• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks need to hire Rick Adelman

WraithSentinel

I agree!

I just saw the news that he had been fired.

But he is a quality coach. If he still wants to coach in this league then there are tons of teams that would sign him.

I would like to see him on the Hawk's sideline though.

Quote:

He is like 6-1 and Woody about 6-6.

You know that BK likes them aroud 6-6 to 6-9.

Juuuustt Kiidddiding!!

that be some funny stuff... if like BK got replaced by another coach whos like 6'8" or so.

i want someone like AVERY JOHNSON as my coach!

(edit: not directed at MW24 or anyone in particluar, just stating my opinion on the issue)

Getting a proven winner would CLEARLY be an upgrade. This is all about taking steps in the right direction. Woody might end up being a good coach, but so far he hasn't shown enough promise that he's worth hanging onto infinitely, and this is much different than a young player situation. All our eggs aren't in a single basket with our young unproven players. Any of Marvin, Childress and Smith could end up being complete busts, but if one of them becomes a Hall of Famer it works out fine, you know? If Woody is a bust, the Hawks are a bust, period, as long as he's coach.

Adelman may not get us to a championship level, but if he can get us to the next tier (a winning team, a playoff team) then Atlanta becomes a place where players, coaches and management want to work, and fans have something to cheer for. Woody was a smart gamble while we've been stockpiling talent and while our record doesn't make too much of a difference...but we HAVE to start competing. 26 wins is not a great achievement, its a step in the right direction.

Putting this young team with a ton of promise into the hands of a proven winner is a great NEXT step in the right direction. I hope the best for Woody, but I hope much better for the Hawks.

...in 16 seasons the man is 752-481 in the regular season and 68-64 in the postseason, his team's been on a decline for a few years now, but the ownership and management have plenty to do with that too

he's only had 3 losing seasons in his career

he's no phil jackson, but for crying out loud he knows how to get his team some wins, and who else is out there?

with Woody, it's an unknown..with Adelman, you KNOW you're getting a good coach and one with an uptempo, passing style...i'm all for NOT firing Woody but with this new development, if it meant getting Adelman,i'd do it...i'm a big fan of Adelman's style..

remember Sacramento would have probably made the finals a couple times if not for the Lakers.