• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dieselputer says.... BK has deals in place alread

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just like the so-called "promise".

who's to say that BK hasn't already made a deal with Isiah??

Follow the thought.

Last year at the trade deadline, there were some moves that were made that were fishy.

Mainly, Atlanta not moving Harrington.

NY trading for Francis.

At the deadline, we didn't have anything but Harrington to give to NY and Francis makes a lot.

Then came the draft.

BK didn't look at a PG.

Isiah didn't look at a PF or SF.

In fact, Isiah got another PG (Mardy Collins) and a SG (Blakmon). Those are two positions he really didn't need as much as Sf.

BK got two PFs.

Left a lot of PGs in his wake.

BK says he's looking for a PG taller than Dee Brown. Who will not hold the ball and can push the pace.

I think if you put the clues together, you might see Al for Francis.

I would like it!

Francis/JJ/Smoove/Shelden/Zaza..

• Premium Member

You think Crawford is a saint?

Again.

I'm just looking at the evidence. Why trade for Francis unless one of them (Francis or Marbury) will be moved.

My hope is Francis to Denver for KMart.. so that we can send Al to Denver for Miller. That's still very possible.

However, we can't deny that the moves that have been made up to this point speaks to actions to be made in FAcy.

Like it or not.

Quote:

Again.

I'm just looking at the evidence. Why trade for Francis unless one of them (Francis or Marbury) will be moved.

My hope is Francis to Denver for KMart.. so that we can send Al to Denver for Miller. That's still very possible.

However, we can't deny that the moves that have been made up to this point speaks to actions to be made in FAcy.

Like it or not.

Im not denying that we could even be after Francis. Im just saying isn't he a player that is said to be uncoachable? We don't need our young coach and players dealing with something like that do we? Can't we get a guy with just a little more character?

• Premium Member

I watched him play too. I thought he was a 2 because he would guard some 2's. He's very active and was a big fan favorite in SC. This guy would actually Hype the crowd. I think it's going to be a new world in NY. He will probably get booed, but if he makes big plays.. .he will become a fan fav. I see him as a 2/3 that has the enthusiasm of Junk Yard Dog. I think one problem is that he's not a 24 minute guy in the NBA so I doubt he would ever be a starter. He would get tired and have to be taken out.. But I think he did a really good job defending 2s which is why I said he would be a 2 and not a 3.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Having a deal in mind has crossed my mind. But if you think back, every time (or mostely) Al talked about another team it was Chicago. Wonder if the deal could be for Duhon? He's a true point guard.

Only problem is that Duhon is not that good. Good A/T ratio but is a career 37% shooter from the field. That won't help Joe when he is double teamed

Quote:

Just like the so-called "promise".

who's to say that BK hasn't already made a deal with Isiah??

Al = unrestriceted free agent with a hard ball playing agent

Exactly how does having a deal in place work? Come on guys. This is not the draft. Al is saying show me the money and has been dince day one. We will take what we can get for AL; and yes he is in control. Not BK and certainly not Isiah.

I do not disagree that NY has a lot of guards that they can offer. But to rule out anyone else that needs some low post scoring is premature.

Quote:

Quote:

Again.

Like it or not.

Im not denying that we could even be after Francis. Im just saying isn't he a player that is said to be uncoachable? We don't need our young coach and players dealing with something like that do we? Can't we get a guy with just a little more character?

If you want a stale offense that lacks ball movement then Steve Francis is your guy... Otherwise, stay away.

I agree... Maybe Mardy Collins is part of a package...

I said ya gotta keep raping Isaiah while he's still GM... smile.gif

I'm surprised they're lookin' for a shoot first PG... Seems with JJ on the wing you'd want a true PG lookin' to distribute...

Mardy does have one thing goin' for him... The wingspan trait that BK looks for... smile.gif

He does play solid "D"... Course he had to playin' at Temple... I liked him when I watched him...

Sure does seem like we've got a lot of bodies and not many roster spots...

I really don't think Francis is a cancer. He always worked really well with Houston, and when he went to Orlando they were in playoff contention after he replaced McGrady when they had the worst record in the league. Sure things didn't work out in the end, but thats only one situation. There was no way he was going to do anything with the Knicks messed up roster and being there only a half a season. Marbury is a proven cancer, Francis is not.

BTW how was he gonna get out of the first round? The west was loaded then, you really think Francis and Mobley could get it done? He only played with Yao one year and Yao was a complete softy then, and still is now if you ask me. Francis used to be great with Cato, he always got him wide open looks inside and sick oops, and we know Cato is horrible. I think he would have the same effect with our team, plus he's still really young.

I really like the idea of that 3way deal...Al for Andre Miller...I think that would make us a 40 win team.

Andre Miller/Tyronn Lue/Royal Ivey

Joe Johnson (2-3)/Salim Stoudamire (1-2)

Marvin Williams (3-4)/Josh Childress (2-3)

Josh Smith (3-4)/Sheldon Williams (4-5)/Estaban bautista (4-5)

Zaza Pachulia (4-5)/Solomon Jones (4-5)

I like our bench in this lineup a lot and see no reason why we can't win 40 games.

Quote:

I really don't think Francis is a cancer. He always worked really well with Houston, and when he went to Orlando they were in playoff contention after he replaced McGrady when they had the worst record in the league. Sure things didn't work out in the end, but thats only one situation. There was no way he was going to do anything with the Knicks messed up roster and being there only a half a season. Marbury is a proven cancer, Francis is not.

BTW how was he gonna get out of the first round? The west was loaded then, you really think Francis and Mobley could get it done? He only played with Yao one year and Yao was a complete softy then, and still is now if you ask me. Francis used to be great with Cato, he always got him wide open looks inside and sick oops, and we know Cato is horrible. I think he would have the same effect with our team, plus he's still really young.

GED

GED

GED

GED

GED

GED

ask our new "landlord" what he thinks of Stevie Franchise. i bet he'd like that trade so he could plant his @ss in the floor each and every practice.

Quote:

I really like the idea of that 3way deal...Al for Andre Miller...

I hadn't heard about a 3 way trade, but agree that Harrington for Miller seems like a logical trade for both sides. I'd be all about it if it happened, and Harrington did speak positively of Denver during the season when we were apparently shopping him and Denver was offering us Nene and 2 first rounders.

So both sides have expressed positive commentary about the other...so who knows- maybe something can happen.