nene (or Wilcox or the like) via free agency, that we draft a PF and that we sign a free agent PG.

I also agree that whoever we draft is likely to come off the bench (at least as first).

As for Bargnani, I haven't seen enough of him to have an informed opinion (those clips are not enough for me) but if he projects to be like Dirk, I'd be more than happy to plug him in at PF (finesse guy or not).

Quote:

I think it is entirely possible that we sign Nene (or Wilcox or the like) via free agency, that we draft a PF and that we sign a free agent PG.

I also agree that whoever we draft is likely to come off the bench (at least as first).

As for Bargnani, I haven't seen enough of him to have an informed opinion (those clips are not enough for me) but if he projects to be like Dirk, I'd be more than happy to plug him in at PF (finesse guy or not).

Trade for Marcus Williams maybe and we have complete team with the free agents and the draft

If I thought Smoove were anywhere near his ceiling, I'd be looking to trade him but I think he is going to be a LOT better in a couple of years. I don't think it is out of the question for Smoove to double his PPG and almost double his rbg and apg in the next couple of years.

Quote:

Quote:

Trade for Marcus Williams maybe and we have complete team with the free agents and the draft

yeah he was stellar against those George Mason guards...oh please.

Quote:

well he's right. Smoove has been great of late, but he's easily still a project...

Have to agree there. Granted the Orlando game was one of his lesser outtings, but it looked to me like he was trying to drive to the basket a little more than usual. Problem was, he wasn't able to make the shots. He'll need to work on finishing with some touch for that to work consistenly.

...still a project but a much more promising project than last year...

accept the deal. Again, my point was that a pick and Marvin or Al and Smoove might not be enough to get the deal done. They might only do a deal for SMOOVE AND MARVIN. If you think Smoove AND Marvin are too much to give up for Bosh or O'Neal, that is a different issue.