• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why are the pistons so good?

KZ3

They have a 5-1 record and are on top of the central again. I want to know why.

Is their defense that great? Not on paper, with the exception of Ben Wallace of course. But they are allowing the fewest points in the league by far.

Do they have a go to guy? Rip Hamilton? Maybe, but he can't create many shots for himself... Stackhouse could.

Strength of schedule? Maybe, since the best team that they played was the Clippers (who beat them by 2 points), but they have beat Phoenix and Utah (albeit by 2 points each). And they did go 8-0 in preseason.

Coaching? Rick Carlisle is doing a hella good job turning this team into a winner. The hawks have much more talent, but I guess talent is no good if it's being wasted. Carlisle has gotten the best out of this team full of role players.

What do you guys think? Are the pistons really that good, or have they just played the scrubs of the league? Are they better than last year? Could we even beat them?

They don't have the most talented guys in the league but they do have some very good players and they play unselfishly. The best thing about them in my opinion is their blue collar attitude. Dumars is constructing a team full of guys in his image and its working. I don't see them winning the EC but I think they will be a playoff team and a team that nobody wants to play.

They have a team like the old Hawks

Mookie Billups

Smith Rip

Corbin Curry

L8 Cliff

Deke Wallace

They will wear out.They did so last playoffs and that

is the reason they struggled with Toronto.

remember the orlando magic era... after they lost SHAQ + PENNY and before they got HILL + McGRADY...

the days where AMAECHI, WALLACE, ARMSTRONG (bunch of underrated players... no big names...) tried competing for the 8th spot....

i think its a team like that... sure they are up to a great start, but they had an easy schedule...

wait til their schedule gets harder....

When Larry Bird was coaching the Pacers, he allowed his assistants to do much of the coaching. Carlisle was one of those assistants.

The man is a winner. Considering that the Pistons aren't exactly the most talented team around speaks volumes for his coaching ability.

I think Dumars deserves credit as well. He has put together a team of hard working players who play like he did. No flashy stars, just solid players. And he deserves major credit for hiring Rick Carlisle to coach his team.

In just a couple years, Joe Dumars has accomplished more than Pete "GM Of The Year" Babcock has done in his 12 years in Atlanta.

True,nothing babcock has done has paid off.

It sucks but it's true.He's made some moves that

look good on paper,but are not working out on

the basketball court.Keeping Lon was one of his

bigger mistakes.