• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there any doubt now that we need a defensive

Peoriabird

• Moderators

Quote:

So you want to bring in two bigs which would mean that Zaza's minutes would probably be cut in half?

I am ok with that but I just want to be clear. i think Zaza is a major problem for the Hawks.

Quote:

i'm not saying you are wrong for wanting Noah, i'm just saying it has truly gotten ugly to be a Hawks' fan right now.

Noah is averaging 6.8 boards and two blocks in the powerhouse SEC..... zzzzzzz

To be fair, the SEC looks likely to win both the NCAA championship and the NIT championship. They can't be that weak. ACC teams didn't make it past the sweet sixteen.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A PG and Big Baby !! and we'll DOMINATE !!

if Glen Davis measures over 6'7" i'll eat crow.

Didn't hurt Charles Barkley any.

I'd be interested to hear you name the other round PFs under 6'8'' that have dominated in the league. (Barkley was several inches shorter and singificantly more mobile than Big Baby also).

• Premium Member

Quote:

So what? Tyrus averages 2 more rebounds and 1 more block in 26 minutes.

Noahs numbers are lame. He is not a defensive big by any stretch.

Thomas is a 3/4, and will likely measure out at 6'8. (No, KB, I don't think he can play center). The Hawks already have a 3/4 who can block shots and rebound, yet isn't ready to play in the post. They don't need a second one.

Give me Aldridge. (And, no, I don't put stock in one game).

I would take Aldridge too. I wasn't trying to promote Thomas, although I like him. I was just trying to put a damper on the Noah hype.

I think you guys may be surprised watching Noah against George Mason. They will definitely post him up and put his defense to the test.

my apologies if I was unclear. Donovan stated in no uncertain terms that no one on his team, Noah included, was anywhere near ready for the pros in his estimation. yes, he does ahve a lot to 'gain' by holding on to such players for another year; while I don't know his comments regarding Lee and the boys last year (that went pro), or what he said about Kwame and his decision, his ability to turn that team out this year (after losing three quality starters) could possibly back up his definitely biased opinion.

That being said, he agrees with me so I'm taking it a bit further. As stated before ~ I like Noah; I think the comparisons to Pau are decent; however he garnered only nine mpg last year, comes from a semi-wealthy background (thus doesn't have the familial pressure or so I would assume), and is slight of frame (with not a lot of room to grow). He'd be best served, in the long run, by returning to school, honing his skills, becoming 'more crafty' and developing a particular skill (see back to the basket offense) more.

Maybe two or three teams in the NBA can contain guard penetration...in the league it is almost impossible to stay in front of guards, every team allows penetration, however the good defensive teams have bigs that play help defense ...we don't have a single one. It is simple, basketball is a simple game. Guards break down the D with dribble penetration...how good your defense is depends on how good your bigs are with help defense and how well you rotate back to open shooters.