• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI:Hawks 3rd least team players want to play for

Plainview1981

Quote:

Shaq can't play with other stars obviously.

When you get called out for your absolutely retarded statement you completely change the subject to Eric Snow and Theo Ratliff, who have no relevance to your quote at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Shaq can't play with other stars obviously.

When you get called out for your absolutely retarded statement you completely change the subject to Eric Snow and Theo Ratliff, who have no relevance to your quote at all.

Theo Ratliff was an All star...doesn't that at least qualify him as a star? Or are we going by Jersey sales

Quote:

He never ever missed the playoffs? Might want to check that playa. And he has won Zero without a dominant guard.

Oh please, you know what I mean. The only playoffs he ever missed was his rookie year, when he turned a 21 win team to a 41 win team, and they lost the tiebreaker with Indy to make the playoffs. I suppose I should have said he would never have a losing record.

And as for dominant guards, he makes them look dominant. Why is that dominant guard Kobe could only muster 34 wins in his first year as soon as Shaq left? Shaq must just be real lucky I guess

Quote:

Theo Ratliff was an All star...

Man you are clueless. Don't you even realize that Theo WAS TRADED before they reached the Finals.

Now I would certainly consider Deke a star but he was a defensive star. He was never good on offense which is why he fit in with AI.

The whole point is that AI can't play with another big time scorer who demands the ball.

• Moderators

(1) Shaq has enjoyed great success with numerous stars. He can definitely play with them successfully. I'm not sure how making the NBA finals in Orlando, winning multiple NBA championships in LA and looking like a prohibitive favorite to at least make the NBA finals again this year with offensive co-stars in every location don't add up to big time success. Also, every one of his costars enjoyed considerably less success without him. How does this equate to him being unable to function on the court with a other stars?

(2) Theo Ratliff has never been a real star but even if he was the issue is role within the offense. Ratliff/Dikembe who manned the post during AI's one trip to the NBA finals (which he lost bigtime to Shaq's team) are defenders/rebounders. They are very good ones but no one questions whether AI can function well with those types of players. He could be on a team with Bill Russell, Ben Wallace and 3 other defensive stars and do great. The question is how he would do with other offensive stars - which is what we hope to develop with our personnel in Atlanta (especially JJ and Marvin).

AI did function better with defensive players than offensive ones which is why he made the finals with Snow, McKie, Dikembe, etc. and not with Stackhouse, Van Horn, Robinson, Hughes, Webber, etc. Whether that is necessarily the case for the future is the big question.

• Premium Member

People can get pissed all they want. Until we start winning and put butts in the seat we will have this problem and evertone should recognize that. BK will have to come off his high and mighty or those players will laugh in his face and go somewhere else.

If this ownership mess is not resolved we will also be spinning our wheels and nothing the commish says will change anything. It appears that they are total screwups, but if they are not, then they should get there acts together in a hurry.

In any event all of the player we have named were nothing more than role players and journeymen, and none of them start right now, save Eric Snow.

I mean look at the lists of stiffs

Van Horn?

Hughes?

Stackhouse?

Big Dog?

With the exception of Stackhouse this year, none of these people have made an appreciable impact on any team they have been on.

Quote:

I don't see how any knowlegable fan could draw any parallel between Iverson and Shaq. They are complete opposits.

well, Shaq did say that "Im a bigger version of AI" on QUITE FRANKLY (stephen a smith's show). Shaq is a huge fan of iverson's.