• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A New Diesel offseason.

Diesel

• Premium Member

On draft night...

Hawks draft M. Williams. and Alex Johnson (2nd).

IN free agency. Trade....

Rights to M. Williams, Al, Lue to Philly for AI/Dally.

In Free agency sign Tim Thomas or Drew Gooden.

AI/JJ/JSmoove/TT/Dally.

• Moderators

I want no part of Tim Thomas - he is going to be this year's Jerome James (good play in post-season translates into $$ and then the player returns to his career underacheiving ways). I am surprised to see you suggest it, D. Aren't you the one that argues that Marvin Williams is like TT Part II and can't play PF for that reason?

Fantastic trade. I don't think the TT/Gooden stuff is really neccessary, though I do like Gooden. With the ownership situation, I also can't really imagine them adding much more payroll unless something drastically changes.

1 ai / ?

2 jj / chill

3 smoove / chill

4 unfortunately-not-cp / zaza

5 dally / zaza

*shrug*

Quote:

Fantastic trade. I don't think the TT/Gooden stuff is really neccessary, though I do like Gooden. With the ownership situation, I also can't really imagine them adding much more payroll unless something drastically changes.

1 ai / ?

2 jj / chill

3 smoove / chill

4 unfortunately-not-cp / zaza

5 dally / zaza

*shrug*

I'm forgetting tons of players (salim, ivey, etc).. don't blame me, it's early.

Quote:

I want no part of Tim Thomas - he is going to be this year's Jerome James (good play in post-season translates into $$ and then the player returns to his career underacheiving ways)...

Well AHF, one can never be sure but that was even mentioned by the announcers on the nationwide broadcast last night (they quickly qualified the comment so as to not be too critical of him).

He surely seems like the type of player who you would want, but not on a long-term deal.

Quote:

I want no part of Tim Thomas - he is going to be this year's Jerome James (good play in post-season translates into $$ and then the player returns to his career underacheiving ways). I am surprised to see you suggest it, D. Aren't you the one that argues that Marvin Williams is like TT Part II and can't play PF for that reason?

Good call. Another prime candidate would be Diaw if some club other than Phoenix ends up giving him a huge deal. I think he'll stay in Phoenix, but if some team with a more american 1-on-1 system paid big bucks for him, I would laugh my ass off.

yeah but if you look at our squad 1-4 our strength is offense and our relative weakness is defense. I start Dalembert no questions asked to anchor the D.

If we were a defensive squad looking to bolster our offense, I might consider starting zaza.

Smith-Dalembert at the 4-5 is a scary shot-blocking monster

Of course that's assuming he starts playing well again, dalembert SUCKED last year.

Quote:

yeah but if you look at our squad 1-4 our strength is offense and our relative weakness is defense. I start Dalembert no questions asked to anchor the D.

If we were a defensive squad looking to bolster our offense, I might consider starting zaza.

Smith-Dalembert at the 4-5 is a scary shot-blocking monster

Of course that's assuming he starts playing well again, dalembert SUCKED last year.

But we don't need a defender all game long. We need Zaza's post game on offense. Dalembert has no offensive aresenal whatsoever. In our proposed lineup, who is going to be the post scorer?

• Moderators

Quote:

Whoa, I dont want to make this trade. I was just saying who I thought Diesel was referring to. I dont want any part of Tim Thomas, nor would I want to trade Marvin under any circumstances.

Didn't mean to imply you did. I was just replying to Deisel's post but hit the reply button on the nearest one to do it. Sorry for the confusion!

• Premium Member

I think TT is a good 6'10" athletic Pf that we can get on the cheap. I think he'd come at the MLE or less.

He, Smoove, and Dally would make a very interesting frontcourt.

I don't think there's ever really been a problem with TT's game. It's just that he was overpaid.

• Moderators

Quote:

I don't think there's ever really been a problem with TT's game. It's just that he was overpaid.

The fact that the Bulls cut him while still having to pay his salary begs to differ. wink.gif

Quote:

I think TT is a good 6'10" athletic Pf that we can get on the cheap. I think he'd come at the MLE or less.

He, Smoove, and Dally would make a very interesting frontcourt.

This just shows how clueless Diesel is. TT has never averaged over 5 rebounds a game in his career and doesn't block shots at all. He may be the worst defender on the Suns roster right now. They give up 9 more ppg when he is playing.

What a joke.