My view of tonights matchup.

The key to the game tonight is limiting Baron

Davis and protecting the 3pt line.Baron needs

to be held to long jumpshots.

I suspect Monster Mash will have a big impact

tonight.While Newble is a good defender,I think

Mash will be able to postup Newble and score

on him.

Big Dog and JT are the key players tonight....

1)Big Dog must not allow Wesley to get open

3pt looks.....To be honest this would be a good

night for Dion to log alot of minutes.I'd rather

see Dion on Wesley because Dion is quicker

and Dion can match David's upper body power.

David Wesley is alot stronger than alot of

people realize.

Big Dog must also be aggressive on offense forcing

Mash to work both ends of the floor.

2)Jason Terry must not allow Baron to get inside or

allow Baron to beat him down the court repeated

times.Baron is struggling with his shot so make

him shoot them BUT DON'T PLAY ZONE DEFENSE...

LON DON'T PLAY ZONE DEFENSE IN THIS GAME.

3)I suggest JT look to be aggressive with his shot

because PJ Brown will probably play Shareef one

on one and PJ can defend Shareef pretty well.

4)Dion and Hendu should both log in solid minutes

tonight because we will need both of them.

• Premium Member

Actually, the Hornets are on the second night of 2 games. We should be better rested. However, being that we haven't played since tuesday, there might be some rust. However, I expect us to jump out on them early. BUT Lon's halftime adjustments better be good otherwise, Silas will be able to outcoach him and Charlotte has the guns to beat us.

Ira's a great defender, we know that and have seen it - however he won't be defending Mash tonight, and that's probably for the best. Ira's better at defending swingmen who are slashers and jumpshooters - Mash has too much postup skills for Ira's defensive style - the brunt of the assignment will fall on Big Dog, for better or worse

Ira will be asked to contain Wesley and Alexander. With their being on the second night of back to backs and Wesley having played big minutes last night/ had a big game last night, I expect Alexander to play more tonight - that will be Ira's responsibility - to keep those two out of the game, thus trying to eliminate your observation of not allowing much from behind the arc.

Just looking over their starting lineup - with Wesley only being 6-1 and Davis being 6-3, would it be smart to put Ira on Davis and ease the defensive load of JT by putting him on Wesley, allowing him to play to passing lanes/ help defense a little bit more?

also...any word on how much longer Nazr's supposed to be out? we could really use him tonight.

I look for Ira to spend a lot of time defending Davis and for JT to spend most of his time on Wesley. When Alexander comes in, JT will probably start on him (Alexander) but they could switch if Alexander proves to be too big for JT. Actually, our lineup will cause them problems as well because Ira is at least 6 inches taller than Wesley and while Wesley is strong, that's still a lot of size to be giving up. I won't be surprised at all to see Ira in double figures tonight.

• Admin

Pretty solid rotation. This team looks like it's learning each other better. They took on a veteran team tonight and beat them handily. They got a lead and held on to it. The rotations were slimmed down. Maybe the coach is learning who he can count on and when? Solid effort all around.

See how much better Dion looks when he is

out there with the some starters instead of

all bench players?Hendu seems to be able

to hit the boards better aswell.

I still don't like seeing Ham in the post.He

doesn't belong there.

You're right. It didn't interrupt the flow of our play to use less wholesale lineup changes.

We're a unique defensive team, too. It starts with Theo, but it seems like the whole team has a weak side/help/shot block and steal mentality -- not a straight up on-the-ball defense. I don't think the Hornets had a lot of fun last night.

They made a comment about Ham last night. Mike Glenn said he was talking to Dominique before the game and he said believe it or not Ham has some pretty good fundamental game of playing down low in the paint.BTW will Chris Crawford find his way back into the rotation? I know the guy is coming back off of a injury but Lon could at least let him play 8 or 10minutes a game to get him back in the flow of things.

Ham doesn't belong on the low block I really don't

care what anybody says....Nique isn't a coach.It's

obvious he doesn't belong there.I'd rather see

Crawford play than Ham because Ham is just a

scrub.