• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN panel say Sheldon will be a hawk

wartownrep

i don't consider these guys credible sources. screamin a. smith & co. are just doin their job. not much deep insight imo.

our boy jay bilas has ty thomas rated #1? that makes no sense to me considering the similarities between tt and smoove of '04. hopefully he calls every one of our picks a bust!

Quote:

Quote:

Foye is a more athletic Billups? thats some serious nut hugging.

You think Billups has a 38 inch vertical? You think he would time as quick as Felton in the lane agility test?

I doubt it.

you're right ex. but billups is a MUCH better passer imo.

Quote:

Maybe BK will surprise everyone and come up with another first rounder to get Shelden and a pg.

Picking another 6'8" player aint no damn suprise. A PG would be nice but a front line of:

MWill

Shelden

Smoove

Is not going to win anything or stop anyone from cramming the ball down our throats for at least another year. If BK takes Shelden and calls him the center (big) we needed, I will start calling for him to be fired starting tomorrow.

What a waste all these draft picks would be, if we did not get at least one 6' 10" player out of 3 lottery picks and 1 mid round pick. That is more than enough to get any GM fired. Completely irresponsible...

I don't care what he says, Shelden is not Bill Russell, he is not Big Ben, and we do not have a Rasheed Wallace or a Amare Stoudamire either.

Quote:

So you think Zaza Pachulia is a better defensive presence than Shelden Williams? Lol.

Will you go find the quote were I said this. I do not take drugs or drink, but maybe that is what has caused you to be seeing and reading things that do not exist.

Quote:

Quote:

So you think Zaza Pachulia is a better defensive presence than Shelden Williams? Lol.

Will you go find the quote were I said this. I do not take drugs or drink, but maybe that is what has caused you to be seeing and reading things that do not exist.

You basically said we would get owned down low with a frontcourt that consisted of Josh Smith and Marvin Williams at the forward positions and Shelden at C.

I disagree because Shelden will be a better defender from day one than Zaza will ever be. You keep looking at his height. How about acknowledging his knack for defensive rebounding and pure strength to go along with the wingspan of a 7 footer?

We're talking about a guy who's 258 pounds in muscle coming into the league. He will easily have elite strength in this league in 2 years if he doesn't already. He's not going to get pushed around down there with his low center of gravity and all that strength. On the offensive end, with his strength and offensive skillset he is a legit back to the basket threat. Think the offensive production of Carlos Boozer. Think the defensive presence of Elton Brand (if not more).

Quote:

I disagree because Shelden will be a better defender from day one than Zaza will ever be.

And you keep making this out to be about ZaZa. It aint. This is about our last lottery pick for two seasons. Shelden no more fits our team as does Gay. We have at least one to many 6'8" players.

We need a guard or a 6'10' or better player. This is not high school or college. If Shelden was projected as a Bill Russell or Okufur? Sure go for it. But he is projected as a role player who may be a reach if he goes in the top ten much less the top five.

I would love for Shelden to be the next great 6'8" post player and we got him at five. But we probably have a better chance of making the playoffs next year than Shelden ever turning out to be a all star.

That is my two cents, and until Shelden makes a all star team, I am sticking to it. I am not like a lot of posters, if I am wrong then I am wrong, but until it happens, my opinion does not change with the weather...

Quote:

Shelden no more fits our team as does Gay. We have at least one to many 6'8" players.

We need a guard or a 6'10' or better player. This is not high school or college.

So Shelden Williams is the same player as Rudy Gay? Brilliant!

Rudy Gay is a 3/4 tweener like Josh Smith and Marvin Williams. Now THAT is duplicating a position. Shelden Williams actually has legit post presence making him more of a 4/5 guy. His skillset with his back to the basket banger game is completely different from that of Marvin, Smith, and Gay. Once again, too much stock into height.

Where is Gumby gonna play ??? Hes gonna play the 4 Correct does that mean hes coming off the bench if is one of your studs in Marvin Williams or Josh Smith coming off the bench. If its Williams you drafted a guy 2nd overall to have him come off the bench. If its Shelden Wiliiams you dont take a guy this early to come off the bench. Out of all the prospects in the top 10 Shelden GUmby WIlliams has the least upside. We need Height you may say look at Elton Brand , Ben Wallace theres only so many players like this in the NBA. Wat about the busts you dont mention like Marcus Fizer, Mike Sweetney who great college players who entered into the NBA undersized and have done nothing. If we go BIG we go 6'11+++ or else it doesnt make sense how is it we draft another Forward whose shorter then previous 2 we just drafted its mind boggling. Also if you told me the HAwks worked this guy and he really impressed and they felt he was gonna be a big time player ok thats fine but not working out a guy and then Guarnteeing you will take him is just unheard of if you ask me.

I never said that all undersized big men were sure things. But on the contrary, there are just as many prototypical big men that fail. It's hard to gauge how a player will turn out in the pros regardless of size.

But what you can look at is production and the tools the player brings to the table and the bottomline is that Shelden Williams is easily the most polished and productive big man in this draft.

Usually the guys that don't pan out at the next level are the guys without the great work ethic like in the case with Sweetney. Also if there is anything that translates from college to the pros consistently it's consistent defensive production. Shelden Williams has consistently been a great defender ever since his Sophmore year improving every year.

Why do so many of you expect this defensive presence to dissappear now?