SI:Hawks 3rd least team players want to play for

Plainview1981

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are a longtime bottom feeder, everytime our GM opens his mouth he sounds like a jerk, we have terrible attendance, we have an unproven yet constantly screaming coach, and our ownership is fighting it out in court..Whats not to love?

Quote:

Well, we are a longtime bottom feeder, everytime our GM opens his mouth he sounds like a jerk, we have terrible attendance, we have an unproven yet constantly screaming coach, and our ownership is fighting it out in court..Whats not to love?

We have a great big time city and plenty of FA money. That's about it folks...

BK and company better make some positive noise real soon...like this draft and this upcoming season

Well if you look at the bottom 6:

Utah Jazz .....27%

Toronto Raptors .....16%

Atlanta Hawks .....10%

Milwaukee Bucks.....6%

New York Knicks .....5%

New Orleans Hornets .....4%

I think 4 of them are because of the city, and us and NY are because of the franchise's reputation at this point. With a little winning, we could shoot way up. Utah can win back to back titles and they'll still be bottom 3. Same thing with Toronto and the canadian taxes. I'm not too worried about this. The fact that one out of 10 guys mentionned us isn't that bad given our record over the past 3 years. I bet even amongst those guys, a lot of em would come here if we're offering the biggest buck

We'll likely have to overpay in FA.

Also makes me think that if BK can pay David Andersen more than the second round salary structure, he'd better because he may have a hard time getting anyone else to sign. Unless of course they are in that 2 percent.

It's not the money...we have that. We have as much cash as any team in the league. We're third because, one, we're not Mormon, and two, we're in the frickin United States!!

Utah and Toronto. You guys think that it's okay were not LAST! Typical of this post man! The Raptors and the Jazz???? C'mon, this is a good thing?

One more time for Allen Iverson. He would change that stereotype. Bring him in and it changes everything. Money and positive revenue, national interest, people in the seats, and a CHANCE at the post season. Yeah, it gets old talking about AI, but I want something to look forward to next year...not another positive step in year "4", 35 wins and 10th in the Eastern Conference (and that's optimistic). Make a move.....! It's too frustrating.

• Admin

that mentality is the blind leading the blind. You want to bring AI here to help our pop. But what happens if AI doesn't get enough shots (in his mind) and we lose 5 in a row and he starts spouting off in the media. The EVERYONE, including players, says "see, i told you so", in unison, but meaning two completely different things. The players say it becuase they knew we would still stink and the media says it becuase they knew we were stupid for trying to use AI to save our team.

It's not a good thing, it's an expected thing. We have been losing for a while, so some people (10%) won't believe that we're getting our sh!t together until they see a winning record. Oh well. You can't win em all. 90% of them don't think we're the worst destination, and a handful think we're the best despite our horrible record.

On the other hand, look at the teams listed as the preferred destination:

San Antonio Spurs

Miami Heat

Phoenix Suns

Los Angeles Lakers

New York Knicks

Dallas Mavericks

Detriot Pistons

Phoenix Suns

Chicago Bulls

Indiana Pacers

Atlanta Hawks

Okay, now my first comment would be how did Phoenix make it on the list twice? My second comment would be that these are all winning (playoff) teams, and us and new york. So like I said, that's why I wouldn't panic. NBA players as a whole LOVE atlanta, and LOVE NY. Right now some of them are scared of our record, but if we're patient and push for or make the playoffs next year, they would all love to come here.

Besides, even if signing AI makes us looks better to FA's (not sure of that anyhow, who wants to share the ball with a ballhog?), we would have zero capspace left to sign anyone

Who cares? We got Joe Johnson didn't we? We don't need any more big time FAs for now. Well maybe during the 2007 off-season which might be the nastiest FA of all-time in any sport if some big time players don't re-sign between now and then.

But anyways, the corp of this team is almost set. We land a solid player with the 5th pick and we are good to go through the rest of this decade and then some.

Quote:

Why would you want to come to a franchise who's fanbase would rather have Chris Wilcox and Speedy Claxton than Allen Iverson.

Sounds like an intelligent fanbase to me. Outside of the NBA Live and Fantasy Basketball world, a 31 year old Allen Iverson isn't that great of an idea when you're a rebuilding team.

Quote:

Well if you look at the bottom 6:

Utah Jazz .....27%

Toronto Raptors .....16%

Atlanta Hawks .....10%

Milwaukee Bucks.....6%

New York Knicks .....5%

New Orleans Hornets .....4%

I think 4 of them are because of the city, and us and NY are because of the franchise's reputation at this point. With a little winning, we could shoot way up. Utah can win back to back titles and they'll still be bottom 3. Same thing with Toronto and the canadian taxes. I'm not too worried about this. The fact that one out of 10 guys mentionned us isn't that bad given our record over the past 3 years. I bet even amongst those guys, a lot of em would come here if we're offering the biggest buck

I don't understand why people don't like Salt Lake. It is an absolutely goregous area with tons of outdoor recreation activities.

I think that is a valid point. However, our ownership b.s. since then can easily negate the positive. It would be very nice to have that whole thing resolved before the FA season opens. This could be vital for our FA recruiting.

On the other hand, I wonder what a similar baseball survey would look like. I know that the Braves are a desirable place to play, but their fan base is for crap.

The reason we probably aren't last has nothing to do with the franchise and everything to do with our location. Salt Lake City and Toronto aren't exactly the place that most cats would like to live. So I'd guess that the rest of the league actually thinks we are the worste franchise...just one in a nice city.