• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

X Men 3 Last Stand

Blunt91

Decided I would go and catch a Matinee of this movie. The Theater was already crowded at 3:00pm. Well I thought the movie was great. As you may know, in this one a scientist has came up with a formula to cure mutants of their powers. The X-men's view is that it is up to the mutant on whether they want to become normal. Magneto and his group of brotherhood or against it. He states that the Humans are saying being a mutant is a diesease and will eventually try to wipe all of them out. So of course Magneto decides to wage a war against the Humans. There is alot of good action in this picture. There is also comedy, and surprisingly a suggestive sexual scene even though it is PG13. I won't give all the information away but I will tell you that 3 of the Mutants die in this picture. You will have to go see the movie to find out who they are. I will give this movie 4 1/2stars out of 5. Go check it out when you get the chance.

I took my son to see it this afternoon. It had him on the edge of his seat and made him jump a couple of times. He's only 10, but we both enjoyed it. I will probably add it to my home collection, even though I wanted a betted ending.

SPOILER ALERT

What an awful, awful movie. It seemed to be a series of segments of a snuff film more than anything, then they didn't even have the balls to make the deaths/losses of power mean anything.

Plus the dialogue was written by a 13 year old, I'm sure of it. Halle Berry (the best looking actress in Hollywood IMO) needed some eggs to go with her ham.

Any scriptwriter that uses the line "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" in a non-ironic fashion needs to be hung from the yardarm and beaten with pinata sticks.

That said, it was so laughably stupid that I enjoyed it. Plus the effects were nice. And there was motion and loud sounds.

Rating 2/10.

Unintentional Comedy Rating 97/100.

If you stay all the way through the end credits there is a secert ending scene...lets just say only two main characters died.

P.S. Good (not great) movie. Cyclops had what, two minutes of screen time? And I agree with the previous post, who wrote the dialoge in this thing, the screenwriter for Batman and Robin? smile.gif

Quote:

If you stay all the way through the end credits there is a secert ending scene...lets just say only two main characters died.

P.S. Good (not great) movie. Cyclops had what, two minutes of screen time? And I agree with the previous post, who wrote the dialoge in this thing, the screenwriter for Batman and Robin?
smile.gif

Yeah, I saw the super secret ending, hence my comment about how the whole plot of the movie (characters dying... characters losing their powers) was basically retracted at the end. They should have just thrown up a giant text frame at the end that said "JUST KIDDING!!!"

• Premium Member

Whether you are a fan of the movies or a fan of the comics, this movie just doesn't deliver. Okay, the given: it's got action, special effects, Wolverine, Magneto, and the damn Juggernaut. It's loud and it's entertaining. It's a good waist of time...but that doesn't make it a good movie.

First problem is there is absolutely too much crap crammed into too little time. Specifically, the movie should have been about the mutant cure OR the Dark Phoenix. As it is, Phoenix is just a weak, underdeveloped character who wastes runtime.

Character development? Non-existent. Plot? Thin. Dialogue? Swiss: cheese with holes in it. This movie was SO thrown together it makes no sense - did anyone catch the timeshift from the moment Magneto moved the bridge (afternoon) to the instant later when he stepped off (evening). WTF...

Wasted opportunity and Hollywood BULLSH!T

The Juggernaut is not a mutant; he's also Professor X's half brother. The son of a b!tch is UNSTOPPABLE. No guns, no Kitty Pride, no soldiers, no Magneto, NOTHING can stop him. Nothing but getting that damn helmet off and allowing the professor to get in his head. There should have been entire fight sceens dedicated to them trying to stop that fool.

They killed Cyclops?!? The leader of the X-men since before freaggin' EVER, has like 3 lines in the whole movie and is WASTED by the woman he has been with since the damn 60's...oh enough already.

Where is Gambit!?

Gambit442x350.jpg

Perhaps the most charming and charasmatic mutant... Easily brought to the big screen (kinetically charged playing cards)... Who would set up the rightful love interest for Rogue... Who is a bit of a wayward drifter and could easily present a love conflict with Bobby and Rogue... That they totally just ignore for which new mutant face? Only the most unknown, obscure, presence-less, mutant that they could think of...Kitty Pride.

Speaking of which, where exactly was their little "thing" going and why exactly did they cure Rogue...? The hell?

Moving on...

THE X-MEN HAVE MORE ENEMIES THAN JUST MAGNETO!!!!

How about...

Mr. Sinster!?!?

442px-Sinister.png

Apocalypse!?!?!

Apocalypse_head.jpg

They've done 3 movies now, and they're "ending" the series without ONE freaggin' Sentinal!?

Damn man, how about actually SHOWING the net result of the humans' "Mutant Problem"...OMG...

Sentinels_head.jpg

They haven't shown one damn sentinal in any movie (that damn head doesn't count dammit), yet they somehow know this is an enemy and are fighting it in the danger room?

How about introducing mutant conflicts and agendas OTHER than humans vs. mutants...

How about, I dunno, USING the romance between Jean and Scott...and bringing in something I'm sure people would love to know about...

CABLE!

Cable.jpg

How about Cyclop's brother!?!?

442px-Havok_bio.jpg

What about the future of the X-men...bring that in, with Cable and freaggin' BISHOP!!!!!

Bishop_2.jpg

How about setting up Warren to lose his wings, so Apocalypse can make him into the Angel of Death!?

archangel04.jpg

Oh enough already. Hollywood has once again completely @ssraped an awesome liscence and delivered a subpar movie that entertains ONLY in that it is a movie.

Heres my take-

overall, it was ok. i enjoy movies w/ superheros (marvel/dc/etc), but like many have mentioned here- they kinda rushed it. But im a fan, wat can u say. However, it DID NOT meet my expectations. maybe i expected too much? (possible!)

heres my problems

1) set up a few freaking good, long scenes. Like a fight w/ Juggernaut vs WHOEVER (Colloseus would be good!). a good, long battle is what i want. what about ICEMAN and PYRO fight? 30 seconds, i think? SOOOOOOO LAME!

2) character development sucked! they did a decent job of portraying PHOENIX as this all-powerful, yadayada... yeh, but what about the OTHERS.

i felt like they were going for this "this is MUTANT X, his power is Y and thats all u have to know" theme.

3) ok, so characters die. i liked that. but could we see some freakin drama w/ the characters dying? the leader of the x-men, cyclops, is not even worth a good 10-15 minutes to die (slowly, woulda been nice too)? its more like "get this guy off the plot... kill him real quick" type of thing.

* thats it for now.

overall, considering that im a FAN and that it wasnt absolutely HORRIBLE... i think it was ok. worth the price of admission (if ur not absolutely BROKE). but dont set high expectations or nothing.

BTW- are u sure this is the last x-men movie? Im not going to complain about the characters (of lack thereof), simply b/c im guessing they're picking the right time to bring them in.

the next BAD GUY better not be magneto!!!

thats so much crap, how he gets hit w/ 4 of those shots and still has a little juice in him. yet, mystique gets hit w/ one and she losses all hers!

• Admin

you can completely tell that the studio lost faith in the movie when Singer left to do Superman. X-men is one of those properties that you could spin off into a new movie every 2-3 years and guarantee yourself 200-300 million at the box office. But they basically begin and end the entire series in 3 movies. The only reason to end the series now is because you don't think you have the people around it to make it what it could be. But personally, I would prefer that over a string of half hearted, bad films (batman 1-4).

I liked the movie, or at least what of it was there. I didn't like how they killed off so many of the characters so...pointlessly. They never should have brought out the phoenix storyline so soon. Of course, that was probably Singers doing before he left the series. I would love to have seen where he went with it.

So I give it 3.5 of 5.

• Premium Member

SPOILER

Well,

The storyline has always vered from the comics... For instance, Rogue is supposed to have the powers of Ms. Marvel and be able to fly. However, I do remember in the comics that Phoenix's demise did come at the hand of Wolverine, but in that same comic, I thought Charles Xavier becomes a "vegetable"..... You're right about Cyclops too...

But they did leave room for the storyline to be picked up again... What if the "cure" is only temporary... Then you have the opportunity for Mystic, Magneto, and Rogue's return. Because eventually, Magneto becomes an XMen himself. Right?

If there is another movie, they should introduce the sentinals. I think the sentinals ought to be more than just a sub plot.

However, I was wondering, where is Nightcrawler? I guess it would have been too easy to propose him curing Phoenix.

There was too much love given to Pyro. I didn't see him as being that powerful in the first place. I was more impressed by Sonic who was considered a little above a pawn..

• Admin

From what I've read, they are done completely. And as much as I love x-men (comics, cartoons, etc), I agree with it. They took the story to a point that there really is no coming back. At least not with something you can really call x-men. Yah they kinda left it open that the cure may only be temporary. But still, from what I've heard coming out of Marvel, they are done. Which is really sad, because they could have went on a run of successful movies that could have lasted 20+ years and been a boxoffice hit every time. The story was already laid out for them.

They do have spinoffs in the works for Wolverine and possibly another one for a young magneto, both of which could be pretty cool. Wolverine especially.

• Premium Member

Marvel's movies are going to suck again until Ironman.

Why not give Stan Lee a little more control over story line?

They promo'd Ghost Rider. I was hype for about 1 minute, then I pay'd close attention. It's going to suck too.

I'm really not that interested in Wolverine without the XMen.

I think Marvel ought to do what they do best. Cartoons. I recently bought my son Marvel's first new Cartoon release of the Avengers... That is good. I think if they did a movie length Cartoon of the Xmen, they could do as many as they wanted to do.

One other I would like to see go to Movies as a Movie is Thor...

The thing that separates the Marvel Universe from DC is that the Characters have flaws in the Marvel world.. So I would much rather see the story of Thor vs. the Story of Green Latern...