• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Only in Atlanta can you find such negativity

Admin

I agree a W is a W, it doesnt matter if you win by 20 or 1. The Bulls are a much improved team and they have showned it, they beat Hornets and celtics, "supposedly" better teams of the East. They have very good players but we just have better. A few things I liked.

Hendu was again very active on the boards, in the limited minutes he picked up 11 boards, thumbs up Hendu.

Theo is a monster underneath, case closed.

Ira is a monster defending the perimeter players, the guy gives 100% every play and doesnt ask for the ball, I love Ira.

JT is running the team great, he really is, I dont want to hear the crap that his assist are high because of big dog, he is getting the ball to the players in scoring position. I loved that bounce pass to big dog, but was blocked, great pass JT.

Reef is still active, just some of the timming is off right now for him, he will be back tuesday, back to old Reef.

Big Dog, the money man, the guy is amazing

Email did great when he came in, played great D, a block and a couple of steals.

Ham, beautiful dunk

Dion looked pretty good in his first game back, we definitely need his minutes

Great game guys, they made their run and we didnt allow further more. 2-1 start, lovely

• Admin

passing the ball. I have never seen a Hawks team that people are willing to pass the ball. Its good to be unselfish. If this pass first attitude keeps up we will have a nice winning record. Nazr hury up and get well. We need another big body. Hendu is doing a great job but I am not a fan of Harvey.

Ira is doing a great job on defence. He is a demon.

So, Hawks "Let" the young Bulls back in the game?

So what, we won!

Full court pressure by Bulls made it very interesting

in the end, but Hawks had their best in there in the

end, preserving the win.

Our guys are still learning to play together. SAR is still

not 100 % -- Dickau is still looking more lost than future

star P.G. -- Still, we win.

Those Bulls will give someone trouble before season's end.

They have a lot of young players who will only get better.

Hawks pulled away early and they just couldn't catch us.

Gray Mule

Good grief! We're sitting at 2-1, GRob just joined the very elite company of Nique, Sweet Lou, and Petit by scoring 30 in the opening games (according to bandwagon.com, for what that's worth) and the Hawks are playing great for early season, the only loss thus far was to the EC Champions, and STILL there are calls for Lon Kruger's job?!?!? Very Bravesfan-like. Well, ya can't make everyone happy, and I suspect that we could go 82-0 and someone would still have to find something to whine about.

It is going to take a good 20-30 games for the chemistry to set in for this team. Already, this team has more ball movement than I've seen from a Hawks team in 15 years. At one point last night, the Hawks had made 21 baskets with 14 assists.

Shareef has to find his niche in the offense. It looks like Glen has the green light to go get his shot, and you know Jason has the green light to get his when he wants to. Shareef has to find a comfort zone and quit forcing some shots.

This team still has to learn how to close out games as well.

I think we are still one player away from being the team to beat in the EC, but I think we will finish in the top 3 or 4 teams this year in the EC.

Very true. And instead of Lon-bashing, give the bulls a little credit. They never quit and played us tough. They kept making runs and made the Hawks stay focused to put them away. Besides I think the team and staff learn more by putting away a close game against a relentless team than by pulling away in the 3rd/4th quarter.

I haven't agreed with all of Kruger's sub decisions so far this year, but the improved passing has me pretty pleased with the staff so far.

I think we are still one player away from being the team to beat in the EC, but I think we will finish in the top 3 or 4 teams this year in the EC."

That would be Doug Christie or Brent Barry.A guy that

can give us 12PPG 5RPG 4-6APG at SG.That is really

what we need right now.I like Newble,but we could

use another ball handler out there that can play some

PG when JT is out of the game.As of right now Dickau

nor Email can run the PG position and we need a guard

that can run the position sometimes Jt can't play

the whole game.

Well, I am thinking about the shooting guard position.

I do not want Doug Christie though. That guy brings nothing to the table offensively but air balls.

We need a guy who plays tough defense and can extend the court with his shot. I'd like to see someone who can be an effective spot up shooter who doesn't demand the ball.

Brent Barry would be a nice option, but I'm not sure he brings the defense we need. Right now, Ira gives us great defense at the two spot.

I'm looking at this as more of a wait and see proposition though. Let's let JT, Glenn, SAR, and Theo get their rythm going this year and evaluate the team at the end of the season unless a deal comes up that can gear us up for the playoff drive at the latter part of the season (one that does not involve any of the four players mentioned above).

I do not want Doug Christie though. That guy brings nothing to the table offensively but air balls."

Come on...so he had a bad game.His still would be

the best defending guard on the team and he hit

the 3 and plays good defense and has extremely

good ball handling skills.

Christie would be the best ball handler on our team.

How can you say a guy that should make all team

defender bringsn nothing to the table...

Brent Barry is not that bad of a defensive player he

is VERY underrated.The guy shoots 51% and if that

doesn't help I don't know what does.