• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Noah not declaring hurts the Hawks.......

emeans

Being that the Hawks maybe picking 4th. If Noah declares that is strong possibility we will be able to get a playing of need (BIG MAN) at 4. You would have Noah, Bagnani and Aldridge. We would definately get one of those big men because Charlotte is rumored to be high on Morris or a shooting swingman like Gay.

Without Noah we are probably left to pick either Morris or Gay or 4.

We may be screwed if he doesn't declare and again an Atlanta team has lost the coin toss for a draft spot.

We need some lottery luck to get into the top 3 if he doesn't declare or we need to trade down.

I would bet that one of our lowest probabilities would be to pick 4th, since there is a good chance that someone will leap into the top 3, which will push us down a spot. Of course the Hawks have a good chance to do that, but as history has shown we arent likely to get that good fortune.

I do agree that Noah not being in the draft hurts us, but there should still be a quality player available with the 5th pick which is where I think we will be drafting.

Quote:

I would bet that one of our lowest probabilities would be to pick 4th

It's the opposite. The highest probability is that we pick 4th. The top 3 teams have the greatest chance at the top 3 picks. Meaning probability wise we have the greatest chance at the 4 spot.

I think we should start thinking positive about our chances. Why not us? We would never be in the position we are in if Orlando and Charlotte didn't win so much at the end of the season. Now we have a near equal chance with Charlotte at a top 3 pick. We would never have guessed that with the last 20 games to go.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I would bet that one of our lowest probabilities would be to pick 4th

It's the opposite. The highest probability is that we pick 4th. The top 3 teams have the greatest chance at the top 3 picks. Meaning probability wise we have the greatest chance at the 4 spot.

I don't know that I agree with this. I haven't run the numbers, but if it is more likely that any team 5-13 vaults into the top 3 than not then the highest probability may be that we slide in the draft. I don't know without running the #s but it would not surprise me if our chances of landing in the 5-7 slots are better than our chances of being in the 4 slot.

Quote:

I think we should start thinking positive about our chances. Why not us? We would never be in the position we are in if Orlando and Charlotte didn't win so much at the end of the season. Now we have a near equal chance with Charlotte at a top 3 pick. We would never have guessed that with the last 20 games to go.

I am on board with this!

• Premium Member

Quote:

The highest probability is that we pick 4th.

Actually, it's 5th. There's a greater chance that someone will leapfrog the Hawks than of them staying put.

I'm going to post a new thread about lotto possibilities.

I think some people missed the point of the original post. If Joakim Noah declares then we could possibly pick as low as 6th and still land an interior player because there would be Noah, Aldridge, Bargnani, and Tyrus Thomas along with Gay and Morrison. One of those big men would have to fall unless we had the 7th pick.

Unfortunately without Noah in the draft, if we get the 6th spot we have no chance of landing Thomas, Aldridge, or Bargnani.