• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players Wingspan are in

WraithSentinel

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Sene has ridiculously long arms but it will probably take 4+ years for him to make something of himself. O'Bryant has a lot of size going for him. Aldridge is some serious weight room time away from being a center. Sheldon Williams and Cedric Simmons definitely measure out as legit power forwards. Tyrus Thomas is Josh Smith II.

Damn! Shelden is a little longer than expected. Most thought he would have around a 7'2" wingspan, but to measure out at 7'4.25", he's very long. Despite his height, his length will allow him to play center in the NBA.

if we get shelden, it has to be to play center

pg/jj/marvin/smoove/shelden will be our forecasted starting lineup of the future

shelden is as tall as bwallace, prolly has longer reach, and may even be around the same strength as big ben

he could be a more offensive wallace at center for us if he pans out

with the centers of the future being players like dhoward/amare/bosh/etc, shelden should be fine at center

especially with shotblocking smoove at pf next to him and >7' reach marvin at sf and jj at 2

just need a pg that can stop penetration and our team defense will come given time

and we'll still be able to score a lot

i'd still be happy with obryant or sene instead tho

Two 2nd round options that look good size wise are:

Solomon Jones- 6'10" 225lbs 7'4" Wingspan

Eric Williams- 6'8" 285lbs 7'4" Wingspan

I think Patrick O'Bryant should be considered at #5 along with Sheldon. I am still hoping the Aldridge falls to us.

Quote:

Some of Sheldon's wingspan is attributable to his broad frame. I imagine if they did a standing reach test he would not measure out as well as some of the string bean types whose wingspan is based largely on the length of their arms.

It is true

From Chad Fords Insider:

measure0ic.jpg

Adam Morrison's standing reach is 2 inches higher than Shelden's!

Take me off the Shelden bandwagon. I'll officially be pissed if we draft him at #5, if we trade down and pick him up and get a PG like Keyon Dooling out of the deal, OK.

The whole argument with Shelden was that he has long arms to make up for his lack of height, it's just not the case.

Insider is also reporting on that Hawks promise. I take their rumors more seriously than rumors from other sources.

The Hawks are already undersized inside. I am sure that Shelden's athletic tests will come in very strong but the last thing the Hawks need is an undersized big.